Login

russian armor

Don't mess with MG42

• This thread is locked
24 Sep 2014, 18:24 PM

That. And also the long reload timer when the AP rounds are loaded in.

Not to mention the Vet. Nor the HT support. Nor the 222 hovering around.

For sure, the AP rounds are powerful vs lights, but they certainly pay for it in reload time and Muni cost.

15muni for huge penetration boost and 100% dmg bonus.

Compared to DSHK 25muni for penetration boost only that gives it away by hovering a huge icon over its head.
I've seen HMG42 and 34 kill with one-two bursts everything below T-70/stuart.

I have yet to see DSHK bring down to 50% 222 in 2 bursts.

I don't think incendiary ammo are op, they are fine, its DSHK that is severely underpowered despite being most expensive and most worthless HMG in game.
24 Sep 2014, 18:45 PM

I like how the MG fired such a tiny initial burst before pausing to give the player a chance to react before finishing it off.

I dont know why it did that, but from that initial small burst to the end of the second burst at which the ht was destroyed there was exactly 4 seconds. There was simply no time for that player to react and get out.

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2014, 18:21 PMBurts
I don't see a problem here.

However, i wish DSHK AP rounds could do the same

Why did u think there would be a problem, or do you mean the trolls trolling? That's in every thread.
24 Sep 2014, 19:40 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

See:
http://www.coh2.org/topic/24602/don-t-mess-with-mg42/post/221193
and
http://www.coh2.org/topic/24602/don-t-mess-with-mg42/post/221056

See and read again.
http://www.coh2.org/topic/24602/don-t-mess-with-mg42/post/221319.

Regarding your 2nd post, i'm not stating by any chance that the video is wrong or showing OPness of MG42. The unit is fine and like any other MG would like to see a remanning of the MG a bit faster and some other features (such as being able to set a particular window to fire from and manual reload).

Since it seems it is a bit difficult for you to understand i would say it again:
-It is WORTH the risk of reloading to use the incendiary munition since the performance increases by a LOT. Double DPS and chance to pen med vehicles and kill easily light vehicles or finish off light tanks.
-The difference on performance is not appreciable when using the DHSKA, therefore you are just as well not using the ability. The time spent reloading is far way more useful spent on keep shooting at it's target.
-We are not discussing unit performance rather than vet ability performance, therefore your post is useless

Penetration 2.5/2.0/1.5
APR provides 3x penetration 7,5/6/4.5
NO increase on DPS.

vs
Penetration 2.2/1.8/1.4
IR 19.8/16.2/12.6
Double damage from 4 to 8/10* (Dhska is 10)
Therefore dps is double both against infantry and light vehicles.

*The AI graph shows 8 but the AT part shows 10

PD: keep trying...
24 Sep 2014, 19:56 PM

See and read again.
http://www.coh2.org/topic/24602/don-t-mess-with-mg42/post/221319.

Regarding your 2nd post, i'm not stating by any chance that the video is wrong or showing OPness of MG42. The unit is fine and like any other MG would like to see a remanning of the MG a bit faster and some other features (such as being able to set a particular window to fire from and manual reload).

Since it seems it is a bit difficult for you to understand i would say it again:
-It is WORTH the risk of reloading to use the incendiary munition since the performance increases by a LOT. Double DPS and chance to pen med vehicles and kill easily light vehicles or finish off light tanks.
-The difference on performance is not appreciable when using the DHSKA, therefore you are just as well not using the ability. The time spent reloading is far way more useful spent on keep shooting at it's target.
-We are not discussing unit performance rather than vet ability performance, therefore your post is useless

dude! it took u all of this to reach this conclusion that we already know!!

Penetration 2.5/2.0/1.5
APR provides 3x penetration 7,5/6/4.5
NO increase on DPS.

vs
Penetration 2.2/1.8/1.4
IR 19.8/16.2/12.6
Double damage from 4 to 8/10* (Dhska is 10)
Therefore dps is double both against infantry and light vehicles.

*The AI graph shows 8 but the AT part shows 10

PD: keep trying...
24 Sep 2014, 23:55 PM

i never realized the piercing rounds would take out a light vehicle in one single burst. thats nuts.
25 Sep 2014, 01:05 AM
Honorary Member Badge

I've taken a Tiger out with just an MG42

It took a long time...
25 Sep 2014, 10:02 AM

So Armour piercing rounds taking out a halftrack. Nothing special, working as intended.

I always liked the graphical effects of this ability. Would look great on a night map.
25 Sep 2014, 11:36 AM

Ehm.

It suppresses faster than MG42, has better penetration, better accuracy, and does more damage.

http://www.coh2-stats.com/small_arms/hmg_team_mg42_mp
http://www.coh2-stats.com/small_arms/dshk_38_sokolov_mp

Which in my experience tends to count for nothing as it's constant retreat bugs and narrow arc of fire is so easily out flanked it may as well not be there at all.
26 Oct 2014, 05:38 AM
Senior Editor Badge

I don't think the MG42 AP rounds need to be changed. With team weapons bug(s) being fixed in the Oct. 30th patch, it should be even easier to gain/keep vet on the MG42. I think it's balanced. It's relatively easy to not die from the MG42 bursts if your vehicle is at full health. The reload time at the beginning - in this instance - was negated because the Ostheer player anticipated the AA HT moving into the MGs range.
I often use the MG AP rounds against tanks, just to increase the chance of destroying it. If you're firing at the flank of a medium vehicle, it works even better. Against heavies it's more or less useless at any angle.
MG42 is the best MG in the game.
Even though it'll lose to Maxim (which is actually ridiculous... MGs fire when they're pinned?!) It's good against light/medium armor; no other MG is as effective.
11 Feb 2018, 21:15 PM

AA halftrack got really low hp, it dies to two AT shots.
11 Feb 2018, 21:19 PM
Donator 11

AA halftrack got really low hp, it dies to two AT shots.

What is with all that necromancy cult recently? It's not only hector, seems like everybody started to do that. :huhsign:
15 Feb 2018, 10:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2014, 13:30 PMKatitof
Makes everyone who have seen DSHK AP ammo in action cry.

No.
15 Feb 2018, 10:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2014, 18:24 PMKatitof

15muni for huge penetration boost and 100% dmg bonus.

Compared to DSHK 25muni for penetration boost only that gives it away by hovering a huge icon over its head.
I've seen HMG42 and 34 kill with one-two bursts everything below T-70/stuart.

I have yet to see DSHK bring down to 50% 222 in 2 bursts.

I don't think incendiary ammo are op, they are fine, its DSHK that is severely underpowered despite being most expensive and most worthless HMG in game.

This isn't a comparison thread of those two HMG's. You shouldn't be comparing them in a vacuum anyway, doesn't work like that.

It's flawed logic to suggest that because HMG 42 inc rounds are decent, that DSHK pen boost has to be just as good. I don't know why I am wasting my breath trying to explain this to you though.
15 Feb 2018, 10:16 AM

This isn't a comparison thread of those two HMG's. You shouldn't be comparing them in a vacuum anyway, doesn't work like that.

It's flawed logic to suggest that because HMG 42 inc rounds are decent, that DSHK pen boost has to be just as good. I don't know why I am wasting my breath trying to explain this to you though.

You do realize you are replying to a thread from 2014, right?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 26
Germany 19
United States 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %