Login

russian armor

Blitz ability too good?

PAGES (7)down
2 Oct 2014, 22:08 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Kind of getting off topic.

I think speed boost abilities make great sense on fragile light vehicles. They need it to survive. On medium tanks... with better armor than their allied counterparts... which don't have speed boost abilities... I think it's a little dumb.
2 Oct 2014, 23:27 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Anyway, where did that gif came from XD
2 Oct 2014, 23:42 PM

Axis armour abilities have been stupidly good for way too long.

Tiger Ace encompasses all that is absurd with it. Spots for itself, massive damage and pen, great RoF.

Add to that the abilities and it's the worst thing ever. I'd rather try fight a KT than a well played Tiger Ace.

Target Weak Point has been a version of button that cannot be cancelled by smoke, still does damage like a normal shot, disables all guns and all movement, and lasts just as long. Button got a HUGE nerf recently due to OKW tears for their super heavies, but Target Weak Point is allowed the stay the same?
100% A grade top lel.

Smoke remains as under-costed as ever, forcing players to micro all their guns to manually target and hope they hit. Dirt cheap and more useful than a million soviet vet abilities.

Blitz so nearly got fixed, and then Relic want back on its own word and reverted it into the get out of jail free card. Pop blitz, flee at 88MPH and warp back into the past so you have full HP again (or, well. Get repaired). Couple that with smoke, and you never ever need to die ever.

Long Story Short? Blitz is Mad OP for a game where armour preservation is so delicate and often difficult.
Pop
3 Oct 2014, 00:32 AM

I'm another non supporter of blitz.
Turns what should be slow and cumbersome tanks (which already move too fast imo but that's another story) into road runners. I wouldn't mind it only being active for forward movements and attacking 'blitzes' as it's more of a overpowered 'lets get the fuck out of here'.

Heavy tanks = slow and powerful with high armour
Light and medium = opposite to compensate.

Blitz wrecks that simple philosophy.
3 Oct 2014, 00:35 AM

Why the hell does the king tiger have blitz. Who comes up with this shit?
3 Oct 2014, 00:38 AM

Permanently Banned
Blitz isn't what it used to be, but when it was nerfed it was as useless as secure mode on is2
3 Oct 2014, 01:59 AM

it should slowly accelerate up to the top speed
3 Oct 2014, 02:01 AM

Blitz isn't what it used to be, but when it was nerfed it was as useless as secure mode on is2

No, no it wasn't
3 Oct 2014, 02:42 AM

No, no it wasn't

Agreed. It's previous ability to accelerate to top speed quickly and ignore mud and deep snow movement penalties was far from useless as secure mode for IS2. Is it confirmed that blitzkrieg was buffed while the soviet light vehicles' Overdrive remained nerfed?
3 Oct 2014, 04:23 AM

Yep blitz on heavy armour is dumb.
3 Oct 2014, 05:19 AM

Increased reverse speed should be an ability reserved for future French vehicles only :P
3 Oct 2014, 05:29 AM

honestly if we really wanna correct everything then actually US should get blitz ability considering their tanks are considered "fast with low armor", it would make allied tanks more efficient, considering only tank atm that can even sustain dmg is easy eight, everything else just dies miserably. Also i don't have to tell you how many times my infantry got outrun by destroyed engine panther that was going backwards... I might be a noob but that's some serious balance issues you got right there.
3 Oct 2014, 05:33 AM

We need the return of the t34 Ram of old...

I mean, blitz nerf was practically undone, but why do German tanks need blitz?
3 Oct 2014, 05:42 AM

You can only put one squad inside an M3 and you can only equip two bazookas on riflemen/RE.

Also, I dont think you can get an M3 by normal means using USF.

Correct me If Im wrong, but "step on it" does not give speed bonus like blitzkrieg, it only gives acceleration bonus.

You can put 2 squads in m3. I'm talking about usa halftrack one.
3 Oct 2014, 05:57 AM

One thing that definitely needs to change is the name.

"Accelerate Warp Drive" would probably more accurately convey what happens post-activation.
3 Oct 2014, 06:55 AM

Yep, way too good.

Totally imbalanced, completely against the time frame of the game, get out of jail free card for the germans, as if they don't have enough of them...
3 Oct 2014, 10:10 AM

Axis vehicles should have some nitro in their tanks like in Flatout game - more you destroy things - more nitro you have!
3 Oct 2014, 10:40 AM

Relic nerfed Blitz, it was a very well deserved nerf. Now Axis tanks accelerate faster to their top speed instead of getting extra top speed. They also changed speed abilities on light vehicles. At that time panther got nerfed a bit as well, then came the stupid.

First they buffed panther to compensate for blitz nerf as tons of Axis players were crying. Then they buffed it some more, then a small nerf, then they reverted blitz and buffed panther again.
Blitz is not an ability used during WW2, it was a tactic of taking your units and rushing the enemy, taking them by surprise. Why blitz is in the game and why it gives such large speed increase to Axis tanks is beyond my ability to comprehend.
3 Oct 2014, 11:36 AM

Blitz was nerf (changed) pre-WFA and unnerf during WFA

whats up relic??

3 Oct 2014, 11:52 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Blitzkrieg is one of the main reasons why the call in meta is so bad. With Blitzkrieg, dedicated Allied Tank Destroyers, SU-85's and Jacksons are so bad and are countered by varsatile, strong tanks that are supposed to be countered by the dedicate Tank destroyers. Jacksons and SU-85's are not able to make use of their extra range due to blitzkrieg closing the distance far too easily and then just 1v1'ing the tank destroyer and then driving away.

On top of the insane engage potential, Blitzkrieg and especially combined with Panzer Tactician are just completely get out of jail free cards that does nothing other than to promote and reward bad, unskillful play. Axis armour is already have so much more health, armour, versatility and versing inferior Allied AT. There is no reason why the heavy Axis tanks need Blitzkreig. It's silly on Panzer IV's, let alone Panthers Tigers and King Tigers. The state of balance and dynamic would be so much better if Blitzkrieg just didn't even exist. It's not like Soviet tanks actually get any kind of bonus at vet1.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS