Login

russian armor

Patch September 9th, 2014

PAGES (11)down
10 Sep 2014, 22:30 PM

Ostheer received several minor buffs for its T4 and units like Pgrens/Osttruppen none of which address its fundamental problems at all. One of these problems is that US utterly dominates Ostheer in the early/midgame because of general infantry superiority and early vehicles.
Ostheer also received a de facto major nerf to its mainstay infantry unit, and that alone actually weakens it considerably relative to the other factions.

this.
10 Sep 2014, 22:45 PM

Extremely sad about the current state of conscripts...
10 Sep 2014, 22:45 PM

Otto Carius, as commander of S.Pz. Jäg.Abt. 512, once apparently destroyed a Sherman by firing right through a house...they might have read his book...or it might just be a yet unresolved bug, choice is yours. ;)

His book isn't usually considered that accurate, although I bet this particular instance is quite true. Still a rather OP feature, I don't believe any allied tank/AT gun shoot through objects
10 Sep 2014, 22:46 PM

I've played 6 1v1 games as allies and seen 5 Ostheer and 1 OKW.

10 Sep 2014, 22:48 PM

I've played 6 1v1 games as allies and seen 5 Ostheer and 1 OKW.

I guess people want to try out the new commander, Ostruppen buff and t4 buff.
10 Sep 2014, 22:59 PM
Patrion 15

I guess we'll see quite a few people trying out the new Ost commander, I sure did, but once people realise just how weak they are now (and how crappy the new commander is) I reckon the Ost player base will take a very serious hit.

Why do you feel this way? Is there something specific you can point to that has brought you to this conclusion?
10 Sep 2014, 23:04 PM

I've seen some pretty... interesting things with the new Ost Commander. Like making 6 snipers, following other players attacks to be somewhat unstoppable, while making all the cashes and making them all ammo, then... cutting off all the sectors.

Somewhat countered by armor.
10 Sep 2014, 23:08 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Why do you feel this way? Is there something specific you can point to that has brought you to this conclusion?

It's not so good in 1v1, it seems very team game favored. Stormtroopers are very expensive on munitions, and meh without upgrades. The buffed panzer grenadiers seem like a much cheaper and better choice. The whole premise of the doctrine is also much less effective in 1v1 on the smaller maps, due to how close troops usually are to cut offs to recapture them and a full retreat from the encirclement artillery isn't really worth the munitions.
10 Sep 2014, 23:13 PM

I feel the same way, it's primarily because:

Grenadiers cannot stand up to USF at all anymore. Rifles beat them at every range, even long range is a coin-toss at best. Nerfed LMG's aid them, but are easily nullified by use of BAR's. And Stormtroopers are just ambush camouflage Grenadiers without Panzerfaust that can spawn in buildings and become Panzergrenadiers for 100 munitions. They could at least have Ober Kar 98's, but as-is they're simply not-so-elite infantry.
2 of 3 Relic postsRelic 10 Sep 2014, 23:15 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Make sure to check out today's hotfix as it addressed a major issue with veterancy.

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/company-of-heroes-2-general-discussion/67-coh-2-changelog/page4

Of note, Riflemen did not suffer from this issue, so they effectively scaled significantly better than all other core infantry. We believe this may have significantly skewed player perception in a number of areas, we also believe the resolution of this issue will greatly improve the overall gameplay.
10 Sep 2014, 23:32 PM

Make sure to check out today's hotfix as it addressed a major issue with veterancy.

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/company-of-heroes-2-general-discussion/67-coh-2-changelog/page4

Of note, Riflemen did not suffer from this issue, so they effectively scaled significantly better than all other core infantry. We believe this may have significantly skewed player perception in a number of areas, we also believe the resolution of this issue will greatly improve the overall gameplay.

Do you know since when this bug existed? And does "not properly received their veterancy modifiers" mean they didn't get the veterancy bonus at all or was it just working somehow different?
3 of 3 Relic postsRelic 10 Sep 2014, 23:41 PM
Developer Relic Badge

A quick example; if you have a Grenadier squad that reaches vet 2, each entity within the squad will receive the vet 2 modifiers. If during the course of the game, one of those four entities die, the reinforced entity will no longer come with the modifiers you received at vet 2.

Effectively, you could have a vet 3 squad without any vet.
10 Sep 2014, 23:48 PM

A quick example; if you have a Grenadier squad that reaches vet 2, each entity within the squad will receive the vet 2 modifiers. If during the course of the game, one of those four entities die, the reinforced entity will no longer come with the modifiers you received at vet 2.

Effectively, you could have a vet 3 squad without any vet.

Uhm... Wow...
11 Sep 2014, 00:39 AM

So in a nutshell, pre-hotfix - my reinforced volks were just wearing vet 5 insignias but they all fought with vet 1 stats?
11 Sep 2014, 03:12 AM

Huh. I want to say I'm surprised Relic didn't notice that, but I definitely never had any idea myself that it was happening. If someone suggested that I would have thought they were crazy.

I guess because you WOULD still see vet 5 squads performing much better, even with less bonuses than they should be getting?

My mind is seriously blown right now.
11 Sep 2014, 03:21 AM

Permanently Banned
Relic please!

Put more damage to all weapons, more fear in combat, real bombs, tanks, at's, mg's, just make a hardcore mod with that changes (to more real).

The ghost bullets mod right now? Tired.
11 Sep 2014, 06:23 AM
Donator 22

Encirclement ‘Sprint’ Ability

Command point requirement should now properly be set to 0

Nice so I am able to "hunt" the soviet usain bolt sniper sprinter :D :P
11 Sep 2014, 07:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2014, 23:32 PMgokkel

Do you know since when this bug existed?

Note how he didn't answer this question.
11 Sep 2014, 09:58 AM

Nerf t34 and conscripts...

Keep promoting call ins and maxims...

Maxims would undoubtedly be the biggest issue for probably most Ost players and they just failed completely to fix it. Maxims feel almost the same as last patch.

Truely wonder how much longer people will put up with maxims before heading elsewhere..

There is a limit relic and your getting close....
11 Sep 2014, 16:31 PM
Patrion 15

This is what you can make with Assault Engineers now. You can wipe Axis squads very easily in the first minutes if you do it well.

I'm not a very good player but I just won many games the night after the patch using the same strat and lost just a few when it was the other way around until this patch. A 4 minute game is what happened, obviously I was lucky enough that he made a blob.

PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS