Login

russian armor

Opinion on recent responds Relic made regarding War Spoil

15 Jul 2014, 01:25 AM

'However prior to the system there was no way for players to receive free content based on their playtime, and there was only the option of buying content. While some people certainly prefer simply buying content, not everyone does and we've given out thousands of items to players who would not have normally had access to them before the system.' (that isn't strictly true, as the base game had unlockable commanders, skins and bulletins - which were all unlocked via playing the game)

Currently it seems Relic DON'T want money, and instead want to drip feed content.
As for why, who knows. Ironically this position shift has made people want to give them money, and actively request paid DLC.
15 Jul 2014, 01:46 AM

From the bottom of my heart, I thank you my dear Relic for has create an opportunity for me to finish other things in my life like:

Finish the light novel " The Old Capital " http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Old_Capital

Able to play great games: Valiant Hearts The Great War, Muramasa Rebirth !

If you keep thing like this, I might be able to go out in the weekend too!
15 Jul 2014, 02:02 AM

I like the way that people still think duplicates need 'fixed'.

Instead of the painfully obvious reality which is that duplicates exist to encourage purchase of DLC you want rather than wait for it.

It's pretty simple stuff. Give it time and the in game/steam store will have a load more stuff, fret not.
15 Jul 2014, 02:27 AM

Eh, blame the people who whined about the game being pay2win.

Relic should never had added fucking bulletins in the first place. They knew enough to make them utterly insignificant for the sake of balance atleast.

I'd be happier if I had the option of purchasing the commanders. No reason the two systems can't coexist.

Yeah man, as if the game wasn't pay2win. It's not like there were ever ridiculously overpowered premium commanders, no sir.

And Bulletins etc. were a complaint since Alpha. Just another bad design choice.
15 Jul 2014, 02:35 AM

Do i have to post all my duplicate faceplates again? FACEPLATES ARE WORTH NOTHING. THERE IS ZERO VALUE IN HAVING THREE EXTRA EACH OF TWO DIFFERENT FACEPLATES.

It should not be, no excuse.
15 Jul 2014, 02:53 AM

I like the way that people still think duplicates need 'fixed'.

Instead of the painfully obvious reality which is that duplicates exist to encourage purchase of DLC you want rather than wait for it.

You can't purchase any of the WFA Commanders...
15 Jul 2014, 03:05 AM

For me war spoil is just like the previous system, pleasing a portion of the player base and left the other portion disappointed. The only difference is that now the player base being pleased is switched, so those who prefer grinding than purchasing is currently pleased while previously those who prefer purchasing was happy.

Meh, so as Mr. Shocks in M3 balancing logic, one patch making Allies crazily OP, then a month of uberGren reign of madness, and switch again, and again.

BTW, it is just stupid that those commanders are way too better. It is closed to impossible beating those OP crap, Jeep (baby M3) or vet 2 Rifles without addition and even zero building time at CP0. Did they even test those bullshit?

Seriously even the Elite doctrine of Ostheer required 80/25 vetting a Gren. DAFUG are those call in vet 2 Rifles (best early game infantry) without additional cost?
15 Jul 2014, 03:32 AM

Porygon, you sounded like this is the first time you come to COH2 ?

I suggest you grab a coc... oh I mean a cup of tea and start reading some novels, not put too much mind in COH2 to balance yourself and become familiar with all of monthly bullshit ( Mostly it takes a month for patch or 2 right ? )

Cheers :D.
15 Jul 2014, 03:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2014, 03:32 AMKyle
Porygon, you sounded like this is the first time you come to COH2 ?

I suggest you grab a coc... oh I mean a cup of tea and start reading some novels, not put too much mind in COH2 to balance yourself and become familiar with all of monthly bullshit ( Mostly it takes a month for patch or 2 right ? )

Cheers :D.

Of course not and why?

BTW, I did spend at least 3 times of time enjoying tea and novels than gaming. B-)
15 Jul 2014, 04:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2014, 03:50 AMPorygon

Of course not and why?

BTW, I did spend at least 3 times of time enjoying tea and novels than gaming. B-)

Because I think most people who familiar with COH2 ( like you and me ) should know that mostly our crying and screaming will not do much, at least fast enough anyway :D ( Russian ISU and Mines was about 2 months isn't it ) :D ?

So er yeah, maybe Relic is trying to " save " us by making this War Spoils and let us with 2 choices:

- Spend tons of time in this game and pray your RNG god for the dear Commanders.

- Or fuck off from the PC and do other things :D.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT GOD RELIC !
15 Jul 2014, 04:37 AM

Just a great example of how Relic Half Bakes Everything.

COH1 TOV

Game is released with a terrible campaign and several new multiplayer units which completely destroy any kind of online competitiveness for nearly a year. Things like the Roo spam, or the super pak.

Conclusion: Half Baked.

COH1--->COH2

Commanders are released and initially seem like an amazing opportunity. Relic is quoted several times claiming that each commander is going to be unique and effective in their own right.

Fast forward to now where basically a handful of commanders are useful due to the vast majority of abilities and units being completely neglected in terms of effectiveness. Anyone used ostruppen lately? Or maybe the NKVD disruption tactics?

COH 2 WFA

Relic scraps the "Pay to Win" model in favor of a "Play for nothing" model that goes from appealing to a small majority of the community to outright pissing off the entire community. The warspoils system makes absolutely no sense when viewed under a microscope. Endless double items,countless useless bulletins, and no access to new content.

This company is fucking absurd in how little thought and planning they put into anything, yet somehow their is genius in their titles. Just makes you wonder if a dart board and a suit chimp are sitting in the Lead Designer chair...

15 Jul 2014, 05:09 AM

Eh, blame the people who whined about the game being pay2win.

Relic should never had added fucking bulletins in the first place. They knew enough to make them utterly insignificant for the sake of balance atleast.

I'd be happier if I had the option of purchasing the commanders. No reason the two systems can't coexist.

Basically this.

Commanders at the very least need to be purchasable OR current duplicates need to be tradeable/exchangable for different random or selected ones dpeending on number of duplicates you use in the process.

The current system is absolutely nothing more then trying to drop a legendary loot on one boss in mmo after a long grind of an instance.

AKA bad for everyone who does have what resembles a life.
15 Jul 2014, 05:26 AM

"working as intended".

And I thought those dark days of WOT were over. Looks like after being accused of P2W, Relic has decided to take a lesson from Wargaming. (Screw them all)
15 Jul 2014, 12:38 PM
Patrion 14

I wish, that Relic rep could explain me why i have the same commander i paid for , 3 times .Obviously they have no control over "their" loot system and am pretty sure everything is totally random....Am just saying..Actually i feel it is quite insulting to give me as loot 3 times something that i have already paid for....No respect for money no respect for customers....SIMPLE AS THAT
15 Jul 2014, 13:06 PM

Just a great example of how Relic Half Bakes Everything.

COH1 TOV

Game is released with a terrible campaign and several new multiplayer units which completely destroy any kind of online competitiveness for nearly a year. Things like the Roo spam, or the super pak.

COH1--->COH2

Commanders are released and initially seem like an amazing opportunity. Relic is quoted several times claiming that each commander is going to be unique and effective in their own right.

Fast forward to now where basically a handful of commanders are useful due to the vast majority of abilities and units being completely neglected in terms of effectiveness. Anyone used ostruppen lately? Or maybe the NKVD disruption tactics?

COH 2 WFA

Relic scraps the "Pay to Win" model in favor of a "Play for nothing" model that goes from appealing to a small majority of the community to outright pissing off the entire community. The warspoils system makes absolutely no sense when viewed under a microscope. Endless double items,countless useless bulletins, and no access to new content.

This company is fucking absurd in how little thought and planning they put into anything, yet somehow their is genius in their titles. Just makes you wonder if a dart board and a suit chimp are sitting in the Lead Designer chair...

Pretty much... COH 1 & 2 are amazing games. But what you say is true. I wholeheartedly agree.
15 Jul 2014, 13:47 PM

wy you guys complaining free stuff new commanders different tactics and stuff must say that im truly happy having free commanders ,if you want to give money to relic open a request for african campaign and make a donation for relic to star working in new projects our a campaign in italia our new italian commanders there soo moutch that you could ask for relic to work and focus the game got a few bugs but in balance its almost perfect realy i will like to see a new campaign in asia will be nice and if you got money to spend spend it making on the future of relic to expand the game !
15 Jul 2014, 14:47 PM

wy you guys complaining free stuff new commanders different tactics and stuff must say that im truly happy having free commanders ,if you want to give money to relic open a request for african campaign and make a donation for relic to star working in new projects our a campaign in italia our new italian commanders there soo moutch that you could ask for relic to work and focus the game got a few bugs but in balance its almost perfect realy i will like to see a new campaign in asia will be nice and if you got money to spend spend it making on the future of relic to expand the game !

omg why did i spend time reading this ? Nobody is complaining about the "free stuff". People who actually have a real life with commitments do not appreciate the fact that they can't have access to this "free stuff" you are talking about. One day you'll understand, but you aren't ready yet.
15 Jul 2014, 14:54 PM

I have to admit that playing against the unlocked commanders for Amer and OKW is becoming really annoying. I have lots of play time and I get a single useless commander drop (Storm doctrine) and I have to go against good commanders.

If you are going to make it random it needs to be easy for everyone to get on the same field. It's really not fun to feel like you are losing to something you can't have because of random luck.

I honestly feel like I paid for 3/4's of a game.
15 Jul 2014, 15:01 PM

Hopped on over here from the official CoH boards because they're of the opinion that the devs listen to you guys more, but I see the same frustration abounds here as well.

wy you guys complaining free stuff new commanders different tactics and stuff must say that im truly happy having free commanders

But I'm not getting free commanders. I'm not getting any commanders at all, and there is no guarantee that I will ever get commanders. In the old system I got commanders for leveling up, I could purchase any extra commanders that interested me, and occasionally they just gave away commanders to the whole gaming community.

Now I have a treadmill. I'm already level 142 or whatever and have not seen hide nor hair of any of the eight new commanders available. In fact, I haven't even seen any of the old commanders drop. I did get a whole big bunch of useless bulletins and faceplates, though, so yay?
15 Jul 2014, 15:21 PM
Patrion 15

I don't understand why there isn't a currency system. If they want to reward players for spending time in game, having an exact number to shoot for is much more rewarding than feeling consistently disappointed. They could even make the hours played similar to the number it would take to get them dropped randomly.

The current system leaves me feeling consistently disappointed and frustrated, with only a fleeting moment of happiness when you get the drop you want. Having a currency system would give players the feeling of working towards, and accomplishing something of significance, it's really not hard to see how that would be a much better solution
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 66
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment