Option Distribution Votes
55%
8%
14%
23%
Total votes: 103
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
7 Oct 2014, 08:58 AM

I made this poll to see what the community thinks of the current factions in terms of balance, so (hopefully) Relic will listen and maybe overhaul said faction.

Feel free to comment on suggested ideas for overhauls, i.e. Tech structure, units etc.

Please keep it constructive.
7 Oct 2014, 09:05 AM

If I had multiple votes I would say both Allied armies. USF needs a different unit for T1 other than Riflemen and RE.

Soviets only have access to half their units by default.
7 Oct 2014, 09:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2014, 09:05 AMsteel
If I had multiple votes I would say both Allied armies. USF needs a different unit for T1 other than Riflemen and RE.

Soviets only have access to half their units by default.

If I could design a faction, I would overhaul Soviets, make conscripts doctrinal and very similar to osttruppen. Replace them with penals that need T1 or 2 for satchels and flamers.

In Penals spot i would put guards in, also make them start with DP-28 so 222 isn't useless, leave PTRS as upgrade. (leave shocks doctrinal). Just a start, they need a lot more done.
7 Oct 2014, 09:19 AM

All of them, except soviets...maybe.
7 Oct 2014, 09:37 AM

Soviets getting most votes... The faction with most alternatives. This forum.

Ill vote okw, hate to see those blobs with shrecks running around.
7 Oct 2014, 10:00 AM

If I had 2 votes OKW would be next, they are in a bad spot, need some serious changes. But Soviet are the most predictable and cheesy of them all.
7 Oct 2014, 10:36 AM

Soviets need a complete rebuild.

But USF currently also lacks a lot to be competetive.

Hard choice.
7 Oct 2014, 12:33 PM

I believe this is because of heavy reliance on call-ins and cheesy spam tactics being too viable.

I voted for Ostheer though. Heavy changes are needed so T4 (and Panther) could be an alternative for Tigers.
7 Oct 2014, 12:42 PM

Ill vote okw, hate to see those blobs with shrecks running around.

2 is not "most".
7 Oct 2014, 12:43 PM

Soviets by far.

USF can be fixed by just buffing bazookas, BARs and a few other things here and there (major arty, infantry company arty,WC 51 etc).

And of course nerfing kubels
7 Oct 2014, 12:55 PM

All of them except Ostheer.
7 Oct 2014, 12:59 PM

I like the fact that Relic cant make small patches on a regular basis, but you guys expect a full overhaul. *slow clap
7 Oct 2014, 13:04 PM

I'm split between Soviet sand OKW, and to a lesser extent USF. Soviets are still kind of a mess, and some proper restructuring could help, plus Conscripts still don't scale. OKW on the other hand is a mix of spam units and crutch units. And I really hate that their standard infantry get AT weapons, because that leads to Schreck + Falls/Ober blobbing, which is totally doable due to Volks cheap price and extreme durability at Vet 5. USF just needs some units swapped between tiers, some price adjustments, and a better late-game. Wehrmacht is about the only faction I'm completely content with.
7 Oct 2014, 13:05 PM

I like the fact that Relic cant make small patches on a regular basis, but you guys expect a full overhaul. *slow clap

Expect is such a big word.

And I doubt that at this time anyone expects relic to even fix current bugs.
7 Oct 2014, 13:25 PM

Permanently Banned
Soviets. yet, usf needs massive buffs also...
7 Oct 2014, 13:25 PM

Expect is such a big word.

And I doubt that at this time anyone expects relic to even fix current bugs.

so much drama and emotion in every one of your posts. i feel you bra :foreveralone:
7 Oct 2014, 13:26 PM

sry if this ends in a double post but the forum ssems to not accept the reply button

well for me its Ostheer and sowjets i will list my issues with both below, a small note i will ignore any of the dlc commanders thes dont count for meas part of the basic gameplay

Ostheer: in my opinion Ostheer is quite handicapped in comparsion to the new armys, it has basically no diversity, and certain maps are either instant defeat or more stress then it is worth it especially thanks to the now fixed starting postions,

main reason behind it is that ostheers basic army (no commanders) are too campy and too vulnerable to attacks from multiple directions while they themself have nothing with that they can go into an offensiv against the enemy because it most times will force them into a close quarter enviroment were they wil lose most times easiest solution here is more non doc infantry or weapon upgrades to (like mp40 of the vcoh Volks on some maps in coh 2 i would kill for the good old volks)

next is light vehicles, they come either too late cause when they come there counters are on the field or they dont do their job for their price (flame ht vs maxim spam 3 maxim are enough to kill the ht before it even roasts one squad), osthher light vehicles need mostly a rework i thing

last is commanders most of the Ostheer commanders are not viable for a simple reason in 1vs1, they dont have a Tiger Tank, reson behind it is quite simple Ostheer has nothing that is effective enough to break an enemy defenses on certain maps (best example road to kharkov north) even Tanks which should exel at stuff like killing infantry in lategame dont do their job and are merely a schock weapon then defense breakers so if it ends in a verdun and if ostheer ist the one on the attacking side without a tiger it will most times end in a lose, the Tiger gives Ostheer the firepower and the meatshield to overcome a camping enemy on such maps

i think making the Tiger non doc in t4 should fix that so Ostheer commanders are more about added bonuses (like ambush camo, g43, command tanks, Stormtroopers etc.)

The Red Army: well the red army has similar Problems as Ostheer their core inf is anything but good for that they get lots of cheese

Infantry: well sowjets also need more non doc inf i think like non doc shocks and guards that siply dont have the guns of their doctrinal counterparts like schocks that only have mosin rifles and no smoke etc. or gaurds that can only get a DP or the at rifles so they smooth the lack of sowjet Core infantry and support more the combination of infatry then spaming stuff

Teching: i think sowjet teching should be reworked to be similar to the teching of the panzerelite from vcoh so they have more options and combinations and get less predictable

commanders:well its similar to the Ostheer commanders its most about the call in Units especially the Tanks i think here also should be more units made non doc and locked behind the tiers and upgrades so more commanders get viable (like an IS2 or t34/85 non doc but to get it you need 2 or 3 of the buildings or certain buildings upgraded) again with the effect of making commanders more about bonuses then must have

OKW and USF
well i dont own wfa so i cant only say about both from the postion of the enemy

both need smaller reworks, a nerf for the Kubel and less cost on Bars and bazookas like 40 mun for bars and 50 or so for zookas

and for the kubel is to give it a bigger size so its easier hit by enemy fire and especially at weapons

last is the mortarhowitzer well both of them a unreliable and unpredictable as ostheer i sometimes see an USF one doing both either beign the ender of worlds and killing always 3 of 4 squadmemebers and havin incredible accuracy or in another case the americans seem to have found the whiskey in the guns of the Sherman tanks and now they dont hit anything i think thex dont should be both they should be as reliable as ostheer and sowjet mortar while not being too drunk to hit or killing everything
7 Oct 2014, 13:45 PM

2 is not "most".

But its not just 2. Lets see:
Snipersiberianstyle
Maximsivanstyle
Shockspricestyle
M3catastyle
Conslennystyle
I could go on but I surely made my point already.

And the forum votes for soviets. Omg.
7 Oct 2014, 14:14 PM

Soviets need a complete rebuild.

But USF currently also lacks a lot to be competitive.

Hard choice.

USF needs some love and a late game, but overall probably not an overhaul.

Soviets need and overhaul because of their limited choices and commander dependence. OKW because designing an "extreme" faction means you are going to be unbalanced somewhere, especially if you have to balance it against 2 other factions and not just one.

7 Oct 2014, 14:21 PM

I would say Soviet, since they seem to have the most amount of units that are seen as 'Useless' with their entire T4 seen as pretty much being pointless.

I guess the same could be said for Ostheer, but I've seen at least a few players saving up for T4.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★