Login

russian armor

USF .50 HMG could use an improvement

28 Sep 2014, 00:44 AM

Give US something else than rifles at the start. Nondoctrinal ofc. Please relic :guyokay:
28 Sep 2014, 00:56 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Sep 2014, 23:23 PMJohnnyB
There's nothing wrong with this HMG except it doesn't come from the right building (tier). I don't know about you, but I don't want another maxim. Nobody mentioned how quickly it supresses. Far quicker than Mg42 and I think it supresses faster than maxim too, that's why it doesn't need any buff. Hell, it even kills fast enough so its cost is also justified.

I feel you greatly exaggerate the potential for such a fragile unit to become another maxim (and US has rifles anyway).

Regardless, a t0 m2 would be a good counter to the kubel and aggressive cqc infantry play. That used to be what rear echelon were for, but apparently it's illegal to make cooks effective in combat.
Vaz
28 Sep 2014, 02:16 AM

JohnnyB seems to come trolling every thread regarding allied improvements. I wonder would he be opposed to knocking the king tiger frontal armor up 50 points? The .50 is the shittiest suppressor of all the hmg's. It's not mobile enough to do what the maxim does either. I've been left in disbelief time after time of the .50 failing head on assaults where any other hmg allied or axis would not fail. I notice it most with falls. I had one game where this guy was attacking my .50 head on with 2 falls (not separated) and they would wreck it. Didn't even need grenades. It's also very common that squads move past this gun with the entire first burst not causing suppression.

This gun can stay the same, it's still useful, just make it cheap like 220 or 200. That's about what it's worth the way it is right now.

Cruzz I think your idea is fantastic. It hits multiple problem points and the USF desperately needs a proper mortar. The pak howitzer is a very poor performer and it's expensive. Being forced to pay 40 fuel for doctrinal mortar sucks and I never get that truck.
28 Sep 2014, 08:21 AM

I agree wat cruzz said on hmg. usa don't need a mortor if they would buff pack howi.
28 Sep 2014, 08:30 AM

Give US something else than rifles at the start. Nondoctrinal ofc. Please relic :guyokay:

They had something.
It was doctrinal.
River of axis tears have flooded it at 1CP together with other nerfs.

USF can't have anything other at T0, because axis won't allow it, remember that if it doesn't favor axis, it can't be added(yes, I'm looking like tinfoil hat user, but come on, look at all the changes since WFA).
28 Sep 2014, 09:38 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

you can use them as low risk minesweeper, as long as you repair it :D
[twitch=sarantini]chapter_id=5197574[/twitch]
28 Sep 2014, 11:21 AM

I feel you greatly exaggerate the potential for such a fragile unit to become another maxim (and US has rifles anyway).

I don't think I'm exagerating when I am saying that this HMG is suppressing almost instantly, that it has good damage and that the supression area is not bad at all, it can supress more than just one squad and quickly.
28 Sep 2014, 13:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2014, 11:21 AMJohnnyB

I don't think I'm exagerating when I am saying that this HMG is suppressing almost instantly, that it has good damage and that the supression area is not bad at all, it can supress more than just one squad and quickly.

As you don't play the US, you have no idea how this MG works. I can't agree with the OP that it's got bad suppression/killing power (although at long range, it completely looses any suppressing power, might need to be buffed), but i have to agree that it's pretty expensive and comes VERY late. 280 MP for a slighty buffed Maxim with only 4 guys as well as a late appearance on the battlefield isn't very appealing.
28 Sep 2014, 13:41 PM

As you don't play the US, you have no idea how this MG works. I can't agree with the OP that it's got bad suppression/killing power (although at long range, it completely looses any suppressing power, might need to be buffed), but i have to agree that it's pretty expensive and comes VERY late. 280 MP for a slighty buffed Maxim with only 4 guys as well as a late appearance on the battlefield isn't very appealing.

I don't get you. First, you tell me that I wouldn't possibly know how this HMG works because I don't play with USF. Then, you say that it has "not bad supression/killing power" which is exactly what I said too.

@Vaz - I am not trolling. You are to in a hurry to condemn me instead reading what I actualy wrote. I din't say that HMG is ok, because it doesn't come in the tier it should. But its stats are ok.
Vaz
28 Sep 2014, 18:34 PM

I'm sorry I can't take you serious. I have known people that clown around a lot and then you never really know when they are telling the truth or still clowning, because what they say are funny either way.

