Login

russian armor

Are we not going to talk about AA pricing?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (5)down
17 Oct 2014, 04:22 AM

$40 for this?

17 Oct 2014, 04:42 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

If you think the price is too high, don't buy it. There are plenty of other things to keep you occupied until the price drops. And, as others have written, the price will probably drop by Christmas, and then even more by Easter.
17 Oct 2014, 05:43 AM
Donator 22

As a purchaser of the COH2 Digital Collectors Edition and several DLC purchases, I am disappointed that loyal customers like myself and others here were not even give the bone of a discount for this game.

What happened to all the "extras" the Digital Collectors were supposed to receive? A few skins and Commanders everyone eventually gets through War Spoils ain't that much...
17 Oct 2014, 06:06 AM

IMO the trailer's views show the anticipation for this add on very good.
New trailers for games usually have at least 20.000 - 100.000 views after a few days.
This trailer now has about 4.000 ...
17 Oct 2014, 07:16 AM

best way to see AA how it looks like (talking about SP) is to watch some streamers that will for sure have it
17 Oct 2014, 07:24 AM
Patrion 14

If you think the price is too high, don't buy it. There are plenty of other things to keep you occupied until the price drops. And, as others have written, the price will probably drop by Christmas, and then even more by Easter.

Hmmm. A second caster / senior community member wanting us to stfu about the pricing.

Did you all get a free copy or something?

This is a discussion forum. We discuss stuff. In this case it's the price of an item the vast majority of forum members are astonished by.

If this is out of bounds let me know and I'll delete my account and go somewhere else.

Sheesh.
17 Oct 2014, 07:55 AM
Patrion 15

I was gonna pre order it because I want to support Relic and all....but 40 dollars....I think i'll wait till it's on sale.
17 Oct 2014, 08:00 AM
Honorary Member Badge

I've pre-ordered, but I agree that seems expensive for a single player campaign.

However it looks to add a strategic element and some differing gameplay with replayability; so I am cautiously optimistic

As an aside though, and I should start a separate thread for this kind of data:

Steam achievements:

Play 10 Campaign missions 11.4%

Complete Campaign on conscript 11.2%

Play 3 automatch games 11.0%

Play 10 Comp Stomps 10.1%

Play 10 automatch games 6.6%

Sorry guys, people do play campaign so making one makes sense for relic to do
17 Oct 2014, 08:12 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Hmmm. A second caster / senior community member wanting us to stfu about the pricing.

Did you all get a free copy or something?

This is a discussion forum. We discuss stuff. In this case it's the price of an item the vast majority of forum members are astonished by.

If this is out of bounds let me know and I'll delete my account and go somewhere else.

Sheesh.

He is NOT telling you to stfu!

No we did NOT get a free copy.

Yes, this is a discssion forum and he just gives his honest opinion and I must admit this is my opinion too. 1000 People whining about the price instead of just saying: Okay I don't buy it then!

Complaining isn't out of bounds butas soon as it seems to go into bashing/constant whining it gets annoying (I am nt saying you id this this is just an example) ;)
17 Oct 2014, 08:14 AM

Steam achievements:
Play 10 Campaign missions 11.4%
Complete Campaign on conscript 11.2%

The achievement numbers are really low for CoH2, what's up with that...only 30% of people have finished first campaign mission, 25% have played against AI once and 18.3% have played one automatch game...why on earth do so many people own this game without ever touching it? I mean it hasn't exactly been sold dirt cheap so far so they probably paid >8 euros for it.

Anyway, I'd assume that a decent percentage of the campaign achievements are by people like me who did play through the campaign once even though my interests lay almost purely in multiplayer. I'd never buy the game for a singleplayer experience, and so I'm not in any way interested in AA.
17 Oct 2014, 08:26 AM

Who is getting free copies of AA? :huhsign:

Could I have one also?
17 Oct 2014, 08:31 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

I dunno, I'd like to get one too. -.-
17 Oct 2014, 08:33 AM

Funny thing, Europeans pay 52 dollars for it. But thats nobody business. Who cares about us.
17 Oct 2014, 08:37 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Considering we are talking of digital copies imo it would have been fair to put it to a price similar to 40$, pretty much like what CDProject Red did with the Witcher 3.
17 Oct 2014, 08:44 AM

Considering we are talking of digital copies imo it would have been fair to put it to a price similar to 40$, pretty much like what CDProject Red did with the Witcher 3.

I Think this explains it the best.
Plus, I think all American Companies think USD is Euro translated into the "European" language.
17 Oct 2014, 08:55 AM
Patrion 14

It's thirty pounds in the UK. That's almost fifty dollars.

17 Oct 2014, 09:09 AM

So it's even cheaper in Pounds than in Euros. Didn't realize that earlier.
17 Oct 2014, 09:17 AM

40 Euros? Relic/SEGA, what are you smoking?

I am saying since release that they want to suck us dry but i get responces that "this is how it is" and sh.. like that.
So, this is the result, they have no shame or whatever. They dont care about the community (not fixing the bugs is a pretty good evidence), they just want to suck us dry.
THIS is the 5 year plan, nothing else.

RELIC/SEGA :loco::loco::loco:
17 Oct 2014, 09:26 AM

I will not pre-order it for this prize of 40 €uros. It is too much for a product you do not really know. I will wait until there are more information about AA and perhaps, after the prize drops during wintersales and possibly AA is it worth, I will buy it than. Even if Ranger lead the way.
17 Oct 2014, 09:29 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Oct 2014, 08:14 AMCruzz

The achievement numbers are really low for CoH2, what's up with that...only 30% of people have finished first campaign mission, 25% have played against AI once and 18.3% have played one automatch game...why on earth do so many people own this game without ever touching it? I mean it hasn't exactly been sold dirt cheap so far so they probably paid >8 euros for it.

Anyway, I'd assume that a decent percentage of the campaign achievements are by people like me who did play through the campaign once even though my interests lay almost purely in multiplayer. I'd never buy the game for a singleplayer experience, and so I'm not in any way interested in AA.

Well, it has been on free weekends, so if people have downloaded it but never played it, or played it once....

I know that here is populated by automatch players, and that such are the more vocal and dedicated players

However, looking at the numbers tells you that campaign and comp stomp are more popular modes until you get to really high numbers

Twice as many people have played 10 Campaign Missions than 10 Automatches (11.2 v 6.6)

But for 100 Missions it is:

Campaign .4%
Compstomp 1.7%
Automatch 2.0%

Which means that comp stompers are keeping up with automatches, but the campaign drops off because that's not that interesting to play 100 times.

Note also that the figures for TOW are really low, which is why we probably won't see new ones

Therefore:

A Campaign should sell well by itself, and if it has meaningful choices and replay value will do very well

Looking at the figures I would do what relic are doing - but I'd like to be real confident about my price point.

++++++++++++++++

It just happens to not be appealing to most of the people here; and that's totally ok because they are not the intended market

++++++++++++++++

Personally I think this has the potential to be awesome, tactical battles linked together with strategic choices?

I want this to work
PAGES (5)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight