Login

russian armor

July 22 Patch Notes

PAGES (8)down
23 Jul 2014, 00:23 AM

Usf and sov will still be too strong. Especially bc they didn't nerf m1919, Sherman, Jackson or maxims. And they even buffed katuushas. I think this will.help okw a little obviously but allies still OP noob blob faction imo.anyways
23 Jul 2014, 00:24 AM
Patrion 14

Have to say I do love the muni change for Okw. It will help a lot, means we can use more nade's and not worry about not having muni for Shreckvolks, also means if we chose to Convert Muni for fuel, it might actually be worth while now and get us more than +3/4 a minute, probably looking at about +8/10 with good Map Control - Might actually be able to semi compete with Fuel Cache builders late game. (I still think caches need adjusting, at least for 1v1/2v2 in team games unless its 4 OKW you will generally get some from a Wher ally)

I am worried if this will have too much of a big impact on okw's fuel income when they use resource conversion. wonder if relic actually thought about that indirect buff to okw fuel income. might be fine but who knows.
23 Jul 2014, 00:34 AM

Overall a really solid patch. I can still see a few things that'll be issues, namely defensive stance and I'm not sure that a 5 range nerf is enough on the m15. But I agree with all the changes. Will be nice to have full muni as okw - this is a HUGE buff.
23 Jul 2014, 00:39 AM

I find AA truck not as annoying as it was mainly because you can afford to equip these Volks with Shrecks now and throw some grenades in the mean time.

Also Puma counters it quite heavily right now.

Ammunition buff is the biggest one for OKW and it changes the faction completely. Suddenly Maxim spam is not an issue for me and Infantry blobs are easier to deal with. I hope it's not a placebo effect.
23 Jul 2014, 00:46 AM

Dear SturmPio Wire,

23 Jul 2014, 00:47 AM

I find AA truck not as annoying as it was mainly because you can afford to equip these Volks with Shrecks now and throw some grenades in the mean time.

Also Puma counters it quite heavily right now.

Ammunition buff is the biggest one for OKW and it changes the faction completely. Suddenly Maxim spam is not an issue for me and Infantry blobs are easier to deal with. I hope it's not a placebo effect.

I like how noone gives a flying fu*k about wehr. There's almost nothing proper to counter it expect a pak which is bullshit because any decent us player wont come anywhere close to where pak might be and use the halftrack to gain the upper hand in resources.
23 Jul 2014, 00:52 AM

100% OKW munitions: HUGE buff. Converting munitions to fuel should negate, perhaps even surpass the fuel penalty. Also, expect upgrades to be more common and OKW abilities and grenades to occur much more often. Approved.

That actually really worries me.

OKW are designed to be fuel starved: But altering the munitions income with a massive buff without tweaking the conversion rate of the supply truck could well be what throws that idea out of the window.

I'd need to do the maths on it to put my mind at rest (or not), but the implications are troubling
23 Jul 2014, 00:52 AM

God I hope the Pack howi is actually good now. I'm not sure if that mid/long damage is going to be enough for it to do a lot of damage. At least the gap between it and the ISG should have shrunk, praise the lord.
Vaz
23 Jul 2014, 00:53 AM

I really like these changes. Everything looks really intelligent. Even more so, my Soviet strategy uses at least 1 Katyusha to pressure/destroy OKW positions and blobs. I am disappointed the changes were not mirrored for the werfer though. I've always felt the werfer was a bit more harsh because of the tight circle, but typically changes to one are placed on the other.
23 Jul 2014, 01:02 AM

What a nice patch. The 100% munitions for OKW will be the biggest change. I will say it is a little disappointing the Maxim was not addressed, and the Ostheer tech is a little too expensive. Plus I would of liked to see a panther fuel cost decrease. Over all the other changes are great improvements to the game. Maybe the GTFOtruck meta will change as well (hopefully).
23 Jul 2014, 01:03 AM

I thought the special thing about the OKW was their teching structure (with the trucks) and their low fuel + ammunitions? This kind of takes away from what makes them special, I find, but I do realize it probably helps in the long run.

As a Wehrmacht player, I wish there had been some fixes for that faction. Like making T4 useful.
23 Jul 2014, 01:07 AM

Gathered some minor ninja changes that weren't listed by looking at the game files (though some are listed now in the updated notes):

http://pastebin.com/d4xpzjcQ

Not exactly well checked so can be taken with a grain of salt,but should be mostly correct.

23 Jul 2014, 01:34 AM

Used the pack howitzer. Don't know if it's worth a full 480, but at least it did something this time around. I will actually start using it now.
Vaz
23 Jul 2014, 01:36 AM

Damn those call in bonuses are attractive, price-wise.
23 Jul 2014, 01:44 AM

They raised the fuel cost on OKW Flak HT to 55.....WHY, the thing sucked, why the cost increase?
23 Jul 2014, 01:44 AM

Just tried the new katyusha. This thing is pretty boss now. Those rockets have so much AOE and do so much damage that blobbers (which seems like the majority of my OKW opponents) will have to actually spread out now.

Build two and you can alternate the barrage every 30 seconds. Just played a random game and my first barrage got 11 kills!
23 Jul 2014, 01:45 AM

MG34 sounds different.
23 Jul 2014, 01:50 AM
Honorary Member Badge

A lot of units would aim at things they shouldn't like tank destroyers aiming at infantry while tanks were in range. They fixed it.

somehow i doubt its all fixed. what i would bet my money on is that it was made better.
23 Jul 2014, 02:39 AM

Just tried the new katyusha. This thing is pretty boss now. Those rockets have so much AOE and do so much damage that blobbers (which seems like the majority of my OKW opponents) will have to actually spread out now.

Build two and you can alternate the barrage every 30 seconds. Just played a random game and my first barrage got 11 kills!

We will see how many people that claimed that Walking Stuka was a fine and balanced unit want the Katyusha nerfed.
23 Jul 2014, 02:43 AM
Patrion 27

One ninja change i didn't see listed is the OKW base flak guns emptying their 5 shot clips in less than a second. I thought it was a bug when I heard it firing at an opponent.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS