Login

russian armor

July 22 Patch Notes

PAGES (8)down
23 Jul 2014, 06:45 AM

I decided to do some testing for some hard numbers:

math will save you some effort next time.

reload on the support gun is 6.5-7.1 seconds. multiply that by .87 and youll only save .85-.92 seconds per shot. the fact is, the old modifier of .4 was making weapon teams fire more than twice as fast. that was clearly not balanced for things like AT guns and mortars, but doesnt make a huge difference on small arms (which i believe is what relic intended these officers to be used for).

the officer is still useful. it gives small arms a 10% accuracy bonus, which means all your infantry will do 10% more dps, but doesnt help mortars/support gun much.
23 Jul 2014, 06:49 AM

Looks like they are slowly scrapping the resuorce starvation from okw.

Which is fine considering that in 1944 germans made more equipment than in any other year of the war.

Only change I am not sure about is 120mm nerf.
23 Jul 2014, 06:52 AM
Patrion 15

IMO the sturm officer was way more useful in buffing 2-3 volks than it was baby sitting support weapons. This change doesn't bother me.
23 Jul 2014, 07:29 AM

This one is complex i have to say.

Lets start with OKW -when i was reading the units changes i felt ok RIP to what was already the weakest faction (except high team games).I mean took away obers,last counter to maximspam in ISG.

BUT crucial change in 100% munitions..we don't have any idea what this is going to do to the meta.Also a slight buff on the luchs.
A MAJOR buff on the mg-34.Lets see if this helps vs maximspam.

Overall excited abt this new OKW-only disappointment-nothing on the panther.

USA-

Very good timely changes .Need to see if halftrack small nerf works.
Atleast the jeep and vet 2 got fixed.
Deserved change on pack howie and mortar halftrack.
Like teh stuart change-everybody gets truck and this should help diversify hopefully.
Overall it highly depends on how useful halftrack nerf is-if it works wehr might finally have more of a chance.However nothing was done to us blobbing.Easy eight will need future adjustments for OKW i'm willing to bet.

SoVIET -

Spot on changes to katyusha and isu.

WEHRMACHT -

Imo greatest failing of this patch..its like faction wa scompletely ignored.
Still same huge teching costs.
Large numbers of useless units due to this,among them FHT,brumm,werfer.
Panzergrenadiers still useless.
Most of all panthers still useless and elefant still useless..the 1 tank endgame is again encouraged.Farcical stuff here.

Ostheer is the best most rounded out faction in the game there is absolutely no problem with teching costs and tier4 except that its not that attractive only because stupid op call ins come way too early its a completely different issue. and call ins come too fast for all factions period.
23 Jul 2014, 07:34 AM

Looks really, really good. Can't wait to try it out.
23 Jul 2014, 07:39 AM

Ostheer is the best most rounded out faction in the game there is absolutely no problem with teching costs and tier4 except that its not that attractive only because stupid op call ins come way too early its a completely different issue. and call ins come too fast for all factions period.

If all heavy tank callins were 2 CP more, then Ostheer teching would be very balanced.

The problem is that Soviets can do T1 and T2, and hold for call ins, getting better tanks at cheaper fuel. At 20 mins an ISU can be called in.

By the time Ostheer can get a P4 and a panther, the soviets will already have an ISU a few mins earlier easily...

That's the main problem. Increasing the CP of heavy tank call ins is the best way to balance it imo. Saving up for heavy tanks should be more risky and longer to get. It benefits all factions to just increase heavy tank CP by 2. 20 minute heavy tanks is bad.

Ostheer also maybe needs its sniper, 250 and ostruppen looked at, but they are minor issues.
23 Jul 2014, 07:45 AM

OKW is now entirely way too good with no drawbacks. Just wait.....
23 Jul 2014, 07:46 AM

Dem patch notes. Gonna be a hell of a ride dis patch. Enjoy all. Gl to those in 4v4. RIP.

Anyone Figure out where this e-mail is supposed to be to get the rest of the details for the notes?

If all heavy tank callins were 2 CP more, then Ostheer teching would be very balanced.

The problem is that Soviets can do T1 and T2, and hold for call ins, getting better tanks at cheaper fuel. At 20 mins an ISU can be called in.

By the time Ostheer can get a P4 and a panther, the soviets will already have an ISU a few mins earlier easily...

That's the main problem. Increasing the CP of heavy tank call ins is the best way to balance it imo.

It benefits all factions to just increase heavy tank CP by 2. 20 minute heavy tanks is bad.

Ostheer also maybe needs its sniper, 250 and ostruppen looked at, but they are minor issues.

Teching cost and time is the biggest issue of Ostheer, I will stay away from it until they tweak it. After Rifles AT nade becomes working, there is not much hope left in Ostheer vs USF matchup, the M15AA wasn't the biggest nightmare of Ostheer, the vet 2 Rifles, CP0 clown car and M20 can defeat Ostheer very fast.
23 Jul 2014, 07:47 AM

Good changes overall.
Drastic change with the amo income indeed. It sounds nice but let's see what it gives. I hope it will not create inbalance.
One thing I don't understand. Why buffing katiusha and pzwerfer not? PzWerfer needed a buff more than katiusha.

23 Jul 2014, 07:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2014, 07:46 AMPorygon

Teching cost and time is the biggest issue of Ostheer, I will stay away from it until they tweak it. After Rifles AT nade becomes working, there is not much hope left in Ostheer vs USF matchup, the M15AA wasn't the biggest nightmare of Ostheer, the vet 2 Rifles, CP0 clown car and M20 can defeat Ostheer very fast.

I own U.S. very easily with Ostheer imo Ostheer best faction in the game easily. They didn't get anychanges becuase they don't need them. Yes U.S. has a slight early advantage but its no problems if you don't play stupid and then mid to late game is U.S. rape time no joke.
23 Jul 2014, 07:52 AM

That's the main problem. Increasing the CP of heavy tank call ins is the best way to balance it imo. Saving up for heavy tanks should be more risky and longer to get. It benefits all factions to just increase heavy tank CP by 2. 20 minute heavy tanks is bad.

THIS RIGHT HERE RELIC! i personally think t4 for germans is really good and balanced, but why would i get that when i could call in a freaking tiger. especially when i know i'm about to face heavy armor from my opponent, the tiger is going to help me more than a panther, even though i might be able to find good uses for all the t4 units
23 Jul 2014, 08:04 AM

Good changes overall.
Drastic change with the amo income indeed. It sounds nice but let's see what it gives. I hope it will not create inbalance.
One thing I don't understand. Why buffing katiusha and pzwerfer not? PzWerfer needed a buff more than katiusha.

Nope
Both units needed a drastic buff. Katyusha got it. I predict pwerfer will get it soon too.
23 Jul 2014, 08:11 AM

I own U.S. very easily with Ostheer imo Ostheer best faction in the game easily. They didn't get anychanges becuase they don't need them. Yes U.S. has a slight early advantage but its no problems if you don't play stupid and then mid to late game is U.S. rape time no joke.

Did you ever played against those Jeep/vet 2 company?
I doubt you really have a solution that Rifle on Jeep can make sure a full Gren squad wipe, before you can faust, or even your Gren reach your very first cut-off :/

Vet 2 company no longer have 3 Rifles on field while you only can build 2 Gren (thanks to CP0 call in without additional cost), that's nice, but I still doubt having 4 vet 3 Rifles (& even flamers) running around in the first 10 minutes can give any chance of survival for Ostheer.
23 Jul 2014, 09:02 AM

I played a little bit with the elite rifle company commander, i called in cca 6 rifles and noone had vet2, all of them were vet1. bad luck or you cant get vet2 rifles anymore ?
23 Jul 2014, 09:07 AM

Updated the ninja list a bit again

http://pastebin.com/d4xpzjcQ

Figured out that I was just derping around with the at nade ranges, still not totally sure what those ranges actually affect so removed them.

Fixed my derp with the M15 MGs, it was a reload change, not a rate of fire change.

Added a few new changes...including the fact that the OKW flak halftrack apparently got its setup time increased by 50%, because you know, Relic. The penalty gets removed again at vet2 because, you know, Relic. Also raketenwerfer squad members take more damage from small arms because they reduced their magic warp field and Luchs/JagdTiger move over twice faster (0.2 --> 0.5 speed multiplier) while they have their Cloaking Fields activated.

Fun fact: I suck.

I played a little bit with the elite rifle company commander, i called in cca 6 rifles and noone had vet2, all of them were vet1. bad luck or you cant get vet2 rifles anymore ?

Nope, hasn't changed. If anyone is interested, the vet riflemen callin gives a random exp amount of 560/660/760/860/960/1060/1120 at spawn, 16% chance of 560, 14% for the rest. Vet2 requires 1120exp so there's only 14% chance of spawning straight at vet2.
23 Jul 2014, 09:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2014, 09:07 AMCruzz
[...]the OKW flak halftrack apparently got its setup time increased by 50%, because you know, Relic. The penalty gets removed again at vet2 because, you know, Relic.

Pretty sure the vet2 bonus wasn't working before, so I guess they "fixed" it ...
23 Jul 2014, 10:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2014, 06:45 AMwooof

the officer is still useful. it gives small arms a 10% accuracy bonus, which means all your infantry will do 10% more dps, but doesnt help mortars/support gun much.

What is the DPS of the officer's squad itself? Would be interesting to know after how many nearby squads the officer is increasing overall DPS, compared just getting another Panzerfusilier squad.
23 Jul 2014, 10:26 AM

OKW has too much ammo now for the Core Design of this Army

The OKW is so designed poor in ammo and we must accept this, cause in 1944 the Germans had not much of it
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS