Login

russian armor

Everything Wrong with that Interview...

• This thread is locked
13 Aug 2014, 23:04 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Hey guys first off I just want to make clear that I mean no disrespect to the developers at Relic and I only just want the game and it's community to reach it's full potential.

Video for reference: http://www.twitch.tv/twitch/b/557643505 (skip to 05:08:20)

Point 1: In the first minutes of the interview Quinn talks about boring points that will not interest the new player market. Such topics as the game as a service, metrics etc. If you want to capture your audience from the get go you need to show them something flashy and grab their attention.

Point 2: The second Relic guy who I still do not the name of (my apologies) hardly had a chance to speak and it seemed very awkward. What happen there? Did you guys prep before the interview?

Point 3: When you showed the clip of the two trailers for the Western Front Armies the auido was too loud and the footage was very small at the start. The footage itself was great but these issues let it down. Again it seems you didn't check the footage before hand to see if it worked.

Point 4: The actual game play footage you showed after the cinematic clip was absolutely terrible. Why didn't you use this time to show off an epic highlight from Sunday Night Fights or something? You need to impress the audience and it was far from that, I felt embarrassed.

Point 5: The Video for the Ardenne Assualt didn't work. Again did you test it before hand?

Summary: All these problems and issues just flash up red as unprofessional and will immediately put off potential new players. Furthermore by not having anything to grab the audience attention this will in turn cause the same effect as people will not stay tuned to find out more about the game. Does the game have a marketing team? Because it sure as hell doesn't look like it. The game is so amazing but this interview just doesn't give it justice at all.
13 Aug 2014, 23:06 PM

Relic and Marketing.
'nouf said.
13 Aug 2014, 23:09 PM

Amateur hour down in Canada... :(
13 Aug 2014, 23:17 PM
Donator 11

Yeah.. I recommend taking some Marketing 101 courses.

I'm not even kidding, they're extremely good. This interview looked like a highschool project.
13 Aug 2014, 23:21 PM
Patrion 14

I remember Noun saying that they do not have a marketing team but they have a brand manager.

Anyway, the marketing student in me cried, hard when I saw that vid...
13 Aug 2014, 23:24 PM

Don't be too hard on them.

Remember they are virgins on marketing field :foreveralone:
13 Aug 2014, 23:33 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

Disappointed the fans will be, effective market you will not.
13 Aug 2014, 23:42 PM

Relic, you gotta step it up man. The community is counting on you :/
13 Aug 2014, 23:43 PM

Permanently Banned
+1
13 Aug 2014, 23:45 PM
Patrion 14

13 Aug 2014, 23:46 PM

13 Aug 2014, 23:49 PM

I just can't get over the new single player content, sole reason I bought coh2 was for the MP content, that's where the game continues to sustain and build itself...
14 Aug 2014, 00:13 AM

haha I was at work and didn't see it

get rekt, my expectations!
14 Aug 2014, 00:16 AM
Donator 22

In before the developer post.
14 Aug 2014, 00:33 AM

An F.

You can retake the exam buy paying the fee + remember to write down your name + Student ID before the exam day or you will have to retake the course and pay full price again.

Come one Relic, don' you learn from your WFA Marketing ?
14 Aug 2014, 00:39 AM

i guess this interview went rong "shit happens" but not grabing this "gold" opportunity to increase the community and coh2 sales !
jet lag maybe !! HelpingHans you rite i guess that dint just went like they wanted and maybe they were prepared but 20mn pass fast its truly pity
the only tink i want now its obs mode !
Coh2 got so much potentional great engine they just nedd to explore
this theatre of war were just a total failure don't pushed me to buy it our adquire any "key"
i prefer having a "type campaign mode like teatre of war being" able to play it a few guys friends viewers in large battle it the " tools " and strategy they used in real life but also being able to use some mode that coold be incorporated to rite your won battle planes and sharring like HOI 3 you can use scrips to make a battle plane will you take france etc i wil like being able to be in battle doing the campaing and some apearing on the chat and asking to joyn in but no ned to restart just taking the AI in battle at the same time and giving you a possiblity !
theres moutch that can be explored but i op that they dont forget us !

Being able to joyn a game in the match making like 2v2 for example wen some one ragequit and let the hother teamember alone it AI and just some one seing the match could come and joyn in the game taking AI countrol to units and buildings could be great realy !
14 Aug 2014, 00:52 AM
Donator 11

Company of Heroes 2 is so great but as always Relic's marketing is non-existent, and the blatant side-effect to this is a puny community.

The same problem arose during it's launch; you couldn't find any advertisements regarding it's release almost anywhere. I found out about CoH 2 through word and talk, unfortunately, not even it's trailer. Funny thing is I found out about the launch trailer a few months ago.

But to get to the point, I really think you guys should invest in marketing. Talk with SEGA or anyone, just get the job done :)

I love that you guys are an engaged company closely working to develop an amazing game, but all this effort is going to waste when the rest of the world isn't aware of your effort.

Biggest problem with this interview, as Hans mentioned, is the lack of flashiness. The lack of a trailer for the campaign was a bummer. People lose any attention to listen about history and the development of the game; they just want to play and see why they should play your game.
1 of 3 Relic postsRelic 14 Aug 2014, 01:13 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Hey guys first off I just want to make clear that I mean no disrespect to the developers at Relic and I only just want the game and it's community to reach it's full potential.

Video for reference: http://www.twitch.tv/twitch/b/557643505 (skip to 05:08:20)

Point 1: In the first minutes of the interview Quinn talks about boring points that will not interest the new player market. Such topics as the game as a service, metrics etc. If you want to capture your audience from the get go you need to show them something flashy and grab their attention.

Point 2: The second Relic guy who I still do not the name of (my apologies) hardly had a chance to speak and it seemed very awkward. What happen there? Did you guys prep before the interview?

Point 3: When you showed the clip of the two trailers for the Western Front Armies the auido was too loud and the footage was very small at the start. The footage itself was great but these issues let it down. Again it seems you didn't check the footage before hand to see if it worked.

Point 4: The actual game play footage you showed after the cinematic clip was absolutely terrible. Why didn't you use this time to show off an epic highlight from Sunday Night Fights or something? You need to impress the audience and it was far from that, I felt embarrassed.

Point 5: The Video for the Ardenne Assualt didn't work. Again did you test it before hand?

Summary: All these problems and issues just flash up red as unprofessional and will immediately put off potential new players. Furthermore by not having anything to grab the audience attention this will in turn cause the same effect as people will not stay tuned to find out more about the game. Does the game have a marketing team? Because it sure as hell doesn't look like it. The game is so amazing but this interview just doesn't give it justice at all.

I can speak to a few of these, but not all.

#2 - they definitely prepped for the interview, but the interviewer was changed by Twitch at the last minute. This resulted in a number of changes to the interview format and what was said during the stream.

#3 - this was beyond our control. The format for these interviews were that we provide Twitch with the content, and their team sets it up and plays it. This includes sound balance - it was out of our control.

#5 - definitely tested beforehand. Same as point number three, the video file was provided to Twitch and their folks were to line up playing it. We only had a live 15 minute slot with them, so when they couldn't get it to play - that was it.

We're not happy that the Ardennes Assault footage didn't play, and very much recognize that today's announcement needs to be built upon.

Thank you for the feedback - we're definitely growing and improving. We do have a very small team but are working hard to get you guys more information.
14 Aug 2014, 01:21 AM

Thanks Cynth for responding! To be fair some of the other press events and stuff have been really good.
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS