Login

russian armor

Just some stats

16 Sep 2014, 20:47 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I didn't say I am good at 1v1, I don't even play it. (Because I have friends lol)
I mentioned it for comparison with milka, for telling me to l2p.

Talking about toxicity....

Another fact to the l2p issue: Prepatch i was nr. 7 in 2v2 w/l wise. I once played against your super high skill 1v1 masters, Jove and opened him like nothing. But enough of that.

Please don't Spearhead. Please?

If you play random 4 v4, you may be really good at that 4v4 game - or sometimes, your teammates may carry you - the reason why 1 v 1 is chosen as the primary balance, is that you either play it well, or you do not succeed. Ofc, you can blame a loss on a map, or wrong choice of Commander also, but ultimately the responsibility to win, or lose is yours, and yours alone. And that is why 1v1 or to a lesser extent, 2v2 is a trusted way of testing things.

16 Sep 2014, 20:49 PM

Edit: After reviewing Spearhead's playing card, I question the integrity of my above post.

See what I mean ? ;)

And let me make it clear that I heavily play 3s and 4s. I really do enjoy them. However, trickle up balance is really the only way the game can be balanced. At the end of the day, 1s and 2s are important competitively, and sometimes amazing 1v1 and 2v2 patches can fuck up team games which is unfortunate. CoH 2 might be in the worst balance era since launch, but its not because it isn't being worked on, its because of how destabilizing the large changes being made are.

Basically, since the weapon profiles patch, the game is enivtably going to have an extremely long road ahead of it for balance, but every patch adds or works towards new mechanics that in the long run will improve coh 2. Think about pathfinders and the new JLI. Its a cool mechanic with the headshot crits, and it turned the JLI into a cheesy high DPS partisan unit, into something that requires more planning (but also gets lol nades). It still isn't perfect, but its working toward an eventual greater state of balance.

16 Sep 2014, 20:49 PM

Besides that I never told you to L2P. I said it's a skill issue, a L2P issue. Allies can win 4v4 just like Axis can, but you need pass a certain skill level to be able to micro the Allied tanks and units.

I disagree. Even if allied tanks were on par with the axis ones (and they aren't), the high number of AT infantry units that axis factions can deploy makes much more harder for allies to win.

As 4vs4 is a gamemode won by spamming tanks, axis have the upper hand in this mode because all their AT units are way better than allied's. Better micro than your enemies can win the game in the early/midgame, but once reached lategame allies are fucked up unless your enemies were much worse than you.
16 Sep 2014, 20:50 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Angry,disrespectful post invised

Please keep it clean :)
16 Sep 2014, 20:52 PM

Why all the hate for those who are dissatisfied??

If you think there is nothing wrong with the game then the problem is probably with those of us deleting the game. You should be saying goodbye and good riddance.

But a players perceptions are 100% of their truth.

You think it is foolish of us to unsub because the game isn't balanced (or even close) in 4v4 or 3v3? You don't get to make that choice. And clearly you have failed to convince those who are that they are wrong... that they should play... or that they should stick around for something.

You can even have it your way and I can admit you are right. The game is perfectly balanced. It is the greatest and most fun RTS to ever created and ever TO BE created. There is nothing to fix and no subsequent patch will ever lead to a more perfect game than we have right now.... But doesn't change that I am not having fun. The direction is, for me, the wrong one, and I don't seem to be alone.

(sheesh, the vehemence of the push back now that people are leaving is pretty astounding.)
16 Sep 2014, 20:56 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2014, 20:49 PMGreeb

I disagree. Even is allied tanks were on par with the axis ones (and they aren't), the high number of AT infantry units that axis factions can deploy makes much more harder for allies to win.

As 4vs4 is a gamemode won by spamming tanks, axis have the upper hand in this mode because all their AT units are way better than allied's. Better micro than your enemies can win the game in the early/midgame, but once reached lategame allies are fucked up unless your enemies were much worse than you.

Simply, and without in any way wishing to wound, 4v4 is currently casual - ofc , some take it to far farther intense levels, and it would be neat if relic could balance , say, 3v3 or 4v4 differently, but unless and until they consciously do, balance testing lies on 1v1 and 2v2 - and ever has done so. (Scheldters doubtless gave this premiss a certain reassurance)
16 Sep 2014, 20:59 PM

If you actually wanted to IMPROVE the game like you stated, you should always test playing all factions / sides. You need to know what's OP and exactly why and you only get that by using it and having it used against you. With that you could've gone to the forums and made a thread with proof, as in replays and such.

He might have raged... but the above quote shows a bit of what is wrong with this discussion. People don't have to show what is wrong. They don't have to prove one unit is OP or another is underperforming. They only have to know that they are dissatisfied with the game.

Most of us aren't developers. We play to have fun (whether that means on a competitive level or not). I stayed in hopes that the ideal for the game was more of the imperfect balance of COH1 where you had a hope of being competitive in all modes and on most maps. That just isn't the case with COH2 and the fan discussion here tells me that what I want doesn't matter to them and shouldn't matter to me. Except you don't get to decide that. Only I do.

Maybe one day they will fix the issues with playing allies. I will probably stay on the forums to see if that happens. But I am just not drawn to playing the game anymore, and with it being deleted it will be time prohibitive (full download) to join my friends if they ever invite me. That is unlikely. I have noticed most now play COH1 more than COH2.
16 Sep 2014, 21:03 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2014, 20:52 PMAvNY

If you think there is nothing wrong with the game then the problem is probably with those of us deleting the game. You should be saying goodbye and good riddance.

You think it is foolish of us to unsub because the game isn't balanced (or even close) in 4v4 or 3v3? You don't get to make that choice. And clearly you have failed to convince those who are that they are wrong... that they should play... or that they should stick around for something.

You can even have it your way and I can admit you are right. The game is perfectly balanced. It is the greatest and most fun RTS to ever created and ever TO BE created. There is nothing to fix and no subsequent patch will ever lead to a more perfect game than we have right now.... But doesn't change that I am not having fun. The direction is, for me, the wrong one, and I don't seem to be alone.

(sheesh, the vehemence of the push back now that people are leaving is pretty astounding.)

Not sure who your post is aimed at - but I will take the hit, bcs I do sympathise with what you write: in the Devs position, I would be looking very hard at why people stop playing, and trying to analyse why they make their decisions. Personally, I think this game is far from balanced - but that is just my one PoV - there is a lot left to be done, and I think (clearly subjectively) much will be done.. but it would be neat if with their new super server, they could somehow split 1v1 and 2v2 from the other match-ups
16 Sep 2014, 21:03 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2014, 20:46 PMNapalm
The players who bought this game do. You are writing off 8 customers with that attitude.

Some players do care about their 4v4 rank, but there are so few teams playing 4v4 AT regularly that the ladders are not a very meaningful indication of anything. I don't like how people translate this by saying "nobody cares" about 4v4 rank at all. Especially since it seems to imply that nobody cares about 4v4 balance, which is absurd.

That being said, it's much easier to obtain a high 4v4 rank than a high 1v1 rank, or 2v2 AT rank. As a result, those ranks are much more respected.

Even then, I will never really understand how the ranking system works. Why is cruzz higher than me in USF 2v2 random with a record of 18-5 and a streak of -1? Beats me.
16 Sep 2014, 21:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2014, 20:52 PMAvNY

I think there are problems with the game. Bugs, performance and balance.

Spamming the forums and insulting developers is the wrong way to handle it. You can either be constructive, trying to deepen the connection between community and developers, or you can be toxic and try to disrupt it. Do you think a developer wants to be flamed and insulted? Do you think that will make him magically work harder? All it will do is make him dissatisfied and ignore the forums more and more.

Constructive criticism is good, spam and insults aren't. This whole "Patch finally or I'll leave this game" is nothing but a cry for attention. It's been done so often, usually by a ton of people who try to find the issues with why they lost with the game, and not their self. It's easier to complain than to analyze your replay for mistakes. Being dissatisfied with the game does not magically give the developers a way to solve that. If you provide feedback they have something to fix, to make you happy. If you insult them because you are unhappy you do not say why exactly and they can't really fix anything.

Now in regards to 3v3 or 4v4 - I even said in my previous posts there are problems. I tried Relic several times to improve them. I also know how much stuff they have to do. 4v4 wants attention, 1v1 wants Obs mode and tournaments for competitive e-Sports. 2v2 wants fixes to synergy between factions. 3v3 wants new maps as usually there are 2v2 or 4v4 maps. And all want improved performance / new stuff / better balance / more community interaction. Never to forget the vs AI / SP players who tend to want new bigger / better units that feel awesome. And of course modders who want modding tools.
16 Sep 2014, 21:06 PM

This is indeed the way a majority of relic's customers feel.

No comment on the rest.

SO? I was entitled a negative critic. I made suggestions. Where are the responses to them? And how much toxicity do we have now?

If you really think that buying a game entitles you to insult devs and then expect them to listen to your suggestions, you need a reality check.
16 Sep 2014, 21:07 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Well said,Milka. Better than I ever could ;)
16 Sep 2014, 21:08 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Can we lower the temp a little, please, guys? :) Otherwise the magic invis wand appears - and I would prefer that it did not
16 Sep 2014, 21:10 PM

Please Relic. Let the comunity do one patch themselfes and then get your hands off this game forever and spare us with your incompetence. PLEASE

Deer lord please no, have mercy! I know you're upset, but don't forsaken this game to eternal damnation like that!
16 Sep 2014, 21:13 PM

16 Sep 2014, 21:15 PM

At least we have good contribution here.

Deer lord please no, have mercy! I know you're upset, but don't forsaken this game to eternal damnation like that!

I think nobody forsakes the game for loosing. Loosing is okay if the conditions are fair, losing is part of the game and necessairy in order to become better.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★