Login

russian armor

WFA Stand Alone

26 Aug 2014, 13:08 PM
Donator 11

Hey guys,

got a question regarding the WFA Stand Alone. If you just buy the stand alone with the two new armies, but do not have the original game, will you be able to play ALL MAPS? Or only the new ones?

Is it just the armies you're paying for or also the maps and acces to steam workshop, when you buy the original game?

Anybody has some experience with this?

cheers.
26 Aug 2014, 13:18 PM

You should be able to play all the maps but only the factions in the Standalone package. You can't play the Soviets or the Germans(Eastern).

Access to steam workshop should be available to all. Relic isn't so cruel as to not give you access to the workshop.
26 Aug 2014, 13:21 PM

You have faction mark near the map.

If there is a red star, you need base game to play the map.

Steam workshop can be accessed by anyone.
26 Aug 2014, 15:13 PM
Donator 11

two different answers... though the second one makes more sense... but how does that work out in ranked? Can he just play the WFA maps there too?
26 Aug 2014, 15:18 PM

two different answers... though the second one makes more sense... but how does that work out in ranked? Can he just play the WFA maps there too?

in skirmish mode, you won´t be able to play in maps that are form original game, but in online you will play in all maps, regardless if it is one from WFA or from Original COH2.

About factions, pretty much the same, in skirmish you only will play with and againts WFA factions but in online you can play only with WFA factions but you will face Soviets and OSther too.

sorry for my bad english. I hope this help.
26 Aug 2014, 15:40 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2014, 15:18 PMFul4n0

in skirmish mode, you won´t be able to play in maps that are form original game, but in online you will play in all maps, regardless if it is one from WFA or from Original COH2.

About factions, pretty much the same, in skirmish you only will play with and againts WFA factions but in online you can play only with WFA factions but you will face Soviets and OSther too.

sorry for my bad english. I hope this help.

Thx. Is this reliable info? Like your experience with just buying WFA?

26 Aug 2014, 15:42 PM

Is is reliable info.

It's the same way if you only have the original version: you can't play the new maps and factions in skirmish. You can play on those maps and vs the new factions on automatch, but you can't play as a new faction yourself.
26 Aug 2014, 16:09 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2014, 15:18 PMFul4n0
in skirmish mode, you won´t be able to play in maps that are form original game, but in online you will play in all maps, regardless if it is one from WFA or from Original COH2.[...]

Thus, if a friend of mine buys a copy of WFA, I can invite him to an automatch and we can play all maps together. Which is perfect! :)

thx & cheers

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 27
Netherlands 8
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %