russian armor

Just some stats

16 Sep 2014, 09:47 AM

Current average 4v4 winstreaks of the top 10:

USF 3
OKW 17
SOV 4
OH 17

Please Relic. Let the comunity do one patch themselfes and then get your hands off this game forever and spare us with your incompetence. PLEASE
16 Sep 2014, 09:52 AM

Current average 4v4 winstreaks of the top 10:

USF 3
OKW 17
SOV 4
OH 17

Please Relic. Let the comunity do one patch themselfes and then get your hands off this game forever and spare us with your incompetence. PLEASE

hello arnold, the game is not optimized for 4vs4 and will never be.
16 Sep 2014, 09:56 AM

one more expert in the field of balancing of games.there is a set of examples of BALANCE in other games.
16 Sep 2014, 09:57 AM

You can't judge game balance on win ratio, win streaks etc.
16 Sep 2014, 10:01 AM

...and on 4v4 games.
16 Sep 2014, 10:18 AM

Yes pls. That will totally make it better.

16 Sep 2014, 12:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2014, 10:18 AMTrainzz

Yes pls. That will totally make it better.

In fact it probably would. Ever play any of the CoH1 mods? They were excellent. And that was from unpaid volunteers with their spare time.

They also fixed the m10 misfire bug, which Relic never ever got around to even though the source of the problem was known and there was a tiny mod that fixed it.

That you can't find allies to play against shows that Relic does a poor job. As far as stats go IT IS THE ONLY ONE THAT REALLY MATTERS.
16 Sep 2014, 12:13 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2014, 09:56 AMfaus515

one more expert in the field of balancing of games.there is a set of examples of BALANCE in other games.

Company of Heroes has very unique game mechanics which make the game enjoyable but sadly on the same time hard to balance in 1v1 and these problems (imho mainly the resource mechanics) increase with the amount of players in a given mode.
16 Sep 2014, 12:23 PM

Yo sure, let a bunch of devs wannabes fix this game. I'm sure the result will be a pleasure to play. And to anybody claiming there are OTHER balance examples out there, would you mind please giving a hint ? All other RTS games out there gave up the balance in team games, and focused only on 1v1 and 2v2 (and even then, some gave up 2v2 as well).
16 Sep 2014, 12:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2014, 12:04 PMAvNY

In fact it probably would. Ever play any of the CoH1 mods? They were excellent. And that was from unpaid volunteers with their spare time.

They also fixed the m10 misfire bug, which Relic never ever got around to even though the source of the problem was known and there was a tiny mod that fixed it.

That you can't find allies to play against shows that Relic does a poor job. As far as stats go IT IS THE ONLY ONE THAT REALLY MATTERS.

Most mods I played in vCoH were unbalanced as hell until years after release and I tried a lot. They were enjoyable for casual or vs AI play, but never even close to being balanced.

As far as I know the misfire bug is to this day unfixed, because it would require a completely different animation. What most people did was remove the wind-up time. That way it could not happen anymore that it misfires, but the actual animation was no longer in sync with the unit firing. Wind-up and wind-down times are the times that animations take and are not to be changed. I personally would've gone with a broken animation but a working unit, but in the end I can understand that they did not want to break that to fix the gameplay. Lots of people played vCoH due to the looks.

Teamgames are problematic due to the scaling. I brought it up with Relic several times and tried them to change things, but I guess they are too busy with other stuff. *sniff*

I'd say 4v4 you can easily win as Allies as well, you just need a good team composition and coordination. I find games as Allies in 4v4 more stressful, as you have to handle more units and usually units that need more attention. Axis tend to lock down with PaKs and MG42 to a degree, which require little micro. Similarly lategame the heavies and super heavies. Soviets need similar micro lategame, but more earlygame while USF needs less micro early, but more mid / lategame. Jacksons are awesome, P47 is awesome, both easily capable of taking down the heavy Axis tanks. If you do not meet those 'skill' requirements you are going to have a bad time (less now with the P47 'Finger of God' [The true 'Hand of God' was even stronger, this just pities in comparison!]).
16 Sep 2014, 12:50 PM

I nominate VetLolCake for one of lead designers (need help with remembering some other candidates) :hyper:
16 Sep 2014, 12:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2014, 12:04 PMAvNY

Those mods were not really balanced, but they were well-done. Th thing is, there were people working on it that had a clue about what they are doing. Those dev teams were really good atcreating mods and trying to balance them.

You cannot say that about 95% of the community that is actually discussing balance here.
16 Sep 2014, 13:01 PM

I nominate VetLolCake for one of lead designers (need help with remembering some other candidates) :hyper:

SSHeini, 5thsswiking, jaigen, sierra, thekingsown, ARMYguy, nightmare crush, hingie.

Honorable mention would be cannonade, but while on a good track he got a long way before him :D

I could go on like this for days, so I'll just stop here with the most radiant ones. :bananadance:

You can go and make a poll now :megusta:
16 Sep 2014, 13:07 PM
Donator 22

+1
16 Sep 2014, 13:17 PM

Nobodys asking for perfection, but the fact that the axis players are winning 25-30% more games on average is ridiculously imbalanced and deffinatley needs to be fixed in some capacity. Team games are less fun playing both factions nowdays. Before WFA Axis won mabye 5% more games than allies if that at all
16 Sep 2014, 13:36 PM

OP didnt play a single ranked axis game. And talks about balance.
16 Sep 2014, 13:58 PM

Whilst I'd like 4v4s to be balanced, to me, it's a pipedream, as always, 4v4s will always go to the side with the strongest lategame, which axis owns hands down (if not early game as well, not pointing at anybody sturmpios)
16 Sep 2014, 14:26 PM

We just want to have 4vs4 made FUN, not fully balanced. It's just not fun anymore. The balance gap is now to wide. Can you understand that ?

Allies need to have some hope of winning. But at even skill, Axis will win nearly all the time now. So nobody want to play allies.

Can you also understand that some people have bought the game for it's 4vs4 component ? That they feel robbed of their favorite game ?

I hope someone of influence will understand. (Mr. Duffy ?
16 Sep 2014, 14:33 PM

Permanently Banned
To the OP.. take the advice of the forums users. Dont encourage 4v4 balance.

Let them continue to make excuses for relic. The game wont ever be balanced, as long as relic has their army of forum members defending their poor design choices

Just leave the game, you will not get support on these forums. sadly.....
16 Sep 2014, 14:51 PM

There is nothing wrong with achieving balance in 4v4.. as long as it does not harm 1v1 balance. And there lies the problem. Unless you change balance for every mode seperately (which is kinda stupid imo), you will not be able to get to a state where all 4 modes are balanced.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 45
unknown 25
Germany 464
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %