Login

russian armor

The buffed Assault Engineers

15 Sep 2014, 20:44 PM
15 Sep 2014, 21:41 PM

20% damage nerf will be interesting to see how it effects combat.

By the way great job relic, Fast and not huge number swings. Baby steps is how balance is achieved!

It was more than 20% nerf

They nerfed each bullet by 20% and lowered close range accuracy.
15 Sep 2014, 21:56 PM

It was more than 20% nerf

They nerfed each bullet by 20% and lowered close range accuracy.

I did not say 20% DPS nerf i said 20% damage nerf.
We will see how much the accuracy effects the overall DPS in addition to 20% damage cut.
15 Sep 2014, 21:56 PM

i kinda wish they had just increased the cost to 300-320 mp and increased their call in cooldown isntead of directly nerfing their combat capabilties.
15 Sep 2014, 22:00 PM

Permanently Banned
i kinda wish they had just increased the cost to 300-320 mp and increased their call in cooldown isntead of directly nerfing their combat capabilties.

Just no. THey were machines.
15 Sep 2014, 22:01 PM

According to my calculations it should be a decrease of 32.7% DPS
(20% damage nerf with 12.7% decrease in accuracy)
Feel free to correct me if i am wrong, I just got up :/
15 Sep 2014, 22:10 PM

Just no. THey were machines.

yes, if they managed to close the distance. they have a very similar role to sturmpios where they deal very high damage at close range but are rather squishy. like sturmpios, theyre difficult to defeat head on with starting infantry, but any combination of two squads can quickly focus them down as they try to close the distance. if theyre rushing at units at green cover, theyre almost guaranteed to lose a model or two on the charge. you just have to be mindful of your positioning and know how much firepower youre capable of putting out.

the problem i think, was that it was possible to get TWO assault engineers for relatively cheaply right off the bat. By the time your first assengie was leaving your base sector you could call in another. Even sturmpios which are 40 more manpower take much longer to train.

also assaultengies have terrible scaling as vet and elite infantry with automatic weapons just completely annihilate them if you focus fire (Which you should be doing)
15 Sep 2014, 22:40 PM

Wow! when something is a little OP on allies, they fix it immediately

psss kubelwagen...
15 Sep 2014, 22:43 PM

psss kubelwagen...

Just like ass grens?
Kubel is its own separate issue along with a few other items..
15 Sep 2014, 22:46 PM

Just like ass grens?
Kubel is its own separate issue along with a few other items..

an issue without addressing so quickly btw....
15 Sep 2014, 23:14 PM

Assault Grens got nerfed into uselessness right after they came out, and they stayed there until Relic fixed them in a later patch.
15 Sep 2014, 23:54 PM

According to my calculations it should be a decrease of 32.7% DPS
(20% damage nerf with 12.7% decrease in accuracy)
Feel free to correct me if i am wrong, I just got up :/

~30% roughly.

0.8 * 0.873 = 0.6984

Just adding the two does not account for the fact that if the damage is already lowered, lowering the accuracy has a smaller effect than previously. Not a huge difference with those numbers though.

No idea why AE exactly were singled out. My assumption is that they were far too good and used not to supplement Riflemen, but instead of Riflemen. Their strength should be rather easy to compare to other units, as it's similar to AGrens, Pios (to a degree) and Shocks. That's why people should know how to handle them.
The Kubelwagen on the other hand is pretty much unique, there is no other mobile suppression vehicle, so I assume more stats need to be gathered on it. Right now there are test games to counter Kubel spam strats. I assume that it's simply so different a lot of people do not know how to handle it. I so far saw one USF strat that worked really well and one Soviet T1 strategy that seemed to work a bit. Besides that Soviet T2 also should work well. And no, the players were not noobs.
16 Sep 2014, 00:06 AM
Patrion 15

It didn't last that long after all. It was fun while it lasted. Back to using Riflemen again over and over for the same start and maybe get one for support.

16 Sep 2014, 01:04 AM

Assault Grens got nerfed into uselessness right after they came out, and they stayed there until Relic fixed them in a later patch.

If I recall "right after" was a few weeks. And until then response to the complaints was all "l2p".
16 Sep 2014, 01:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2014, 01:04 AMAvNY

If I recall "right after" was a few weeks. And until then response to the complaints was all "l2p".

Wrong.
They were nerfed within 24 hrs of release and then a new doct that i personally bought on day 1 was useless for some months after release.

September 24th, 2013 they were released,

Updates September 26th, 2013:
Assault Grenadiers

- Dispatch Cost from 280 manpower to 200 manpower and 50 munitions
- Reinforcement and population cost remain the same as prior
This change is to give a temporary gate to the deployment of these units as players are finding it very difficult to deal with them at the start. The munition cost will gate the unit by a few minutes as well as make deploying these units limit the players means to get other munitions upgrades such as Panzerschrecks on the Mechanized Assault Group or a flame halftrack.
16 Sep 2014, 01:42 AM

Wrong.
They were nerfed within 24 hrs of release and then a new doct that i personally bought on day 1 was useless for some months after release.

September 24th, 2013 they were released,

Updates September 26th, 2013:
Assault Grenadiers

- Dispatch Cost from 280 manpower to 200 manpower and 50 munitions
- Reinforcement and population cost remain the same as prior
This change is to give a temporary gate to the deployment of these units as players are finding it very difficult to deal with them at the start. The munition cost will gate the unit by a few minutes as well as make deploying these units limit the players means to get other munitions upgrades such as Panzerschrecks on the Mechanized Assault Group or a flame halftrack.

Is it just me or do patch notes from the official thread often come off as a giant list of "fuck you Axis players" notes?
16 Sep 2014, 01:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2014, 01:42 AMSierra

Is it just me or do patch notes from the official thread often come off as a giant list of "fuck you Axis players" notes?

It's just you
16 Sep 2014, 10:08 AM

an issue without addressing so quickly btw....

Just because YOU or other guys think Kubel is currently an issue and needs fixing it doesn't mean it is. Just to remember.
16 Sep 2014, 10:13 AM

Johny B fighting for Axis players everyone, everytime.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★