Login

russian armor

July 22 Patch Notes

PAGES (8)down
23 Jul 2014, 03:11 AM

The munitions changes for OKW are huge. Not only does it mean you can actually use abilities and stuff, but you can redistribute that to your fuel income and actually be able to produce the late game tanks in a 1v1.

23 Jul 2014, 03:29 AM
Patrion 15

The munitions changes for OKW are huge. Not only does it mean you can actually use abilities and stuff, but you can redistribute that to your fuel income and actually be able to produce the late game tanks in a 1v1.

This cannot be understated! The katty changes seem really over the top. I'm fearing for my life when playing with a forward HQ OKW.

Also, I'm really, really disappointed to see that the rifleman and fusilier AT nade was changed to match the conscripts. I would have liked to see conscripts AT nade match the previous rifleman version. Not looking forward to the hoards of rifleman and fusiliers insta-gimping vehicles for a negligible munition cost.
23 Jul 2014, 03:34 AM

That actually really worries me.

OKW are designed to be fuel starved: But altering the munitions income with a massive buff without tweaking the conversion rate of the supply truck could well be what throws that idea out of the window.

I'd need to do the maths on it to put my mind at rest (or not), but the implications are troubling

If the posted ninja changes are correct, then it means OKW got many hidden buffs. Silly Vetlolcake. It actually is pretty worrying, especially since they werent listed.
23 Jul 2014, 03:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2014, 01:07 AMCruzz
Gathered some minor ninja changes that weren't listed by looking at the game files (though some are listed now in the updated notes):

http://pastebin.com/MiVPbkjE

Not exactly well checked so can be taken with a grain of salt,but should be mostly correct.

Gosh I heart you.

This patch looked great. Than I read the unpublished stuff.

120MM Mortar received a damage nerf. 120 to 100.

It appears that most OKW armor has gone down in MP and Fuel

Jagdtiger 800/290 --> 800/250
Command Panther 560/200 --> 640/170
OKW Ostwind 280/100 --> 340/85
OKW PIV 720/210 --> 720/180
OKW Flak HT 270/45 --> 270/55

Assuming this is all real this is a huge buff to the OKW.
23 Jul 2014, 03:42 AM
Patrion 310

I don't understand why the Jagdtiger had its fuel reduced. Never saw anyone complain about its price. I think its pretty un viable in 1v1 but mainly because its probably better to have either a KT out if you get to that stage or a combination of Puma's / Panthers for AT.

In 2v2 and up the price seemed fine for me. It was expensive but its a really good AT unit.
23 Jul 2014, 03:47 AM

I lied. I played and felt the ninja changes. Wth?

It seems OKW penalties are being negated and slowly removed.
Vaz
23 Jul 2014, 04:15 AM

Well the penalties to OKW players seemed stupid and unjust to me. They have this design vision to try to mimic the state of the Wermacht at the battle of the bulge, but it doesn't work well to make a fair game.

+1 to the Katyusha, it's actually effectively doing the job it's supposed to do now. With the +10% veterency I have been able to get a kat to vet3 each game, just bashing the okw retreat truck. It's worked well to force them back. I was also able to retreat from obers without being obliterated at 25% health.

I've noticed a lot of players taking advantage of the ninja changes too, a lot of P4's from OKW players tonight.
23 Jul 2014, 04:20 AM

This will take a lot of adjusting to do. German mg's are miracle machines. At least the mg34. Though Soviet T4 actually got super appealing. Im going to see if i can troll in a 4v4 by going Soviet Industry and amassing katyushas, to see how people respond...
23 Jul 2014, 04:27 AM

The Sturmofficer is basically useless now with the ninja changes.

"Sturmoffizier reload bonus from 0.4 to 0.87 (they tried to make their previous mistake look smaller than it was)"

I used him in 4 games tonight and per the original patch notes I didn't think it would be that bad. But in practice it was terrible.

I use him to babysit my support guns. It used to actually do something. Now it basically does nothing. Save the MP and popcap for something else (like a second support gun!)

Why they nerf something that has a limited use and a big drawback is beyond me.

Edit:

I decided to do some testing for some hard numbers:

Support Gun with Officer in Range
- Time to fire all 4 barrage shots: 17 sec
- Time to fire 4 shots targeting ground: 26 sec

Support Gun with NO Officer in Range
- Time to fire all 4 barrage shots: 16 sec
- Time to fire 4 shots targeting ground: 27 sec

I ran this test over and over again. My margin of error is at most 1 second.

Looks like this officer literally has no affect on the support gun. It is a bit harder to test with infantry reload, but I doubt it is any better.

Now I can conclusively say the Officer is worthless.

23 Jul 2014, 05:15 AM

Overall, love the changes although there will be weird things.

Volksgrens' AI are like conscripts with molotovs and the unit is now buffed. Grenades can be used more regularly thanks to income.

The kubels are very easy to kill now, especially with rifle company. The nade homes and brings them down to 1/4th health.

The new rifle nade changes the behavior of fusiliers and riflemen vs vehicles significantly.

Stuart (armor buff) does well vs. Ost. Stuart still sucks vs. OKW. Sherman E8 demolishes Ost T3 for cost.
23 Jul 2014, 05:26 AM

Love all the change except the Sturmofficer.

0.87 reload almost means nothing. Remove their forced-mass-retreat penalty if they want to keep it like this. :(
23 Jul 2014, 05:37 AM

Katyusha very good now...played and its really pounding turtling by ostheer.Mgs and paks backed by tiger/pz 4 is no longer as good against katyusha playing soviet player.Sadly ostheer again children of a lesser god,existence not even acknowledged in patch.
23 Jul 2014, 05:51 AM

Lol kubel useless vs elite rifleman doctrine now, yay, how to control the blob at 2-5 minutes of the game now?
23 Jul 2014, 05:53 AM

Pzwerfer untouched presumably? Probably needs a bit of a buff if Katy is now a beast and the Stukka is an avatar of Bhaal himself.
23 Jul 2014, 05:59 AM

Pzwerfer untouched presumably? Probably needs a bit of a buff if Katy is now a beast and the Stukka is an avatar of Bhaal himself.

Panzerwerfer still delivers alpha strike with all its rockets hitting at the same time while katy barrage is spread over time.
23 Jul 2014, 06:02 AM

Lol kubel useless vs elite rifleman doctrine now, yay, how to control the blob at 2-5 minutes of the game now?

MG34 maybe?
I find the best solution of noobs vet 2 company is stay together in cover or house, crush away all yellow cover not favor in your side, push the rifles around with the truck, until you have good suppression unit.

The call in of vet 2 Rifles give USF a huge unit presence of field at early game, totally breaking the balance, dunno what would be like now but only 20MP doesn't worth that much free experience.
23 Jul 2014, 06:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2014, 06:02 AMPorygon

MG34 maybe?
I find the best solution of noobs vet 2 company is stay together in cover or house, crush away all yellow cover not favor in your side, push the rifles around with the truck, until you have good suppression unit.

The call in of vet 2 Rifles give USF a huge unit presence of field at early game, totally breaking the balance, dunno what would be like now but only 20MP doesn't worth that much free experience.

USF practically has to make 2 riflemen squads before being able to call in a vet squad because the cooldown is much longer (well, not longer, but you do have to wait for it). The ability is enabled in about 90 seconds, somewhere around there, but its more than a minute. Its not worth waiting for it without making normal squads.
23 Jul 2014, 06:17 AM

The kubel is pretty junk against US (even worse than before) now.

I largely believe that as the meta settles, volksgrens will start to be spammed and used like cons more with stumpios. (espec. by those using the spec ops and elite armored) Pretty much, non doctrinally, OKW doesn't have much in the way suppression weapons outside of the 20mm HT.
23 Jul 2014, 06:20 AM

The kubel is pretty junk against US (even worse than before) now.

I largely believe that as the meta settles, volksgrens will start to be spammed and used like cons more and more. (espec. by those using the spec ops and elite armored) Pretty much OKW doesn't have much in the way suppression weapons outside of the 20mm HT.

Doctrinal MG34 with 40% suppression increase and costing 210 mp isnt that bad anymore. Also, 20 mm flaktrack costs 10 fuel more... i think.
23 Jul 2014, 06:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2014, 06:02 AMPorygon

MG34 maybe?

Why must I choose crap doctrines with an MG34 for early game because of this rifle ATnade-tracked-direction-magical like con/gren's? I think it was fine, no change needed for pfusilier/rifleman, ffs.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS