Login

russian armor

Elite OKW infantry able to spawn behind enemy lines

24 Aug 2014, 14:21 PM
Patrion 14

thats what I think about partisan ;)

there is a reason why they are squishy.
24 Aug 2014, 14:22 PM

Is it fair to have to put time and effort in burning all the buildings / satchel / democharge / mine / razor wire every building on maps like anger or trois ponts?

I wouldn't say it's unfair, in the end it's just one squad behind your lines, not a whole army.
Burning down (wiring/mine/democharge/ whatever) the few neuralgic buildings takes a passable effort.
24 Aug 2014, 15:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2014, 14:12 PMGreeb

Please, don't publicize lame strategies and exploit abuses.

The game is currently too boring to add up more people building phantom wire or bugging buildings blocking the doors.

Anyone winning games doing that should feel ashamed of himself.

Anyone defending himself against spawning squads behind his line should feel ashamed of himself.
Having to spend 30 or more muni to mine every door on the map is better, hm no.

I wouldn't say it's unfair, in the end it's just one squad behind your lines, not a whole army.
Burning down (wiring/mine/democharge/ whatever) the few neuralgic buildings takes a passable effort.

I hope that's sarcastic, all these buildings on anger, lol.
24 Aug 2014, 15:40 PM

Every goddamn perk the axis have are subject to a whiny thread, i mean seriously ? You guys want mirror matches so badly ? Maybe try another game which allows it ? The more i read here, the angrier i get, guess it's time to visit another website. FJs are OP, Puma is OP (well, listen, because of it's AI being too good, lol), meanwhile every allies player seems to have enough time to pop in the much needed Wehrmacht T4 balance discussions and say that "Panther is fine, l2p". And if someone dares to complain about US AA HT's AI prowess, or ISU, then, you know the story, "l2p".
24 Aug 2014, 15:43 PM

Was there also that much complain when FJ's spawned in houses in CoH1?
24 Aug 2014, 15:52 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

This.

TBH, I was glad to see the FJs could actually parachute in WFA, albeit only occasionally. ( Don't like the sound of their FG42s so much though, even if they may be more realistic)
24 Aug 2014, 16:06 PM

Probably not, because squad that couldn't cripple engines and spawned with bolt action rifles that had to be upgraded for full autos had significantly less shock value.

Why do you people try to compare them to vcoh falls? They have only name in common.
24 Aug 2014, 16:08 PM

In CoH1 the Falls had to pay a hefty sum and wait a period of time before they had their highly dangerous FGs. They couldn't be quite as devastating to a back line on short notice. Cap a back VP, sure, but quite the same thing.
Edit: Mostly beaten by Kaitoff.
24 Aug 2014, 16:40 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2014, 16:06 PMKatitof

Why do you people try to compare them to vcoh falls? They have only name in common.

Firstly. 'vcoh' and 'falls' makes no sense. 'Vcoh' is vanilla coh. US and Wehr.

Next.

Available in 'Luftwaffe' doctrine
4 man squad
Has a grenade (albeit different type)
Similar cost (420 vs 440MP)
Faust (Regardless of engine damage)
Elite infantry status- high damage glass cannons
Has access to FG42s
lastly, and most importantly-
Spawns out of unoccupied ambient buildings

You couldn't be more wrong even if you tried. Also something people fail to note is that the boring old bolt actions coh1 falls allowed them to recloak and gain ambush bonus damage between shots, iirc, which actually meant FG42 performance was about equal to Kar98 beyond short range and in cover.
24 Aug 2014, 16:54 PM

Would you guys think it would be a good idea to decrease the MP-Cost of the Fallis to let's say 390 but give them Kar98s and an FG-42 Upgrade for like 60 or 90 Ammo? Same goes for the Jaegers and their G43s. That way they wouldnt be that much of a shock-unit. Also when playing as Axis, I always find that the Falls die rather quickly if u use them in a guerilla-fashion as their retreat-path often goes right through the enemy lines and they don't have a decent armour like Shocks for example.

I don't think the spawning-ability should be taken out of the game. Otherwise it would just encourage static-gameplay such as maxim-spam and other cheese, which really isn't the way CoH is fun to play. Also they lose against Shocks, especially with Vet and those guys cost less.
24 Aug 2014, 16:57 PM

As an idea to not nerf them directly but to disable some playstyle, just forbidden to pop them in a building that isn't in the enemy fog of war. so they can still be used to decap and harass, but not to popup in the middle of a defensive line.
24 Aug 2014, 19:00 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

thats what I think about partisan ;)

Show me a "competitive" game of someone using partisans to win.

The game is currently too boring to add up more people building phantom wire or bugging buildings blocking the doors.

Are you for real? Barbwiring a door is now an exploit?
24 Aug 2014, 19:10 PM

Are you for real? Barbwiring a door is now an exploit?

Calma, no fight between us, I dont either think that is an exploit.
24 Aug 2014, 19:19 PM
Donator 22

http://www.twitch.tv/lenny12346/c/4870114

The point was not to win with partisans. The point is, that soviet can spawn behind enemy lines as well and clear weapon teams, take out halftracks,222's, tanks etc.

Is it fair to have to put time and effort in burning all the buildings / satchel / democharge / mine / razor wire every building on maps like anger or trois ponts?
24 Aug 2014, 20:12 PM

The point was not to win with partisans. The point is, that soviet can spawn behind enemy lines as well and clear weapon teams, take out halftracks,222's, tanks etc.

Only if they really don't pay attention. Otherwise there is huge risk that either Partisan squad will be reduced in numbers or the attacked unit retreating/driving away. Just check the amount of time needed to kill anything by them.

Unlike Falls Partisans are in fact even more fragile, random and worst of all, do zero damage. What's makes it even worse, Falls are excellent to support already fine OKW infantry, while choosing Partisans leaves you with nothing but Cons/Penals to fight.
24 Aug 2014, 21:33 PM

wiring doors close to stop falls is fair game, not a lame stat.
24 Aug 2014, 22:14 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Troll game? Skillgap? I´ve already seen that vid (lulz ftw), but we can´t really start a serious discussion comparison between Partisans vs Elite OKW infantry spawning from buildings. Theres a huge gap between:
-Paid commander
-Viable use / "Competitive" commander.
-Firepower

It´s like saying OH can use clowncar with mechanized groups, M3 is fine, comparison.

PD: i´m fine with them spawning behind enemy lines.
nee
24 Aug 2014, 23:07 PM

They're effective at the right moment, which thankfully can be done by the player whenever opportunity presents itself. That said, once they are deployed they act like regular infantry with all the same limitations. Once the enemy is aware of that strategy they will respond accordingly. It's not like these things are for free.

Personally I think a suitable compromise would be to have them start with MP40s and be able to upgrade to FG42s. And that FG42s can be dropped. FJs therefore would have to choose between spawning just to rape a vehicle (which can be quite a waste of manpower, even if it was a wounded Jackson or Sherman), or spawn and wait to rape any infantry nearby. The waiting time could allow enemy infantry to kill them off. US paratroopers for instance don't spawn with advanced weapons, they even have two upgrade options, but otherwise are used in just the same manner. I mean if FJs get to spawn wit such weapons why not Paratroopers?
24 Aug 2014, 23:07 PM

So.. What? I should just let those Elite infantry spawn behind my lines so they can rape my AT guns and snipers? Let them force mass retreats because my valuable rear-line support units are getting taken out by basically panzergrenadiers spawning in the perfect position? Yeah, no.

Unlike a good infantry flank, spawning elite infantry in the perfect position to take out support weapons does not take skill to pull of. Instead of needing skill, you pay 100mp extra for them to spawn there. People should be ashamed for using these units, not for wiring off buildings.
24 Aug 2014, 23:50 PM

They spawned with bolt action rifles and had to upgrade for 60 ammo to get their FG42s. CoH2 Falls (which I think are fine for cost) and Jaegers (which are not) come with their powerful weapons locked and loaded.

I don't have a problem with spawning in buidings, but those squads should require an upgrade for their high DPS weapons. Lower their MP cost to compensate. And Jaegers probably still need a nerf anyway, these guys are crazy good.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★