The british faction is neither UP nor OP, it is just really stupidly designed, imo.
- You have a decent early game with IS that gain bonuses in cover (wtf? why promote defensive
and bren that is ok (until flamethrower upgrade you can almost ignore it, though, after that it is
- You have a horrible mid game, and with horrible I mean a non-existent one. Not a single unit that
having some kind of shock value in that phase of the game.
You can get:
- at guns against tanks (just a defensive measure mainly
- engineers who are basically only a liability to get because of their really bad fighting power
(you need them for mines and to repair though)
- emplacements which are just for stalling out a game and holding a part of the map (again.. wtf
- sniper, who is the only really useful unit in the whole brit midgame. Kinda worse than the OH
counterpart, but in general a good unit, just that the Brits lack the midgame to really compensate
- the AEC(?) light vehicle, which is ok for its price, just that it delays the strong phase of the
Brits, by another 85 fuel
and that is basically it for the mid game.
Late game you are suddenly strong again, because you get units that are simply overperforming (churchill croc, maybe comet, commandos, Avre) and doctrinal stuff which is highly unhealthy for game play (these large aoe off map arty strikes
All in all I think this factions needs a small buff to its early game, so that you can actually gain a lead early on, if you play it right. Then a pretty decent buff to mid game (maybe by making upgrades cheaper) so that you can actually do something in mid game other than defending until you get to late game. And then there are a lot of late game units that need to be toned down a looooooooot.
Also, why on earth do you need to have such high fuel and manpower costs on some units? All that does is promote even more defensive play so that you keep one fuel point and don't bleed too much manpower, becuase otherwise you cannot get the important units out.