Login

russian armor

what needs to be done, so that coh2 will be ready for esl ?

20 Aug 2014, 18:41 PM

i figure the items are needed. what am i missing ?

observer mode implemented
balance (not really sure what is op/up right now)
less server disconnects

20 Aug 2014, 20:03 PM

The freeze followed by fast-forward.
Vaz
20 Aug 2014, 20:28 PM

Relic has already explained the fast forward. It's keeping you in the game. So you want more disconnected games or will you allow the systems to sync up?
20 Aug 2014, 20:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2014, 20:28 PMVaz
Relic has already explained the fast forward. It's keeping you in the game. So you want more disconnected games or will you allow the systems to sync up?

Then the question is, why certain people suddenly have so many disconnects when before WFA they had perfectly stable connections if that is the cause of freezes and fast forwards.
20 Aug 2014, 20:58 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

i figure the items are needed. what am i missing ?

balance (not really sure what is op/up right now)

Haha I like that. Why hasn't Relic implemented this Balance feature yet? :thumbsup:
20 Aug 2014, 21:04 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2014, 20:39 PMKatitof

Then the question is, why certain people suddenly have so many disconnects when before WFA they had perfectly stable connections if that is the cause of freezes and fast forwards.

Pretty simple actually, before the game and every player had to wait for the lagging player to catch up and that lagged the game for everyone. Now if a player has worthless internet with lots of packet loss they can simply loose the connection all together since the game is progressing and not waiting around for the lagging player.

That its WFA fault is just BS. The Battleservers came shorthly before WFA was released so it might be returning players or just coincidence that someone got dropped after WFA was released.

Easy solution is get better internet, its not the games fault its YOU. k thx.
Only Relic postRelic 20 Aug 2014, 21:12 PM
Developer Relic Badge

We're definitely working on many things right now. Keep in mind that we have now officially announced the ESL partnership, but things haven't started yet.

We appreciate the excitement over this announcement, as well as your concern :)
20 Aug 2014, 21:17 PM

Get rid of the bugs, It doesnt look good with mgs facing backwards.
20 Aug 2014, 21:18 PM

Get rid of the bugs, It doesnt look good with mgs facing backwards.

This is probably the biggest concern. Trying to go e-sports with a bugged game just makes you look like an amateur.
20 Aug 2014, 21:19 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

We're definitely working on many things right now. Keep in mind that we have now officially announced the ESL partnership, but things haven't started yet.

We appreciate the excitement over this announcement, as well as your concern :)

You heard the lady.

It's time to get those dusty ESL accounts back to speed.
20 Aug 2014, 21:23 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2014, 21:04 PMspajn

Pretty simple actually, before the game and every player had to wait for the lagging player to catch up and that lagged the game for everyone. Now if a player has worthless internet with lots of packet loss they can simply loose the connection all together since the game is progressing and not waiting around for the lagging player.

That its WFA fault is just BS. The Battleservers came shorthly before WFA was released so it might be returning players or just coincidence that someone got dropped after WFA was released.

The battle servers have been around a while now and do work in the way described . A lagging player will freeze and then fast forward to catch-up. Many players had not experienced this until recently and so were a bit mystified. Something has changed since wfa or a recent patch as it has been happening more frequently for more people.
20 Aug 2014, 22:44 PM

MG's deploying the wrong way.
Pak 40 Target Weak Point.
Grenades not working properly.
OKW Trucks refusing to set up.
OKW Flak Truck radius circle.
21 Aug 2014, 08:21 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2014, 21:04 PMspajn
Not only are completely and utterly wrong, but the sad thing is, here your ignorance can have detrimental consequences. Dismissing this as a connection problem can only prevent Relic from classifying it as an actual bug which it is beyond any doubt. There is literally zero benefit for anyone in this attitude. You are just being a dick for no apparent reason.

Sorry, but no other game lags out for me, I play multiplayer a lot. This game didn't lag out / fast forward for me before WFA and after the release of battle servers. I am among other things a web developer who frequently works from home and depends critically on functioning internet at all times. Furthermore I know my way around monitoring a connection. During CoH freezes, other programs that depend on the internet work, websites work (yes, during freezes I specifically alt-tabbed and opened up browsers or a console window and pinged / traced a route to several websites and servers). Also, I occasionally play with teammates and we use TeamSpeak (don't even think of trying to imply teamspeak throttles a 20/10 MB/s connection, and anyway the frequency of fast forwards seems to be completely unrelated to that) which still works for the entire team when a freeze happens, but the game freezes for all 3-4 of us simultaneously and only later catches up. Even when there is no teamspeak involved people can use the ingame chat to share their "wtf laaaag" experiences (explain that one if it's a connection problem - I suppose you think the ingame chat is, unlike game data, transported by carrier pigeons).
21 Aug 2014, 08:34 AM

To quote Cynthia_RE from another thread about the lag/fast forward:

There is a thread about this over on our own forums - http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/company-of-heroes-2-general-discussion/company-of-heroes-2-bug-reporting/86369-game-is-getting-outright-unplayable-again-due-to-lag

The devs told me that what you're seeing is due to the fact that they added reconnects to the battle server. So if for some reason you got disconnected, you are no longer kicked from the game, but get re-connected automatically. That’s why your game will freeze and speed up to catch-up with everyone else. Previously in these cases, you would have simply been disconnected from the game but now can continue playing.

We're looking into adding messaging to communicate this. But also want to investigate this further. Anyone that can provide dxdiags, replays and warnings logs - please let me know. It goes a long way in helping them diagnose things.

Thanks!
21 Aug 2014, 08:57 AM

maybe add feature like rc just like d*t* 2 would be nice IMHO
21 Aug 2014, 09:10 AM

There are too many virsual bugs.. This kind of bugs make me think that it isnt a professional game. I think this is important in terms of showcase
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★