Login

russian armor

Blitz ability too good?

PAGES (7)down
6 Oct 2014, 08:41 AM

my problem with smoke and blitz is that theres no downside to them. Its a cheap boost with no risk.

Target weak point/target engine etc atleast have a chance to fail, which gives them some risk.

Smoke instantly completely conceals the tank. no drawback, no skill. Blitz gives a free speed boost, no drawback, no skill.

These abilities need to incorporate something along the lines of needing proper timing/positioning to use them. What if blitz for instance had a 3-5 second "wind up time". This would mean you would have to activate blitz with anticipation of whats about to happen.

What if smoke were to just deploy in front of the tank instead of completely envelope the vehicle in concealment? Now the smoke only works if you can put/keep the smoke between the tank and the threat. This would make smoke still useful for falling back, but it doesnt become an instant and easy hard counter to flanks and ambushes

also remeber that the allied tanks bassicaly just get "capture point".
Meanwhile button and stuart crew shock had no counterplay and needed immediate nerfs, right? Talk about contradictory.
6 Oct 2014, 08:42 AM

As much as I love the Panther, this isn't correct. The British Centurion was the first modern Main Battle Tank, conceptualized in 1943 and introduced in 1946. Some also consider the Soviet T-54 and T-55 (also 1946) to be MBT's, but in Soviet service they were officially classified as Medium Tanks.

That is strange actually.
I heard opinions that Panther is considered to be one of first MBTs though it's not correct either.
T-64 is considered first real MBT as far as I am aware.

I don't know what else to say, Panther first arrived to the battlefield in 1943. First T-34/85s began production in 1944. On the flip side, Red Army had mass produced their tanks meanwhile Nazi war machine had trouble reaching even 9000 of total produced Tiger 1s and Panthers. So Soviet literally won by spam LOL.

Each tank has it's "child diseases"
T-34 had most of problems fixed during 40-42.
Tiger had pretty long development cycle and was used at 42, so he was fixed.
Panther was completely raw tank and with drastic changes in war they had no time to fix that
6 Oct 2014, 09:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Oct 2014, 13:40 PMVaz
agree that blitz is dumb on panthers and tigers

All I could do is laugh the first time I watched a panther clear the main road in city 17 in about 2 seconds.

The thing is faster than a car. Last night I was throwing out jokes about how fast blitz panthers are compared to how slow the American ambulance is.
You forgot to take into account the Ambulance carries lots of medical supplies and a teleporter to reinforce squads with fresh troops from the States.
6 Oct 2014, 09:13 AM

This is exactly what needs to happen. Best part is we know relic can do it.
Worst part is we know Relic say Blitzkrieg is balanced right now. :snfPeter:

When I see tanks on blitzkrieg I think of this

6 Oct 2014, 14:38 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Oct 2014, 09:13 AMsteel
Worst part is we know Relic say Blitzkrieg is balanced right now. :snfPeter:

I'm just gonna leave this:

"Blitzkrieg enabled German armor to escape potentially deadly situation at a fairly low cost. This placed German armor in a very advantageous position relative to Soviet armor, as they could take greater risk while sustaining lower casualties on average. Other issues, such as awkward movement behavior or unrealistic accuracy, made the ability feel a bit cheap and magical. This change synergizes well with the recent modifications to acceleration, as vehicles will be far more responsive while the ability is active.

Now provides 1.6x acceleration
Received accuracy modifier from 0.5 to 0.75
Speed and accuracy modifier removed
Munition cost from 40 to 30"

And on the next patch

"Blitzkrieg
Now adds a speed maximum modifier by 1.5
Duration decreased from 20 seconds to 15 seconds"

Meanwhile overdrive :foreveralone:
6 Oct 2014, 14:41 PM

I'm just gonna leave this:

"Blitzkrieg enabled German armor to escape potentially deadly situation at a fairly low cost. This placed German armor in a very advantageous position relative to Soviet armor, as they could take greater risk while sustaining lower casualties on average. Other issues, such as awkward movement behavior or unrealistic accuracy, made the ability feel a bit cheap and magical. This change synergizes well with the recent modifications to acceleration, as vehicles will be far more responsive while the ability is active.

Now provides 1.6x acceleration
Received accuracy modifier from 0.5 to 0.75
Speed and accuracy modifier removed
Munition cost from 40 to 30"

And on the next patch

"Blitzkrieg
Now adds a speed maximum modifier by 1.5
Duration decreased from 20 seconds to 15 seconds"

Meanwhile overdrive :foreveralone:
Balanced :snfQuinn::snfPeter:
6 Oct 2014, 16:48 PM

What happened? I don't understand. Did they revert something?
6 Oct 2014, 17:12 PM

What happened? I don't understand. Did they revert something?

Yes, Blitz, long time ago after PQ posted on official forums that its indeed unrealistic to have tanks suddenly drive at additional rocket speed.

Then PQ realized he likes rockets, 'balance' is a synonymous of 'boring' and its an axis unit in question so nerf was practically reverted and the ability became as much of a bullshit as it was, so axis tanks have at vet 1:

-increased speed
-increased acceleration
-decreased chance to get hit

Or in OKW case

-10 second warp drive, doesn't matter if unit have 25 or 72 tons.

Meanwhile soviets have:

-Capture territory. Yay I guess? <444>_<444>

#reliclogic
#relicbalace
okwokw:snfPeter:ostheerostheer
6 Oct 2014, 17:17 PM

Sigh, Relic...
6 Oct 2014, 17:18 PM

And its only 30 muni!?!? Wow... it can totally swing a battle towards your side
6 Oct 2014, 17:19 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

and SU85 VETfocus 45MU,
and SU85 timefocus toggle 10sg,

SU85 is a lame tank vs blitz
6 Oct 2014, 17:23 PM

and SU85 VETfocus 45MU,

SPGs and AT guns vet was also stealth double nerfed, sight range greatly reduced, cost almost doubled.
Since its undocumented change one could hope its a bug, but since we're talking relic here, even if its a bug, we might see it fixed/confirmed post 2nd expansion if we're lucky.
6 Oct 2014, 17:32 PM
Donator 22

Mines dude.... mines everywhere.
6 Oct 2014, 17:39 PM

Mines can work if you can funnel the tank into a spot, but it is very unreliable on more open areas where blitz becomes crazy good
6 Oct 2014, 17:48 PM

and SU85 VETfocus 45MU,

These abilities were ninja nerfed as well. The SU85 is generally just lame right now.
6 Oct 2014, 17:49 PM

Would it be fair to suggest that Blitz could be delayed to Vet-2, while The Vet-2 Armored skirts could be moved to Vet-1? Then the HP-Pool + Damage + Range Increase could come at Vet-3?

This would give the Panzer IV's some more longevity, Panthers, a little more longevity on the battlefield unless the users are careless. (Not sure about Tigers) But it seems like a compromise at least.
6 Oct 2014, 17:52 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

These are my two favorite suggestions from the last blitz thread, I'll just copy them here:

- Blitz can only be activated while out of combat.
- The tank is slowed for a few seconds when the ability ends.

I've also added a card to the issue tracker for this ability. Go Vote!
6 Oct 2014, 18:48 PM

Meanwhile button and stuart crew shock had no counterplay and needed immediate nerfs, right? Talk about contradictory.

button and shock crew have timing/positioning involved.
6 Oct 2014, 19:04 PM

button and shock crew have timing/positioning involved.
You do realize I was being sarcastic right? atleast for the first sentence.
6 Oct 2014, 19:11 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Let's not get snarky, please? :)

Emoticons exist to help you indicate humour. Irony in itself does not work well on the web (as any foule knowes.....;) )
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 88
Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak