Login

russian armor

Balance Wehrmacht vs. US

14 Jul 2014, 21:30 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2014, 21:27 PMBidet
this poll can't be faire because there more than 80% of german player on this forum

Actually both allied and german players are likely to vote "bad" if they are struggling vs the other faction...
14 Jul 2014, 21:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2014, 21:22 PMRomeo

That's exactly what I'm saying. It's not a matter of game balance. I agree that some units need to be tweaked, but currently a more skilled Ostheer player will defeat a less skilled US player, and vice versa.

yep plus one. AA HT neefs some tweaking thats all. Also ass grens butt fuk rifles if used proppely;-)
14 Jul 2014, 21:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2014, 21:27 PMBidet
this poll can't be faire because there more than 80% of german player on this forum

People play this game without trying all the factions?
14 Jul 2014, 22:01 PM

Permanently Banned
Texh cost and weak ass gres are the priblem. We all know us blob is briken and melts all. Us aa half track is just lol damage
14 Jul 2014, 22:30 PM

Main problem is halftrack..u can't deal with rifle blob AND this death machine forcing an early pak at the same time in most cases.Secondary problems are rifles beating grens easily at all ranges,long range being somewhat of an issue and mg 42 not always suppressing reliably.I too have had occasional success with the sniper..until the halftrack comes out.I manage to beat noobs who charge rifles at ur grens without cover from behind cover-especially if i have a lmg42 or mg 42..but otehr than this highly lopsided scenario odds are always against u against sensible players.Wehrmacht unfortunately right now is almost autowin for usa due to rifle-halftrack combo.
14 Jul 2014, 22:53 PM

I was tempted to vote "awful", but overall while it's not great, it could be worse. USF is chock full of advantages against Ostheer, everything from their basic Infantry easily beating Grenadiers (yes they cost more, but they come out faster), to the M36 dominating OH T3 in short order while T4 is unreachable. Then cheese strats like Vet Riflemen, WC51's, and rolling rifleblobs of death. M1919 LMG's also let small groupings of Riflemen overwhelm Ostheer's MG's and decimate LMG Grenadiers. Plus the M15, that thing will kill a 222 in half a burst and use the rest of that burst to suppress all your troops.

I won't vote "awful" because it is possible to win as Ostheer, but it's certainly not in a healthy state.
14 Jul 2014, 23:10 PM

I'm going to play ostheer vs. USA. I haven't done it a single time since WFA came out.

Any tips?

I like grens, reinforce ht, fast stugs, and tigers. how are stugs?
14 Jul 2014, 23:54 PM

I'm going to play ostheer vs. USA. I haven't done it a single time since WFA came out.

Any tips?

I like grens, reinforce ht, fast stugs, and tigers. how are stugs?

Get a sniper. Don't try and match riflemen with grens, use them as more of a supporting unit not a mainline unit.

Stugs aren't a bad option, particularly if he goes captain tech for stuarts. It also helps with the m15 and any t4. Very cost effective counter to the Sherman.

15 Jul 2014, 00:32 AM

^^

That's what I was thinking as well as they have that extra man and two weapons slots. How many HMGs? I was thinking a mortar also but the US is not campy with infantry.

15 Jul 2014, 00:53 AM

LOLLLLLL.

Let me guess you use one of the following absusive and game exploiting (ruining) OP items.

US aa Half track

US BAR infantry blob

T-34 85 call in

ISU 152

Maxim spam

IS2

Con/m3/Pneals/Guards

Sov sniper

Let me get this correctly, you can't use any heavy call in tanks or any infantry units as soviet because they are OP and "ruining" the game. Dumb. All of those units have counters and can be countered when engaged correctly.

To anyone saying you can't beat US as Germans just has trouble adapting. You have all said what the US player is likely to do in a 1v1/2v2, so fucking adapt to that strategy. It's the same way you win as OKW. You group your shit up and play it close. You don't send a rifle squad to every point all around the map you support your units.

I like 2-3 gren squads into a HMG/sniper/mortar depending on map and what I see early on. Keep the grens relatively close together and at a distance from enemy inf. Grens do a lot of damage at range and will kill off a couple squad members if they close in on you.

Just gotta wait it out for tier 2 which doesn't really take all that long. Grab a pak next and ride it out for that AA HT. I don't bother trying to faust it because thats asking for a squad wipe. A quick tech into T3 and grab a stug and you will be able to take on ALL of the US armor with a pak.

15 Jul 2014, 01:07 AM

What don't they make the Quad more of a flimsy suppression platform similar to CoH 1? Real long range, low-moderate damage and decent suppression?

When you look at the American tech tree, it looks like the mortar and Quad should exchange places.
15 Jul 2014, 20:07 PM

I played with Ost vs US; I had no problem. The mechanized assault strat was effective. (Assault Grenadiers (unlike Sov, the US do not have shock troops or non doc flamethrowers)).

Stug es can knock out stuarts and light vehicles easily.

Tigers are highly effective and even more so than vs soviets.
15 Jul 2014, 20:41 PM

I played with Ost vs US; I had no problem. The mechanized assault strat was effective. (Assault Grenadiers (unlike Sov, the US do not have shock troops or non doc flamethrowers)).

Stug es can knock out stuarts and light vehicles easily.

Tigers are highly effective and even more so than vs soviets.

Now try it without ass grens.
15 Jul 2014, 20:54 PM

I will.

It may be premature to say it, but the assgrens, 250 PzG, and stugs work pretty well against US rifles. The whole call-in doctrine tears them up and exploits their weaknesses as a faction.

It's ironic that the assgrens commander is now on free trial.
16 Jul 2014, 06:58 AM

I dislike the leaps and bounds of difference in these factions. Ostheer and Soviets was okay depending which patch it was (lol).

But relic really threw it in our faces with WFA.

USF WILL dominate early game, no exception. If you don't have a certain map with choke points for your MG's you are in for a LONG match of pressing the reinforce button on your infantry. Get headache medication.

OKW WILL dominate late game, no exception. You tech'd up to shermans? Hit yourself with a frying pan. You were dumb enough to let OKW get 5vet volks, Obers, and a king tiger. Dumbass !
16 Jul 2014, 08:59 AM

So Wermaht got single commander that is somehow useful against US and allows you to survive early game pressure other than that US-WM match up heavily favors US. OKW it's a different story but there is no denying US is the strongest army right now. When people figure out what to do in the late game it will be even worse. Right now games don't even last that long to be able to experience US late game.
Still waiting for some serious adjustments and proper balance patch.
16 Jul 2014, 09:06 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't assgrens fare as badly against rifles as they do against penals, even before BARs and M1919s?

Stug Es and Tigers are undoubtedly good, as is the Ace, but without them T3 armor is very effectively countered by Jacksons even without 57mms, and it's difficult to keep the infantry superiority required for Paks/shrecks to push away the Jacksons.
16 Jul 2014, 13:42 PM

^^

I had 2 matches with Assgrens and it worked well. I both games I did not even tech T3 and just went Stug E, Tiger.

The problem with fighting soviets with melee units are all those fast maxims and fast flamers (penal, M3, engineer) that counter assgrens pretty well. Mortars, too. Shock troops tear up Assgrens. But Vs US, they are weak/deficient in these areas.

@3 CPs, 250 Halftrack w/ pzgrens helps a lot, too.

@ 6 CPs, the Stug E comes much before the US can deploy their first T4 unit, so there's an opportunity. Normally vs Soviets the stug E runs into the first T-34 pretty soon. The Stug E knocks out the AA HT and stuart very easily.

The assgrens doctrine puts a lot of pressure on the US faction.
16 Jul 2014, 17:24 PM

Fighting US in 1v1 is a pain.

On maps with lots of shotblockers and cover you might as well just surrender, because your mg42s will rarely ever be of use and grens can't stand their ground alone vs rifles.

Due to the high dps of US Infantry you need to be ultracareful with your own Infantry because they simply melt to BAR/1919 fire.

All you do as OH is trying to hold on to one fuelpoint and hoping to survive long enough to bring out a Tiger.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★