Login

russian armor

Counter the Heavys with USF

4 Aug 2014, 09:38 AM

Jackson is a beast. Few of them will scare away Panther for sure. Sure it requires a bit more micro but hey, it's also relatively cheap.

Vet 5 Panther? That's some Macgyver stuff there. Have not seen that yet myself. It seems that the opponent really can micro his tanks if this happens.
4 Aug 2014, 10:36 AM

The penetration of jacksons is just sick.
The eat tigers for breakfast.

4 Aug 2014, 10:43 AM

The penetration of jacksons is just sick.
The eat tigers for breakfast.

A little over 50% to penetrate from max range.
66% at point blank range.
Oh the sickness of the penetration.

I'm not saying its low, I'm saying if you want to talk about sick penetration you should look at Panther.
4 Aug 2014, 11:12 AM

I hear Jagdtiger has pretty sick penetration
4 Aug 2014, 12:49 PM

My opinion: USF needs to take a more varied approach to anti-tank duty than the other factions, due to the weak penetration (without ability) of the M1 AT-gun and the fragility of the M36 Jackson.

Fortunately, however, you have a lot of tools at your disposal, and they work quite well together.
I especially feel that the Stuart and his disabling shot is quite underrated.
And even if you don't pen and thus don't get the Stun, you still Blind the target, allowing a Jackson to bring it on.
4 Aug 2014, 12:55 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Thread cleansed to suppress a flame war.

Please keep it clean guys. :)
4 Aug 2014, 13:16 PM

Quick note: I just noticed the description on the M23 Smoke Screen Grenade- it says "Any vehicles hit by the grenade will be temporarily blinded and slowed." Can anyone confirm that?
4 Aug 2014, 13:19 PM

Quick note: I just noticed the description on the M23 Smoke Screen Grenade- it says "Any vehicles hit by the grenade will be temporarily blinded and slowed." Can anyone confirm that?

If you still haven't been hit by it, yes, it snares, blinds and disables weaponry on the vehicle.

Pretty great support for countering tanks. Players just don't use it because they underestimate it like all other smoke abilities.
4 Aug 2014, 13:47 PM

Thank you guys for your comments . I think I need to learn the special micro with the USF ( Early smoke screen. I hope there will be an USF heavy in the future ( pershing ) but at the moment the USF need simply a tonn more micro than the Okw ( in 2vs2 3vs3 4vs4 )

And use Pershings HOW ?? there is non ... And one of you said spam Shermans . Realy only spam one tank ?? thats poor and the normal sherman isn´t effective against a panther armour.
4 Aug 2014, 14:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Aug 2014, 13:47 PMChris
Thank you guys for your comments . I think I need to learn the special micro with the USF ( Early smoke screen. I hope there will be an USF heavy in the future ( pershing ) but at the moment the USF need simply a tonn more micro than the Okw ( in 2vs2 3vs3 4vs4 )

And use Pershings HOW ?? there is non ... And one of you said spam Shermans . Realy only spam one tank ?? thats poor and the normal sherman isn´t effective against a panther armour.

I have witnessed in bigger games heavy usage of Shermans and that's effective as hell also (if you're able to get 3-5 them). They have the ability that in groups their dps and armor(?) grows.

Also easy eights are ok, but they don't go toe-to-toe with Panthers. But with some support you can win that fight also. They can also chase tanks down that Jackson has already damaged. However I would guess that they will raise the CP amount needed to get easy eights, then I would use them to support Jackson (which should come earlier).
4 Aug 2014, 14:21 PM

The Jackson's 200 penetration is still very good, especially once you start using the 30 Munitions (cheap as all hell) HVAP Rounds ability. I'm pretty sure that's buffs the penetration to somewhere around 350, as I've been able to penetrate Tigers from max distance rather reliably.

The Jackson is good enough. Although I'm not very up for seeing a Jumbo 76 - those things would be unstoppable.
4 Aug 2014, 14:22 PM

^^

I always felt that the vcoh and wfa airdropped 57mm is meant to 'ambush' armor from the flanks or rear. In theory at least...in practice it can be a big risk.
4 Aug 2014, 14:26 PM

The Jackson's 200 penetration is still very good, especially once you start using the 30 Munitions (cheap as all hell) HVAP Rounds ability. I'm pretty sure that's buffs the penetration to somewhere around 350, as I've been able to penetrate Tigers from max distance rather reliably.

The Jackson is good enough. Although I'm not very up for seeing a Jumbo 76 - those things would be unstoppable.

How many times do you keep JAcksons at short range?

Its realistic penetration is 160 at far range, because far range is when you will use it most.

The ability is great, but normal penetration is nothing exceptional and pretty average for a tank destroyer.
4 Aug 2014, 14:33 PM

Junbo will be nice because the KingTiger is already hard stoppable ... so wy not the USF ?
4 Aug 2014, 15:02 PM

@Katitiof
That 350 pentration also has drop off. If it follows the normal drop of the Jackson's penetration, it will STILL have 330 penetration at long range. Eat that, Tiger Tank.

@Chris
I've solo'd King Tigers with Vet 2 Jacksons (which is hardly difficult to get with the plethora of German armor). The Vet 1 HVAP Rounds ability is a necessity for it, but once you get that, it's very easy to kill King Tigers with 1 or 2 Jacksons.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★