Login

russian armor

The buffed Assault Engineers

16 Sep 2014, 20:50 PM

TBH I like AEs as they were. Maybe some incoming accuracy received would have helped but they had over 50DPS at close range. Thats some good good DPS for 280MP.

Cant expect too much for the same price as vanilla riflemen.

16 Sep 2014, 20:57 PM

Imo their previous incarnation was easily worth 340 - 360 manpower, and you got them for 290.
16 Sep 2014, 21:24 PM

Relic made it clear with the changes to Sturmpioneers, Assault Engineers, Assault Grenadiers, that there shouldn't be any unit that easily can wipe units on retreat in the first minutes of the game.

They could've have stayed so, but then they would've needed to increase cp and manpower cost, since the unit is designed to give another opening for the US forces that wasn't gonna happen.
Now it's again a very map dependent unit - satchels are mighty.
16 Sep 2014, 21:54 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Some posts invised by colleagues. Let's keep speaking nicely to each other, please:)
16 Sep 2014, 21:56 PM

I think the ability to plant a demo charge with a vehicle only mine on the cheap combined with much needed flamethrowers has made them a great unit as it stood. Can't tell you how many pumas I got with that combo on semosky lol.

It's great they are even better now. But before the hot fix they were kubelwagon level of silly.
16 Sep 2014, 22:32 PM
Patrion 15

They are still pretty effective at close range, they were one of my favorite units from the alpha, so now that they have at least some combat potential i'll be using them all the time. The demos alone make the unit sooo damn fun to use.
16 Sep 2014, 23:27 PM

Relic is very fast in nerfing Allies
But very slow on nerfing some OP axis stuff
(Kubelwagen vs Allie is too strong)
16 Sep 2014, 23:49 PM

They are still pretty effective at close range, they were one of my favorite units from the alpha, so now that they have at least some combat potential i'll be using them all the time. The demos alone make the unit sooo damn fun to use.

They are slightly better than Assault Grens offensively, while only having 4 men and no sprint. Not that great as a combat unit anymore imo, though demos are of course sexy.
17 Sep 2014, 00:18 AM

Relic is very fast in nerfing Allies
But very slow on nerfing some OP axis stuff
(Kubelwagen vs Allie is too strong)

Because it's easy to spot the problem with Assault Engineers, they were so good you could replace Riflemen with them, you could blob them up and run around killing anything OKW or OH could get within for first 10 minutes of the game.

The Kubel on the other hand is much more complex, it fills an ill-defined role for an army with a weak early-game and relies on powerful crutch units to get by.
17 Sep 2014, 00:24 AM

I don't understand why the kubel keeps being brought up in this thread.. there is already a thread for the kubel specifically (And yes it is op)

Assault engies are still a good early game unit, they just don't completely replace riflemen now.
17 Sep 2014, 01:12 AM

The Kubel on the other hand is much more complex, it fills an ill-defined role for an army with a weak early-game and relies on powerful crutch units to get by.
I don't think you can call OKW's early game weak anymore. They have the two strongest early game units right off the bat with no tech or fuel cost, an AT gun to deal with any early armor. Only the volks are meh, but they are more then capable of supporting the other units I mentioned well.

In fact I would say they have the best early game out of all the factions.
17 Sep 2014, 02:44 AM

I don't think you can call OKW's early game weak anymore. They have the two strongest early game units right off the bat with no tech or fuel cost, an AT gun to deal with any early armor. Only the volks are meh, but they are more then capable of supporting the other units I mentioned well.

In fact I would say they have the best early game out of all the factions.

Yeah, weak early game was true when both Volks and Kubel were so-so, but now their early game is very solid indeed, Sturms are still very good, Volks become good as soon as truck is set up and Kubel is amazing.

None of which changes the fact that AssEngies wer overpowered. Personally I'd have liked to give them some scaling by having the flamethrowere give them armor or received accuracy, at the cost of more munitions than 60 of course. As it is, they die very fast after early game. Albeit the demo is indeed good.
25 Sep 2014, 21:53 PM

So the dust has settled and folks have calmed down. What is the coles notes on this unit? I had one in green cover the other day and found them pretty decent still. What are the 'professionals' call on this unit?
25 Sep 2014, 22:35 PM

They're alright. They do slightly more DPS than Assault Grens while being less survivable.

Of course, Demo Charges are amazing.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 19
unknown 4
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %