Option Distribution Votes
47%
49%
4%
Total votes: 173 (Locked)
10 Aug 2014, 21:27 PM

Permanently Banned
10 Aug 2014, 21:31 PM

If they bring in a Pershing, that doctrine will have to nullify things that make up for their lack of Heavy Tank, like disabling the Jackson (have an M10 call-in in the M26 doctrine?) and disabling the ability to exit vehicles. Otherwise it'll be too advantageous, and you'll never see any other doctrine or strategy, just self repairing Pershing + Jackson combo.
10 Aug 2014, 21:36 PM

:snfBarton: :snfBarton: Ill take two for my collection
10 Aug 2014, 21:37 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I don't get why people want this so badly. There's plenty of heavy tanks in the game... use those.
11 Aug 2014, 08:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2014, 21:37 PMRomeo
I don't get why people want this so badly. There's plenty of heavy tanks in the game... use those.

I guess because people wanna have fun and don't really care about design choices and balance.

Can you blame them?
11 Aug 2014, 09:48 AM

I guess because people wanna have fun and don't really care about design choices and balance.

Can you blame them?

Exactly. It is a big tank with a big gun. What's not to like?

Whether it belongs in the game is another matter entirely.
11 Aug 2014, 09:51 AM
Donator 33

I demand something to put my exclusive pre-order skin on.
11 Aug 2014, 10:09 AM
Benefactor 115

I demand something to put my exclusive pre-order skin on.

Sherman Jumbo if it ever gets added.
11 Aug 2014, 11:01 AM

A sherman calliope and a Pershing in one commander...... PPL must Pay!
11 Aug 2014, 11:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2014, 11:01 AMUGBEAR
A sherman calliope and a Pershing in one commander...... PPL must Pay!

If USF gets calliope then OKW or OST gets Hummel or Jagdpanther! Or better yet, 3rd German faction with those units! :D Hummel, Jagdpanther, Nashorn, Hetzer, Panzer III etc
11 Aug 2014, 12:44 PM

If enemy will make very strong front line how do you push there? Off Map, Arty, Heavy tank. So how about off map? Incredibly weak Thunderbolt for vehicles, some classic arty but still, have to uncover map. Arty? USF have Priest - 5-6 shots, very powerful but very slow RoF - easy to avoid. What others have? Non doctrinal PWerfer, Katyusha, Stuka. No need to say more. Lack of good, anti-blob arty. Ok, maybe something heavy? Soviet's can push very nice with KV-1, KV-2, KV-8, IS-2 or ISU-152. All of them can take few hits from the heaviest things. Maybe Axis are worse? Nope. Panther, Command Panther, Tiger, Tiger Ace, Kingtiger, Sturmtiger, Jadgpanther, Jadgtiger. Many, many ways to push without perfect micro.
So how about USF? Sherman Bulldozer, E8. That's it. And yet those are a way behind other I mentioned. So... Non doctrinal arty? Nope, some damage-sponge? Nope, so why you don't want M26? I guess most "No" voters are Axis players who don't want to face M26+M36 combo while they are using the same thing like Jadgtiger/King Tiger + Jadgpanzer, Tiger+Panther, Elephant+Panther or PzIV.
Even Soviets can use such powerful combinations. USF don't have any good, anti-blob arty or something heavy so Pershing is something USF should get at least.
11 Aug 2014, 13:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2014, 11:10 AMHitman5

If USF gets calliope then OKW or OST gets Hummel or Jagdpanther! Or better yet, 3rd German faction with those units! :D Hummel, Jagdpanther, Nashorn, Hetzer, Panzer III etc

You are the true MVP - New german faction vs Brits.

On-topic: A doctrinal, balanced heavy tank for the USF isn't a big problem. It's not an excuse that it doesn't fit into the faction design; then tell me how Osttruppens fit in the German Commnader Pool?
11 Aug 2014, 13:11 PM

Who picks ostruppen anyways? lol
11 Aug 2014, 13:14 PM

^^

If they'll be balanced they would be seen again, when the commander came out it was very powerfull, but having spammable, cons like units for the germans doesn't fit into their design if we follow the USF doesn't need a heavy tank 'cuz of design.
11 Aug 2014, 17:33 PM
Patrion 27

I personally like the design choice of no heavies for U.S. Forces. I think players still don't realize how amazing the M8 Scott is for late game. You can bleed the hell out of Axis infantry with them from long range and minimal micro and they get "oh shit!" smoke at vet 1.

I would rather see the M24 Chaffe (75mm gun on a highly mobile light tank) and/or M18 Hellcat (76mm gun and 92kph top speed)

Both had torsion bar suspension so their strength could be accuracy on the move like the EZ8 at the price of thin armour.
11 Aug 2014, 17:50 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

I personally like the design choice of no heavies for U.S. Forces. I think players still don't realize how amazing the M8 Scott is for late game. You can bleed the hell out of Axis infantry with them from long range and minimal micro and they get "oh shit!" smoke at vet 1.

I would rather see the M24 Chaffe (75mm gun on a highly mobile light tank) and/or M18 Hellcat (76mm gun and 92kph top speed)

Both had torsion bar suspension so their strength could be accuracy on the move like the EZ8 at the price of thin armour.

Exactly. USF have an great early and mid game, who wouldn't go for the Pershing doctrine every time? If they introduce the Pershing this faction needs some major changes.
11 Aug 2014, 17:51 PM
Patrion 15

I love the US, they are tied for my favorite faction with OKW, and honestly I don't want to see another heavy tank in the game. I actually like the USF late game, if you want to play a faction with late game heavy call ins, play the soviets or ostheer.
11 Aug 2014, 18:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2014, 17:50 PMluvnest

Exactly. USF have an great early and mid game, who wouldn't go for the Pershing doctrine every time? If they introduce the Pershing this faction needs some major changes.

I´m sure some people would still choose rifle company commander too.
14 Aug 2014, 14:42 PM

Permanently Banned
14 Aug 2014, 14:49 PM

Relic would find a way to balance the M26 Pershing if it was available.

Hope they will throw the M22 Locust at some point.

First one was not used during the period USF army is in game.

2nd one was never used, it was only a prototype. Makes as much sense as adding MAUS.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★