Login

russian armor

Are we not going to talk about AA pricing?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (5)down
17 Oct 2014, 09:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Oct 2014, 08:14 AMCruzz

why on earth do so many people own this game without ever touching it?

Well, I'm not interested in SP so I only play automatch :p I think I played the first campaign mission and it was boring to me
17 Oct 2014, 09:40 AM

Personally I think this has the potential to be awesome, tactical battles linked together with strategic choices?

I want this to work

Agreed!

But I do not know if this can justify the prize of 40 Euros (EU) for a standalone-singleplayer-campaign. For me a prize of 25-30 Euros would have been OK and I would have probably pre-ordered it.
17 Oct 2014, 09:51 AM
Benefactor 115

also, The Evil Within is 59,99€ on Steam.
I thought you'd find it interesting since you like to bash on things you're not interested in being too expensive
17 Oct 2014, 09:55 AM

quick reply. I'll pass.
17 Oct 2014, 09:55 AM
Patrion 14

I want *every iteration* of CoH2 to work but I'll not have the piss taken out of me by greedy publishers.

I just clicked on steam. Ardennes Assault, a piece of DLC with no new units, is UK£29.99. That's the same prices as...

Borderlands the Pre-Sequel
Shadow of Mordor
Sid Meier Civ: Beyond Earth

Seriously, Sega are out of their tiny minds. Relic, please look at how Creative Assembly approach this issue and learn.
17 Oct 2014, 09:56 AM

I can get full games for this amount, I bet the Wargame franchise (infinitely superior to CoH2 these days) can be bought in its entirety for this amount...
17 Oct 2014, 10:21 AM

Company of Heroes for me it's not just multiplayer, but also a very interesting single game. Single player vanilla Company of Heroes 2 completely disappointed me (boring gameplay, horrible story). The only mission where I could say - yes it in Company of Heroes style - Tiger hunting
Sorry Relic I will not buy you Ardennes Assault.
17 Oct 2014, 10:40 AM

Company of Heroes for me it's not just multiplayer, but also a very interesting single game. Single player vanilla Company of Heroes 2 completely disappointed me (boring gameplay, horrible story). The only mission where I could say - yes it in Company of Heroes style - Tiger hunting
Sorry Relic I will not buy you Ardennes Assault.

Yeh, i play MP and SP. And the campaign from COH2 was not that good (The Tiger mission was an exception).
vCOHs Campaign was great, TOW missions from COH2 where better then the COH2 campaign. But 40 Euros for AA, GTFO Relic/SEGA.
nee
17 Oct 2014, 11:02 AM

No way, even if the full information in all of its advertising greatness was revealed to me at considerable reputation expense of Relic.

If I want to spend that money on a separate game and not bother with CoH2, I'd just buy a different game from a company with better odds of doing their work right.

I mean did anyone here really ask Relic to make a separate full blown single player experience at the expense of fixing their existing game, AND pay for it as if it's a new game?
17 Oct 2014, 11:10 AM

I'll wait for AA as a warspoils drop :guyokay:

In seriousness though I might buy it, still undecided. Leaning most likely towards no though, but that is purely because I never finish single player campaigns anyway. I'll probably just wait as close as possible til release.

17 Oct 2014, 11:18 AM

The new campaign map probably looks cooler than it actually is. I predict it's just a series of missions for each company which you complete in linear fashion. Hope I'm wrong though, Close Combat Gateway to Caen -style campaign map would fit the game quite nicely imo. Anyways 40€ is way too much for a single campaign, nice trailer though.
17 Oct 2014, 13:46 PM

40 euros = 40 Dollars? LOOOOOOL Epic reading XD
17 Oct 2014, 14:01 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I'm hoping it will be similar to dow2 single player in the sense that it was like wildly different from multiplayer but also super awesome
17 Oct 2014, 14:58 PM

Permanently Banned
im thinking about pre-ordering it. but plz RELIC. give us some more info about it
17 Oct 2014, 15:08 PM

With basically no information regarding it, and only one picture of the campaign map, why do they think people will pre-order? I suppose a few diehards will, but I can't imagine that many will.
17 Oct 2014, 15:11 PM

$20 - I will get it!
$30 - I will consider it
$40 - I don't think so
17 Oct 2014, 15:46 PM

If you think the price is too high, don't buy it. There are plenty of other things to keep you occupied until the price drops. And, as others have written, the price will probably drop by Christmas, and then even more by Easter.

Oh I totally agree.

You have GOOD AAA Games coming out - at - guess what - $40...lol

Why buy a DLC add-on for this mess of a game for $40 when you can get a FULL game such as Borderlands Pre-Sequel etc.

The player numbers reflect it - so yes - you're absolutely correct.

This will be in the $5 bargain bin - just like COH2 stand alone was 3 months after release.
17 Oct 2014, 15:47 PM

I think everyone is basing their decision right now on the assumption that AA is just gonna be another normal single player campaign. It might be, but if they do what they're hyping and it's dynamic and has good replay value I can see a price tag of $40. Especially if I was a single player guy, I could definitely see myself spending 40 bucks for a campaign you can play again and again e.g. Shadows of Mordor, Total War games, Civ games, that kind of game.
Guess we'll have to wait and see, no way I'm preparing anything until I see real gameplay footage.
17 Oct 2014, 15:55 PM

I think everyone is basing their decision right now on the assumption that AA is just gonna be another normal single player campaign. It might be, but if they do what they're hyping and it's dynamic and has good replay value I can see a price tag of $40. Especially if I was a single player guy, I could definitely see myself spending 40 bucks for a campaign you can play again and again e.g. Shadows of Mordor, Total War games, Civ games, that kind of game.

Yeah, but NOBODY KNOWS how it's gonna be, not even slightly.
Another good try destroyed by Relic's failed marketing.
I am afraid of Relic being closed by SEGA in the near future. I am serious.
17 Oct 2014, 15:58 PM

I didn't like like the vCoH2 campaign and I also didn't really enjoy the theater of war missions that much. So I don't think I will be getting any more SP content. I just hope Relic is not going to pull a fast one and include MP content that can only be unlocked if you buy the whole thing. That would be a dick-move.
PAGES (5)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 48
unknown 36
Germany 10
unknown 4
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W