Speaking of funny, I've been paying more attention to this unit and building it even more often, and it's hilariously bad. A pak40 destroyed it in one game. Napalm is right too, I can't get the crew not even the main gun in cover ever. For such a decent weapon my axis opponents never pick it up when decrewed, why is that? Worst HMG in the game with the highest price.
28 Sep 2014, 18:44 PM

cant agree more vaz, ive been using it to and it just makes me mad how fragile and weak this unit is. units this hmg attacks get yellow pinned after 2-3 shots. and red pinn after like 8 bursts. which gets me mad. sometimes it don't even red suppress. and will start reloading
Vaz
28 Sep 2014, 18:47 PM

Now that you mention it, I also can't recall ever pinning any troops. The only time is I have an AAHT helping out, lol.
28 Sep 2014, 18:51 PM

.50 cal got moving pattern of maxim instead of MG42.

Apparently relic believes it have wheeled cart :snfPeter:
28 Sep 2014, 18:57 PM

yea foreal. if u got 2 hmgs attacking one unit u could red pinn after 4 bursts each lol
28 Sep 2014, 19:03 PM

Never understood why the US doesn't get a proper mortar team. Instead you get a really expensive metal rod that shoots exploding silly puddy on T2.

OT: Cost decrease to 240, T0 placement. Done.
28 Sep 2014, 19:57 PM

Permanently Banned
I guess I'll be the one to ask it then, how would this be balanced at all? Forgive me if I am wrong but the m2 does more damage, and suppression than the mg42, and maxim. Riflemen possess smoke and american early game is already good. What would be able to stop the best core inf in the game combined with the best machine gun team in the game right from the start? I've read in a few places that I am not the only one that thinks the 50 cal is the best mg. Americans would be able to just shut out axis like axis could with kubels. And before you fanboys start saying "It deserves to be that way cuz kubels were OP" let me tell you making something imbalanced for the other faction does nothing but satisfy your childish spite.
Vaz
28 Sep 2014, 22:32 PM

That sounds like evening the odds. I can't understand for the life of me why some of the axis only players here can't bear to have a fair fight. Almost every single one of you hides player card. Those who don't have these horrible allied ratio, yet regardless of only losing, still feel axis is not strong enough.
28 Sep 2014, 22:58 PM

I guess I'll be the one to ask it then, how would this be balanced at all? Forgive me if I am wrong but the m2 does more damage, and suppression than the mg42, and maxim. Riflemen possess smoke and american early game is already good. What would be able to stop the best core inf in the game combined with the best machine gun team in the game right from the start? I've read in a few places that I am not the only one that thinks the 50 cal is the best mg. Americans would be able to just shut out axis like axis could with kubels. And before you fanboys start saying "It deserves to be that way cuz kubels were OP" let me tell you making something imbalanced for the other faction does nothing but satisfy your childish spite.

Well, first OKW since this is the easiest part.

OKW would still have the kubel, which already outperforms the .50. Easily. Not to mention you could flank the .50 and probably kill half of the crew with the kubel before it even turned to face you.

OKW still has grenades from the start to deal with MGs. A 4 man squad vs ONE Volks grenade. Try it out a couple times. Tell me how that works. Watch .50 cals become obsolete against any number of OKW elite infantry call ins from buildings with incredible grenades. MG Occupied buildings suffer critical existence failure at 2CP. Not to mention sturmpioneer flanks at early game, Pumas, etc. Lack of an ammo switch to incendiary/AP rounds for the MG crew mean a quick death to anything heavier than a Kubel. Allies still lack plenty of early game AT unless wasting fuel to tech to bazooka.

For Wehr, rifle grenade could clear the entire crew or 3/4s of it. 2 LMG grens focus firing would keep the gun empty and take the crew out model by model. Fast scout car. And while riflemen do well against Grens early on, the advantage starts tipping into Grenadier favor the longer the game goes all. All that has to happen is vetting and stalling until Scout Car and you're doing just fine against a T0 .50cal build with rifle support.

If you think the .50cal is the best MG in the game by any stretch of the imagination, you are insane and so are the other people who agree with you.

28 Sep 2014, 23:15 PM

First off, the US early game is shit, no variety and easily countered. Secondly, adding another unit to the barracks would help spice things up with the US. While I don't think an mg would be a good unit to add to the barracks, I doubt it would overpowered.
29 Sep 2014, 01:19 AM

Permanently Banned
I watch quite a bit of replays, and play a good number of 2v2s and I would say the only problem would be the kubel can start suppressing too quickly and the puma needs a cost increase to 80 fuel. Other than that, its entirely L2P, the U.S. early game is by far the best if okw doesn't use the cheese that has been yet to be fixed. BTW stop thinking US only faces okw, think about what this would do to US vs ostheer early game, that shit just got balanced.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★