Login

russian armor

American off-map abilities need rework

5 Aug 2014, 10:14 AM

Good suggestions, Relic, take a look at this.
5 Aug 2014, 10:22 AM

If one call in gets its warning smoke removed other should to but of course increase the sound of the off maps firing and have units still yell out warnings and such.
5 Aug 2014, 11:03 AM

Great, let's make USF more cheesee then they already are.
5 Aug 2014, 11:13 AM

Great, let's make USF more cheesee then they already are.

Was it really neccesary to derail this thread?
5 Aug 2014, 11:52 AM

I agree with this, but I think it's only part of a bigger issue. The off-maps in general are a bit unbalanced since the WFA ones are comparably stronger than the older ones. To bring them in line they received some massive changes to be somewhat similar to the original ones, but this definitely needs some finetuning. Instead of just focusing on the USF artillery I'd rather in general do a complete pass over all the off-map abilities as there are problems that are not just USF related and if you do them all at once you might be able to balance them better. Just to denote a few:
- Ostheer Light Artillery Barrage destroying (not decrewing) static artillery
- Ostheer Sector Arty being more or less useless and incredibly map dependent
- Ostheer Strafe
- Ostheer Anti Tank Strafe
- Soviet Incendiary Artillery
- Mark Target
- A ton of those single-pass strafes

And probably a lot more I just forgot :P
5 Aug 2014, 15:45 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I agree with this, but I think it's only part of a bigger issue. The off-maps in general are a bit unbalanced since the WFA ones are comparably stronger than the older ones. To bring them in line they received some massive changes to be somewhat similar to the original ones, but this definitely needs some finetuning. Instead of just focusing on the USF artillery I'd rather in general do a complete pass over all the off-map abilities as there are problems that are not just USF related and if you do them all at once you might be able to balance them better. Just to denote a few:
- Ostheer Light Artillery Barrage destroying (not decrewing) static artillery
- Ostheer Sector Arty being more or less useless and incredibly map dependent
- Ostheer Strafe
- Ostheer Anti Tank Strafe
- Soviet Incendiary Artillery
- Mark Target
- A ton of those single-pass strafes

And probably a lot more I just forgot :P

Doing a complete overhaul of the entire off-map call in system is just asking for trouble. Incremental change is better. I'm not asking for anything huge here, just some small tweaks to existing values.

I'm also not saying those abilities are perfect. However, if they do need some attention, they probably deserve their own threads.
5 Aug 2014, 16:01 PM

The I&R Pathfinders artillery isn't what needs tweaking. It's the range! They can only call it in as far as they can shoot. This means that they have to run straight into whatever it is they want to actually use the artillery on.
Considering that they aren't really good for anything else and are a rather fragile squad this is pretty ridiculous. Especially when the major can do the same from the safety of behind the lines. Why waste manpower calling in a unit that does the same thing a unit I will have to eventually get by default can do better.
5 Aug 2014, 16:41 PM

Good thread with good suggestions, it's lame how you can't select the angle of a strafe.

I remember once I called in a P-47 and the Tiger 1-shotted it without firing a single rocket.
5 Aug 2014, 16:55 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

The I&R Pathfinders artillery isn't what needs tweaking. It's the range! They can only call it in as far as they can shoot. This means that they have to run straight into whatever it is they want to actually use the artillery on.
Considering that they aren't really good for anything else and are a rather fragile squad this is pretty ridiculous. Especially when the major can do the same from the safety of behind the lines. Why waste manpower calling in a unit that does the same thing a unit I will have to eventually get by default can do better.

Have you seen the major arty? its pathetic, so weak

If we are talking about strafes in general i would like it if all the strafes from Close Air support get the line that the stuka zu fuss and the doctrinal USA recon ahs.
5 Aug 2014, 17:20 PM

+1 to OP. Good points!
5 Aug 2014, 23:25 PM
Donator 11

Pathfinders can also cloak and come in much earlier in the game at "2" cps (actually 3).

I once had a pathfinder squad hide in the middle of minsk pocket barraging whatever defensive line he tried to make. The amount of "AMURICA OP" rage was glorious (even when I told him why it was happening). Then he got a tiger and won because US has a extremely difficult time chasing down damaged heavies.

Anyway, the range is fine as it's easy enough to either bypass defense with their huge sight range or simply crawl to the enemy. It then falls down so fast that anything with a setup time will be unable to avoid it. It's also worth noting that it stunlocks any vehicle hit.
20 Mar 2024, 11:16 AM
23 Mar 2024, 02:31 AM

Good suggestions OP

Agreed, but not too sure about this Katitof guy. Seems like a bit of a newbie to me.
24 Mar 2024, 14:52 PM

Good suggestions OP

come on. You can do better than this. Make a new thread instead of this quick and dirty defib tactic to keep the site alive.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★