Login

russian armor

1v1 - W/L ratios of top player

15 Jul 2014, 03:21 AM

Permanently Banned
Good afternoon relic,

People think i am biased. But this is not true. I ask for a balanced game.

All posters on this forum like to say "L2P".

Well here is the proof

Did it no occur to you that the game is not currently balanced

US players achieveing 80%+ W/L ratios with ratios e.g. of USA 48 to 1 and 96 to 11. These are ridiculous figures

Direct comparison of Von ivan

Example:

3.mTw.VonIvan9511 W/L ratio .896+7 - US forces
3.mTw.VonIvan1 W/L ratio .727+4 - OKW
mTw.VonIvan1009165 W/L ratio .85+9 Soviets
mTw.VonIvan1009165 .772 - OH

OKW and OH far lower.

Cant count the number of threads addressing balance issues with Soviet and US forces. Why is this never fixed. To bring this to par.

Current issues:

Early game:

Maxim Spam
US AA truck
USA BAR blob
M3/Penal/Guards
Lack of OKW AT options/effectiveness
OH grens sucking bad vs Rifleman
OH severe lack of options vs USA

Mid to late

T-34 85 call in - OP
Panther sucking bad and being ridiculously expensive
IS2 - post buff
ISU152
15 Jul 2014, 03:37 AM

More aggressive early game factions = more wins when mismatched opponents. If your opponent is not on the same level as you, an early decisive engagement can skew the game in your favour much more readily than a slow late game burn of veterancy and stronger vehicles. In evenly matched games however in terms of skill, I'd expect any discrepancy to disappear.

15 Jul 2014, 03:41 AM
Honorary Member Badge

there are a ton of factors to consider with win loss ratio alone doesn't prove anything.
15 Jul 2014, 03:41 AM

Permanently Banned
More aggressive early game factions = more wins when mismatched opponents. If your opponent is not on the same level as you, an early decisive engagement can skew the game in your favour much more readily than a slow late game burn of veterancy and stronger vehicles. In evenly matched games however in terms of skill, I'd expect any discrepancy to disappear.

Apparently this is not true either. as US dominated the european competition
15 Jul 2014, 03:44 AM

Well...they are called Top players for a reason. I can see where you are going with this, but I don't think a general assumption that factions are unbalanced can be based on W/L ratio of good players. Propagandacast had a few great matches where the OKW eventually come on top in spite of the superior early game advantage of US.

Also, other threads do have discussions that are aimed at balancing, but they do provide stats that regards game mechanics to proove their point while also proposing a solution to be discussed. What are you trying to do with this thread?
15 Jul 2014, 03:50 AM

Permanently Banned
Well...they are called Top players for a reason. I can see where you are going with this, but I don't think a general assumption that factions are unbalanced can be based on W/L ratio of good players. Propagandacast had a few great matches where the OKW eventually come on top in spite of the superior early game advantage of US.

Also, other threads do have discussions that are aimed at balancing, but they do provide stats that regards game mechanics to proove their point while also proposing a solution to be discussed. What are you trying to do with this thread?

Early game exploits of Soviet and US nations are ruining balance.
15 Jul 2014, 03:52 AM

Early game exploits of Soviet and US nations are ruining balance.

Could you elaborate on what is ruining the balance? Perhaps share your thoughts with everyone so we can see from your viewpoint?
15 Jul 2014, 03:52 AM

Win loss ratio of the top 100 might also not be representative of the community at large. There is a lot of things that make top players different then the common player and they might be able to exploit things other players don't.
15 Jul 2014, 04:06 AM

I went to further check the stats of the top players W/L ratio on seperate factions. Player USA keeps a good win rate of 0.7 and above for all factions. VindicareX has a surprisingly higher win rate for OKW then any other faction, contrary to the trends. Jesulin has highest win rate for Ostheer as well. I now fail to see how your stats are justifying your claims.
15 Jul 2014, 04:07 AM

Permanently Banned

Could you elaborate on what is ruining the balance? Perhaps share your thoughts with everyone so we can see from your viewpoint?

Early game:

Maxim Spam
US AA truck
USA BAR blob
M3/Penal/Guards
OH grens sucking bad vs Rifleman with severe lack of options vs USA

Mid to late

T-34 85 call in - OP
IS2 - post buff
ISU152
15 Jul 2014, 04:10 AM

T-34 85 call in - OP

Your jokes make me laugh.
15 Jul 2014, 04:11 AM

Maybe those W/L ratios are because, and I could be wrong, because I'm obviously not VonIvan himself, due to the fact that he plays moar Soviets and U.S. than Ostheer/OKW, so he might be, idk, more experienced in that department.
15 Jul 2014, 04:11 AM

Its worth noting that many of VonIvan's wins were probably against player who were alot less skilled then him, not taking away from his skill. Auto matching is ok but not great, so its natural you will be matched against a lesser player.
15 Jul 2014, 04:14 AM

Its worth noting that many of VonIvan's wins were probably against player who were alot less skilled then him, not taking away from his skill. Auto matching is ok but not great, so its natural you will be matched against a lesser player.

That, that too.
15 Jul 2014, 04:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2014, 04:11 AMVonIvan

Maybe those W/L ratios are because, and I could be wrong, because I'm obviously not VonIvan himself, due to the fact that he plays moar Soviets and U.S. than Ostheer/OKW, so he might be, idk, more experienced in that department.

This.

15 Jul 2014, 04:22 AM

Early game:

Maxim Spam
US AA truck
USA BAR blob
M3/Penal/Guards
OH grens sucking bad vs Rifleman with severe lack of options vs USA

Mid to late

T-34 85 call in - OP
IS2 - post buff
ISU152

I can see that being an issue.
I play mostly 2v2 and above, so I often can avoid these issues. 1v1 these issues seem to be less easily countered. However I do believe all of these issues do have counters by all factions regardless whether the production of the counters are truly price effective.

Propagandacast do have a lot of vids that do prove OKW can win games. I will list the conters I know against the early game tactics of allies:

IG artillery and Ostheer Mortar : For both Maxim and Us blobs.
Ostheer Sniper: Zero counters for US early game.
Unbreakable wires: Effective entry denial that requires medium vehicles to crush. Effective against early M3 and US blob flank.
Assault Grens : Great pick against US rifle spam early game.
I got nothing for lack of AT though.
15 Jul 2014, 04:31 AM

Haha so blinded fanboyism you stated stats that dont prove anything to do with balance but prove vonivan prefered teams are Soviets / USF and is pro at using them. The fact is that there is so many factors into account.

15 Jul 2014, 04:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2014, 04:21 AMPorygon

This.

Coming from you Porygon I'm not surprised, or offended either.
15 Jul 2014, 05:03 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2014, 04:50 AMVonIvan

Coming from you Porygon I'm not surprised, or offended either.

Im sure you are quite happy using sovs and US since they are easy to use. Far easier, in fact and the items i mentioned in the list are being exploited to the maximum.

It is not your fault they are easy to use and currently OP. This comes down to relic laziness.
15 Jul 2014, 05:03 AM

Yep, because 100% of top players are ALWAYS against other top players.

Small population and small number of these top players being matched 90% against players of generally lower skill does have nothing to do with it and OPs logic is as accurate and as flawless as ever. :loco:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 18
South Africa 1
United Kingdom 136
Germany 22
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L