Login

russian armor

Help me with some COH history please

4 Sep 2014, 18:07 PM

Hi I have not been playing long so I want to ask you guys for some information on things.

1. Who is this vetlolcake everyone keeps talking about?

2. How did the Elbe Day, and March Deployments make some factions OP (I saw the march deployment vid, it seemed like good changes to me)?

3. Why was the Tiger Ace OP?
4 Sep 2014, 18:13 PM

Permanently Banned
1. successfull troll with a hardcore german biased opinion :)
2. Well the Ostheer needs a little bit of love thats all!
3. because allies were sad and thought their tank spam is enough
4 Sep 2014, 18:36 PM

1. successfull troll with a hardcore german biased opinion :)
quote]

successful? wow he must be quite good then!
4 Sep 2014, 18:45 PM

Hi I have not been playing long so I want to ask you guys for some information on things.

2. How did the Elbe Day, and March Deployments make some factions OP (I saw the march deployment vid, it seemed like good changes to me)?

I will not comment on vetlolcake

Marchdeployment was really two patches

The first was infantry lethality and some other balance changes. As great as it sounded, Ostheer unintentionally became Far more powerful due to their more long ranged based. Simply because Soviets stuff generally has to get closer and leave the safety of cover, grens would murder them in every situation. Another goofy thing that resulted was pio spam. Weapons profiles were introduced and pioneers have smgs, they actually beat conscripts at close range (pretty OP for a what at the time was a 200mp unit)

Tiger ace is OP because you can call in the tank to save your ass even if you have no map control because it costs 800 MP which for the most part is unaffected by map control but more impacted by populatoin/ upkeep. So in a sense you can still have a normal game with the usual armor but the Tiger ace can come out way easier than a regular tiger or Is2 which costs a ton of fuel
4 Sep 2014, 19:22 PM

1. VetLolcake is a troll who always shows extreme bias toward the German factions. He's been very successful in his work. He got banned but people think Warthrone is him, but he's banned too now.

2. Before that, a lot of the game was luck. Conscripts and Grenadiers had an equal chance to kill each other at any range, SMG's increased damage at all ranges (not just close) while LMG's increased it massively at all ranges (instead of being geared toward long range), and Assault Rifles were universally better than Rifles and SMG's combined. Also the Grenadier G43 at Vet 2 had 100% accuracy!

3. The Tiger Ace was consider OP because it had a massive health pool, more armour, was very accurate, and did twice the gun damage. Now it's just a Vet 3 Tiger with more health (originally it didn't have more health, but when the Tiger was reduced from 1280 to 1040, the Tiger Ace wasn't)
4 Sep 2014, 19:24 PM
Honorary Member Badge

1 My sig is basically a collection of vetlolcake insults

He was at least occasionally amusing
4 Sep 2014, 20:02 PM

Tiger Ace was free when introduced at first with the only cost of having all resource income stopped till the end of the game.

You could call it whenever you want once reached the required CPs. It was a much more powerful unit than the TA we have now, wiping squads with one shot and destroying ATguns with two.

The main issue is that being free it was always the last card of every ost player in every single game, and it made possible absolutely stupid comebacks, because Tiger Ace could destroy all enemy armor & ATguns by itself if supported by vetted pios and schrecks.

Most people just called the Tiger Ace and throwed it into the enemy base to destroy all buildings.
4 Sep 2014, 20:25 PM

1. A heavily German biased poster who liked to throw insults at anyone who didn't agree with him. Was banned, but likely came back as warthrone.

2. March deployment and Elbe day was a two part change to the game to increase tactical play.

March deployment dealt with infantry since it increased infantry lethality so people would use cover. Before hand it was very easy to charge through no cover with minimal casualties making units like shocktroopers very strong and con rushes easy. This resulted in a heavy advantage for the ostheer as grens were much better then cons and pios could go toe to toe with cons despite being much cheaper. All while maintaining their much stronger late game.

Elbe day fixed the issues in march deployment and also equalized tank gameplay. It added penetration by range and made most tanks do similar damage and health. Before t34s did half the damage they do now and were only good for their ram which would destroy the main gun and engine every time it penned. Panthers also had heavy tank health which made them really hard to kill..

3. The tiger ace used to be completely free, but the penalty lasted all game. It also did double damage and took half damage. Then relic limited the penalty to only 10 min. I think you can see why it was pretty overpowered. The only way to beat it was to either win before it came out or get a lucky ram off to disable it.
4 Sep 2014, 20:50 PM

Tiger Ace was the grand father of COH2 being a P2W title - till they nerfed it - about 3 months later....
4 Sep 2014, 21:53 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

When in doubt check out the changelog (even if it doesn't have all the changes, ninjas FTW)

Updates for November 12th, 2013
Elite Troops Doctrine

Updates for December 10th, 2013
Tiger Ace
CP increased to 16
Income penalty now only last 10 minutes

Updates for February 18th, 2014

Tiger Ace cost from 0 MP to 800 MP
Tiger Ace command point cost from 16 to 14
Tiger Ace no longer reduces all resources to 0. It now reduces MP by 25% and fuel by 90% until the Tiger Ace is destroyed
Tiger Ace previous veterancy modifiers replaced with Tiger veterancy modifiers; this removes the double health and damage in exchange for faster rate of fire, improved accuracy, and improved mobility. Tiger Ace retains its increased sight range and lethal coaxial/hull machine guns
Tiger Ace base acceleration/deceleration from 1.4/3 to 1.8/3.9
Tiger Ace base max speed from 3 to 3.9
Tiger Ace has gained the Target Weak Point ability to chew through enemy armor, drastically increasing its weapon penetration and stunning enemy crews

2- Think about Pios as Shocktroops, and conscripts as Volks. That was the early game.
OR you could just go gren spam into LMG/G43 Tiger and have a 25+ streak as OH. IF you wanted to wait 10mins for a game XD
Those were dark days.

Also, prior to march patch, teamgames were the reign of PG shreck blobs + Panther Spam + Opel Blitz. ISU still had wipe capabilities but shitty AT and was heavy countered by Elephant/Panthers.

5 Sep 2014, 00:01 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Tiger Ace was the grand father of COH2 being a P2W title - till they nerfed it - about 3 months later....
And Soviet Industry was its grandmother
5 Sep 2014, 00:47 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Let me tell you about COH. Conway...

That is all.
5 Sep 2014, 01:00 AM

"I owned you with easy"
"Your sandbags didnt know how to stop my mans from going other ways"
"Trucks with mans kills sandbags"
"i did it my way, the conway"
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest