Login

russian armor

Adding initial cooldown to Sws HT and Dodge at 0CP

29 Sep 2014, 16:08 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Title. Basically delay the initial truck to 100-140s and move the Dodge to 0CP but putting it in cooldown after unlocking it with a similar timer.

Why that frame of time?
I quickly estimate this is the time you get your 4th unit as OKW (1st SP, 3 Volks/Kubel) and regarding the Dodge, the time an M3 might arrive.

29 Sep 2014, 16:14 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I think you should not make one thread to discuss two topics, the discussion is already impossible to keep coherent as it is.

The truck delay idea been mentioned before anyway and yes that is definitely a good solution.

I would like 0CP dodge back but adding some cooldown I think is not the best solution for this unit. It is not very elegant, just some bandaid fix that does not feel right with how the rest of the game works. I think its better to tweak its performance somehow. Maybe give it some huge buffs to armor and HP so its actually good at 1CP? :D
29 Sep 2014, 16:16 PM

Permanently Banned
You speak blasphemy, there may only be one unit USF can have in early game, Riflemen, lest the river of Axis tears flows once again. So let it be written, so let it be done.
29 Sep 2014, 16:24 PM

I'm not sure about the truck delay, it would help the current situation but I'd rather they just removed the ability to push/damage buildings. This would still keep the ability for OKW to do stuff like an early med truck, which I'm fine with.

The Dodge is a way more tricky situation. As we've seen in the past with the M3 and now the Kubel, light vehicles available from the start of the game are extremely tricky to balance, and no fun for anyone in the process. Remember how it took for the M3 to hit the sweet spot? I think the Dodge is just a bit too good for 0 CP, and nerfing it would just make it useless. It is a 20 fuel unit after all, and needs to be worth the cost. Frankly, I'd rather the Mechanized Company was reworked to make it more about mid-game light vehicle play, but that's probably a fantasy.
29 Sep 2014, 16:27 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Yes, I think some massive buffs to dodge and M3 performance would be more fun than making them come too early. Why everything in US arsenal has to explode in two shots?
29 Sep 2014, 16:30 PM

Just make sws slow as s***, problem solved.
29 Sep 2014, 16:49 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Why not binding the SWS to tech? Make it a unit build from the HQ for little fuel and manpower, but reducing the cost for setting up. Additionally you add a delay for the first truck to prevent pushing. As a result people will be more careful with them.
29 Sep 2014, 16:54 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2014, 16:49 PMluvnest
Why not binding the SWS to tech? Make it a unit build from the HQ for little fuel and manpower, but reducing the cost for setting up. Additionally you add a delay for the first truck to prevent pushing. As a result people will be more careful with them.

Also a good idea but since relic take sooooo long with changes even if they make sense maybe its better to suggest the 'quick fix' :D
29 Sep 2014, 17:06 PM

Reasonable idea, makes all the sense, removes axis cheeze.

All three principles of "never to be implemented" are being met.
29 Sep 2014, 17:07 PM

Hell no, sometimes I go for *fast medic HQ* in maps like semosiky or Moscow (usually my third unit is tech)
29 Sep 2014, 17:09 PM

Hell no, sometimes I go for *fast medic HQ* in maps like semosiky or Moscow (usually my third unit is tech)

Oh no! Does that mean you would have to make a DECISION with a CONSEQUENCE as AXIS?

We can't have that!
29 Sep 2014, 17:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2014, 17:09 PMKatitof

Oh no! Does that mean you would have to make a DECISION with a CONSEQUENCE as AXIS?

We can't have that!

Of course we cant have that, thats why Im complaining to not doing this solution... did..you... understand now or shall I make you a croquis? :snfAmi:
29 Sep 2014, 18:36 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

But i won't be able to sacrifice my trucks whenever i don't want to tech :(

Makes too much sense and i wonder if it would be ever implemented.
30 Sep 2014, 05:30 AM

Friendly reminder that the fact that OKW can sacrifice a free sWs every 140 seconds for 5 fuel makes them insanely overpowered, because that's equivalent to an additional 2.14 fuel per minute that makes the KT comes about 25 seconds faster.
30 Sep 2014, 05:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2014, 05:30 AMtengen
Friendly reminder that the fact that OKW can sacrifice a free sWs every 140 seconds for 5 fuel makes them insanely overpowered, because that's equivalent to an additional 2.14 fuel per minute that makes the KT comes about 25 seconds faster.

25 seconds OMG SO OP!!!! NERF!!!!

So easy to salvage a truck on the frontline every 140 seconds with that 8x increased damage or whatever. You might also want to use them a few times too.... so 15 less fuel there.
30 Sep 2014, 11:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2014, 17:09 PMKatitof

We can't have that!

The truck does need to come a bit later but not 90s. And Kronosaurus is right for wanting the option for early truck set-down.

Imagine if someone was asking for Soviet T1/T2 to be buildable only after 90s. And you said "no, I want options" and somebody shouted at you "ermahgerd, you no like decisions and conserquernces!?"

C'mon...

30 Sep 2014, 11:35 AM

Is that the truck that used to crush infantry and then they "repaired" it to only draw fire from AssaultPioneers and Move Allied infantry out of cover?...
30 Sep 2014, 12:05 PM

The truck does need to come a bit later but not 90s. And Kronosaurus is right for wanting the option for early truck set-down.

Imagine if someone was asking for Soviet T1/T2 to be buildable only after 90s. And you said "no, I want options" and somebody shouted at you "ermahgerd, you no like decisions and conserquernces!?"

C'mon...

Will it be enlightening to you if I say you that soviet T1/T2 WERE being build for 90sec-120sec for 6 months?

Make the truck as slow as coh1 brit trucks(enough mobility to get where it needs to go, not enough for it to have any relevant combat use), keep it free but make it buildable from HQ for X amount of time so it doesn't arrive instantly but still forces you to choose-more units or fast tech, make it arrive after 90 sec.

The ideas are many and its not like OKW starts with enough fuel to instantly get the truck going, so we have even LESS of a reason to keep the first one arriving so early.

As it is now its simply a free unit with limited, but still meaningful combat potency that can take down inconvenient garrisons and push infantry out of cover for kubel/pios/volks to pick off.
30 Sep 2014, 13:36 PM

Permanently Banned
dodge needs a fuel reduction in price.

Mabey i read incorretly, but doesnt that mean the dodge can easily kill okw trucks?
30 Sep 2014, 13:52 PM
Benefactor 115

make the truck move at 20% speed when it receives fire
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment