Login

russian armor

OKW death blob

8 Aug 2014, 23:41 PM

I'm mainly a Soviet player and I'm having a hard time dealing with this especially backed up by Jagdpanzers. It seems like no matter what I get they can out do whatever it is. If I get lots of infantry they will murder it because the Soviets have nothing to compare to blobs of Falls and Obers. If I get a half track and tanks, their shrek blobs that are mixed in with a possible Jadg or AT missle backing will always out AT me. A healthy mix will lose on all fronts.

It seems like the only thing the Soviets can do is just really cheesy tactics like multi snipers or fast flaming clown car with mines or slow down the blobs with a lucky Katyusha hit.

Anyone with any suggestions?

8 Aug 2014, 23:47 PM

ISU-152, it comes late and it's expensive, but if you can play the defensive game long enough, it'll make short work of any blobs you end up fighting.
8 Aug 2014, 23:51 PM

I mean if I were to save up enough, I would be overrun long before I get one.
9 Aug 2014, 00:00 AM

Maxim spam, Mass snipers, or shock blobs. Pretty much all the things the german players complain about. If you try to rely on cons or penals you'll just get run over.
9 Aug 2014, 00:02 AM

Shock troopers, particularly in pairs, can be very effective vs infantry blobs. Smoke, charge in, and watch the carnage. Don't expect a single shock squad to beast the entire blob though, as the number of opposing infantry always has to be accounted for.

If you are OK with less mobility then multiple maxim teams can shut down blobs. Just watch out for a stuka if you go this rout.

Also, as Mr. Someguy stated the ISU-152 is quite effective vs blobs as is the IS2.

Lastly, demo charges are invaluable against blobs. Build them on retreat paths, cover, or attack routs you expect the blob to take and enjoy.
9 Aug 2014, 00:19 AM

KV8
9 Aug 2014, 00:24 AM

Maxim spam, Mass snipers, or shock blobs. Pretty much all the things the german players complain about. If you try to rely on cons or penals you'll just get run over.

This.

Also use call-in tanks.
9 Aug 2014, 00:36 AM

T-34/85s

Flamethrowers on penals

Maxims

9 Aug 2014, 00:40 AM

T-34/85s

Flamethrowers on penals

Maxims

I've tried the flamethrower penals. It works to counter the sturm pios, but once the obers and other long range infantry start coming out, they die before they can make the approach. After that they are just as useless as the cons.
9 Aug 2014, 00:41 AM

T-34/85s

Flamethrowers on penals

Maxims

lol @ flamethrowers on Penals. They get instantly melted before they get one burst of flames out.
9 Aug 2014, 00:44 AM

KV8 is great and all but it comes out pretty late and you are pouring a lot of fuel praying they don't have a panther or jadg. That combined with all there other AT makes it a risky option. And it doesn't melt infantry like it used to.
9 Aug 2014, 00:50 AM

KV8 is great and all but it comes out pretty late and you are pouring a lot of fuel praying they don't have a panther or jadg. That combined with all there other AT makes it a risky option. And it doesn't melt infantry like it used to.
Cheese strats! Any sort of balanced play will get overpowered by overperformance of long range units.
9 Aug 2014, 00:59 AM

In team games it's sometimes feasible to get a couple SU76 out. 2-3 can give blobs a bad day
9 Aug 2014, 01:01 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

conscript spam with molotovs seems pretty good to me
9 Aug 2014, 01:06 AM

What's wrong with penal flamers? Rifle flamers are also pretty good if they are used correctly. You should have maxims, too BTW..............:-D
9 Aug 2014, 04:36 AM

What's wrong with penal flamers? Rifle flamers are also pretty good if they are used correctly. You should have maxims, too BTW..............:-D
Obers, falls, and upgraded fusaliers will destroy them before they even get to fire the flamer once. Long range weapons are extremely potent and OKW has no lack of them once the midgame arrives.
9 Aug 2014, 04:44 AM

I found that pressing the attack and bleeding your opponent will make blobs less deadly. If you have good map control, keep attacking the OKW. If you bleed them enough, you force them to keep reinforcing squads and it delays their upgrades. It almost forces them to keeping using blobs. After continuous pressure, you can save enough to bring in the arty or call in tanks
9 Aug 2014, 05:42 AM

It's beatable if you play it right with a lot of Maxims and shock troops in the early game and if you can kill one of their trucks.

If you can't get an ISU 152 late game, this is generally what happens:

Vaz
9 Aug 2014, 06:25 AM

Long range lmg are one of the worst things this game has done to coh, imo. I'd rather they be good short and mid than long and mid. Obers can do some really stupid stuff, like win against units in heavy cover while in open cover. The received accuracy bonus they get should only apply when they have at least light cover.
9 Aug 2014, 06:45 AM

Maxim spam, Mass snipers, or shock blobs.

This.

If you choose sniper spam try to pick a commander with Guards. Maxim spam is better with Shocks.

And try to stay alive till you can afford an ISU-152.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 41
Germany 746
unknown 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak