Login

russian armor

Fix Mein Kübelwagen!

24 Sep 2014, 14:42 PM

Just had my first experience with rifles being suppressed by a reversing kubel, it was less than fun. But my riflemens' biggest enemy when fighting kubels has to be their own damn AT nade, which seems to bug out half of the time and has such an unclear animation I have no clue if my rifles are actually launching it until I see a crit appear. Plus the vet requirement, so even when I get a squad in a perfect flanking position I can't snare the kubel unless they've been blessed with vet.

Honestly though I'd probably be fine with the kubel as-is if it were more susceptible to small arms fire at 0 vet. Flanks usually are not rewarded enough and careless kubel play is not punished enough.

Can't speak for Soviet counters because I haven't touched them since guards became (more of) a joke but I doubt they're much better off.
24 Sep 2014, 15:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2014, 08:31 AMJaigen

in short your not willing to adept. the counters to the m3/dodge early game has always been the shrek. perhaps you should do the same.

Are you really going ''l2p'' on a guy that's top 10 in every single faction, while not displaying your own playercard?

I mean, I knew you were biased, but jeez, at least pretend not to be or something.
24 Sep 2014, 15:18 PM

This balance suggestion is out of meinkampfortzone
24 Sep 2014, 15:23 PM

How about the Kübel would leave untouched (or minor tweaks) and USF Riflemen would have smoke ability OOTB. So it wouldn't require gren update. That would make flanks easier for sure.
24 Sep 2014, 15:28 PM

Are you really going ''l2p'' on a guy that's top 10 in every single faction, while not displaying your own playercard?

I mean, I knew you were biased, but jeez, at least pretend not to be or something.

That means he has to much time at his hands. but your own idiotic standard you are not allowed to discuss balance because only elite player are apparently allowed to do so. use the zooka's or not your choice but im done talking about it.
24 Sep 2014, 15:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2014, 15:23 PMFlamee
How about the Kübel would leave untouched (or minor tweaks) and USF Riflemen would have smoke ability OOTB. So it wouldn't require gren update. That would make flanks easier for sure.

I'd rather see AT 'nades come standard with the Rifleman grenade package, instead of vet1
24 Sep 2014, 15:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2014, 15:28 PMJaigen

That means he has to much time at his hands. but your own idiotic standard you are not allowed to discuss balance because only elite player are apparently allowed to do so. use the zooka's or not your choice but im done talking about it.
¸

Lol, too much time on your hands. You could play ten thousand games in 1v1 and still be rock bottom if you suck.

The point is not that you can't discuss balance. The point is that, if you pull the ''l2p'' or ''adapt'' card while doing so, you'd better have a decent record to back your words up. Since you don't even show your playercard, it comes across as a teenager trying to explain to Tiger Woods how to play golf, and thus is impossible to take seriously.

And for the last time, zookas suck. They cost fuel to unlock and have horrible accuracy, especially against the smallest target size in the game.
24 Sep 2014, 15:42 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

It should not suppress on the move, and it should have some small setup/teardown. Whether through some ability toggle does not really matter, that is more a UI/UX decision than a balance one.

I think these small changes will make it very good for chasing sniper and wounded squads but it won't be insta win anymore.
24 Sep 2014, 15:43 PM

People that don't post their playercard should just be banned from any and all balance discussions.
24 Sep 2014, 16:23 PM

^lolz, and this is why you kids must not let everyone be mod/admin
24 Sep 2014, 16:53 PM

How about a decrease in acceleration instead of a set-up, tear-down.

This way, you allow the unit to maintain some fluidity to its movement and still reward player micro but force a more defensive position.
24 Sep 2014, 16:58 PM

Add a cost of 5 fuel, maybe slight suppression nerf. That will make it balanced imo.
24 Sep 2014, 17:20 PM

I really don't want to see a tear down time; it didn't work on the flak ht and it would be annoying on the Kubel. Maybe a toggle suppression mode button that takes 2-3 seconds to deploy would be good
24 Sep 2014, 17:22 PM

I believe the problem with the Kubel is not so much how effective it is, but how good it can be Vs a certain faction. Soviets Vs. a Kubel strategy isn't hard to beat when you can get m3s, mines, and maxims. However, USF Vs. a Kubel strategy is a massive pain in the arse when all you have are riflemen and REs until the 5-6 minute mark. So, it might be better to give the Kubel, say, a slower rotation rate and shorter area of suppression(That way it's still an effective suppression tool, but being able to flank it wont be as difficult), or we could change the amount of time needed for suppression to activate.
24 Sep 2014, 17:59 PM

Proposition:

Make the suppression an ability vet1 that cost 30 munitions and last 10 sec with a 30 sec recharge. Keep the Kubel stats as they are (but remove the passive suppression ability while moving!).
I guess the kubel will still vet enough fast with his stats.

Two problems solved in one: a new munition sink that is purely AI for OKW so they have to decide were to use their ammo and it can't be spam anymore.
24 Sep 2014, 18:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2014, 17:59 PMEsxile
Proposition:

Make the suppression an ability vet1 that cost 30 munitions and last 10 sec with a 30 sec recharge. Keep the Kubel stats as they are (but remove the passive suppression ability while moving!).
I guess the kubel will still vet enough fast with his stats.

Two problems solved in one: a new munition sink that is purely AI for OKW so they have to decide were to use their ammo and it can't be spam anymore.

No offense but I don't think that's be fair at all. 30 munis for 10 seconds of suppression would be crap. Okw need an early suppression unit, the Kubel is just too good at both suppressing and staying alive atm. A setup suppression toggle where it can't fire while setting up would at least make it make it vulnerable when responding to situations.
24 Sep 2014, 18:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2014, 17:22 PMVonIvan
I believe the problem with the Kubel is not so much how effective it is, but how good it can be Vs a certain faction. Soviets Vs. a Kubel strategy isn't hard to beat when you can get m3s, mines, and maxims. However, USF Vs. a Kubel strategy is a massive pain in the arse when all you have are riflemen and REs until the 5-6 minute mark. So, it might be better to give the Kubel, say, a slower rotation rate and shorter area of suppression(That way it's still an effective suppression tool, but being able to flank it wont be as difficult), or we could change the amount of time needed for suppression to activate.

If the problem is not the kubel or the soviets to ability to counter the kubel then the problem is with the us. perhaps they should get zook's from the start without fuel cost.
24 Sep 2014, 18:18 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2014, 18:12 PMJaigen

If the problem is not the kubel or the soviets to ability to counter the kubel then the problem is with the us. perhaps they should get zook's from the start without cost.

Free bazookas?! You mean no munitions cost right? Because saving up 60 munitions before the kubel locks you in your base is pretty much impossible.
24 Sep 2014, 18:25 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2014, 15:28 PMJaigen

No, people who should be able to talk about balance are the ones who UNDERSTAND how the game works, being able to put that in practice is another subject.
From your posts it seems you don't, and you are discussing a "strat" which don't work to someone who has already try and figure it out what works or not by putting it out on practice.

Supression: as someone has already suggested, what about increasing the time it takes to start to "heavily" supress?
Because either the MG by itself has the capability of supressing without being static, or a small amount of supression and then normal MG has the chance to do so, and/or the icon doesn't pop up correctly at the time the Kubel starts supression and/or theres a bug.
24 Sep 2014, 18:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2014, 18:06 PMEnkidu

No offense but I don't think that's be fair at all. 30 munis for 10 seconds of suppression would be crap. Okw need an early suppression unit, the Kubel is just too good at both suppressing and staying alive atm. A setup suppression toggle where it can't fire while setting up would at least make it make it vulnerable when responding to situations.

Why do they need an early suppressive platform? 30 muni for 10 or 15 or 20 sec, I'm not a balance expert is a cost for that need. And it's perfect because it's delay shrecks. The same way any upgrade other factions need early game. You want it, you need it, you pay for it and you better use it well because it delay what you could need mid game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★