Login

russian armor

Everything Wrong with that Interview...

• This thread is locked
2 of 3 Relic postsRelic 14 Aug 2014, 01:38 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Thanks Cynth for responding! To be fair some of the other press events and stuff have been really good.

No worries! It's been a long day here.

We just got a youtube video up with an interview from the Gamescom floor and some Ardennes Assault footage. You guys can watch it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYU9LAeCv7o&feature=youtu.be

14 Aug 2014, 01:44 AM

The fact that Relic does take the time to actually respond to the fans of its games, shows more savvy than many other companies with flashy marketing *cough* the Creative Assembly *cough*.

Not that there's not room for improvement, but it's still nice to see Relic in a post like this replying to it.
14 Aug 2014, 01:44 AM

That was a poor production.
14 Aug 2014, 01:46 AM

I think it's more important to note that twitch just shafted them this time around
14 Aug 2014, 03:18 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Twitch sucks.
14 Aug 2014, 03:19 AM

I think it's more important to note that twitch just shafted them this time around

Well - right now there are 42 viewers on Twitch watching COH2.

While at the same time you have 56 watching "Super Meat Boy"...

14 Aug 2014, 03:21 AM

Well - right now there are 42 viewers on Twitch watching COH2.

While at the same time you have 56 watching "Super Meat Boy"...

I kinda doubt they look at those numbers when they decide which games they're going to shaft at gamescom and which ones they're going to be hyping up.
14 Aug 2014, 03:25 AM

I kinda doubt they look at those numbers when they decide which games they're going to shaft at gamescom and which ones they're going to be hyping up.

I guess my point is COH2 isn't a big deal for them given the relatively small viewership - they'll give time to products that bring in viewers.
14 Aug 2014, 03:27 AM

I guess my point is COH2 isn't a big deal for them given the relatively small viewership - they'll give time to products that bring in viewers.
well yeah, that's probably why Relic only got 20 minutes, but that's seriously no excuse for the bad production quality that was in their hands. Relic didn't seem to have a lot of authority in that department besides what they had to present.
14 Aug 2014, 03:34 AM

Well, HelpingHans didn't lie when he said that he would make a lengthy rant about the interview in the Twitch chat. :D

Eh, guess the RNG gods weren't look down on Relic this day. Hopefully it'll be just a tad better on Friday. :)

As a side note, I'm getting a bit tired of people complaining that they didn't get any MP content out of today. You just got a giant WFA MULTIPLAYER expansion last month. Suck it up.
14 Aug 2014, 04:25 AM

Lost it at the Kappa face on the left at 5:11:00ish. Fucking lost it. Otherwise, really disappointing interview. Never grabbed my attention. Just watched it because it was coh2 related.
14 Aug 2014, 07:07 AM

I'll be honest, I almost fell asleep during this interview, no offence, but sweet jesus you guys need someone who can improvise(be a great talker during interviews as well) and market like a boss. I understand QD is an important part of the franchise but just let him stay on the sidelines if he doesn't have much experience. I understand twitch was the main problem in this, causing several changes to occur/letdowns, but it just pains me to watch these guys look totally un-pumped for their game. Heck even Noun would've been more excited. :D It's great to see you respond though Cynthia, glad to see a community-feedback-response team member take a leap of faith. Hate to be harsh but all I want is the best for this game.
14 Aug 2014, 07:32 AM

I watched about 5mins and left.

Boredom.

The youtube vid is much much better promo, even though its in a noisy dark room.
14 Aug 2014, 07:35 AM

Not knowing how to deal with the playerbase is Relic's problem since ever.
They could get so much more players if they were aware what marketing and public relations mean.
But no they make "amateurs" do this job in a very sad and unpleasant way.
This interview is just a bottom line of this problem.
I could continue with many more examples...
14 Aug 2014, 07:40 AM

The talk that Quin Duffy was gave was the kind of report you would give to your publisher/investors. Talk of player data and metrics is the kind of info you should relegate to online blogs, the average gamer who is curious as to what Company of Heroes 2 is doesn't wanna hear about this. Leave it to the die hard fans (like people on this site :)) to look up that stuff on the official website blog archive.

There a few things that they should have considered going into that interview. WW2 is perceived as overdone and boring. Why is CoH2 different, why is it better than other WW2 games? Address this. Talk about how its a unique squad based RTS that uses cover and hard hitting individual tank/vehicle units, that emphasizes micro and tactics compared to the hectic macro race game that is SC2.

Yes they got shafted by twitch by video content not being available, but still, just imagine the average person who has no idea what the company of heroes franchise watching that interview, would have written it off pretty much in the first few minutes.

(Also that twitch host could not have been a big enough of a wanker if he tried to be honest lol)
14 Aug 2014, 07:42 AM

Yeah, in my eyes it WAS pretty poor, but to be honest, i'm used to this kind of stuff since relic always messes up things like this.

Remember when WFA was announced? It wasn't any better.
14 Aug 2014, 08:21 AM

*continues to bash head against the toilet seat, occasionally flushing*
14 Aug 2014, 08:47 AM

HelpingHans - the new community manager with dictator rights . That has to happen and the amount of players doubles in a month.
14 Aug 2014, 08:50 AM

Thanks for taking the time to answer all these posts Cynthia.
And it's because we care about this game we go so hard on you guys.
Keep it up, you had some positive feedback I saw in the video so congratz for that.
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS