Login

russian armor

US late game

and
12 Jul 2014, 19:17 PM

Adjusting veterancy is the wrong way to fix early/late game balance. You should not be fucked if you lose squads you can not replace.

I think rather the way to about it is to buff axis early game infantry but nerf their late game. Throw in a slight nerf on the US LMG too if needed.
12 Jul 2014, 22:53 PM

Just had a game vs Rifle Company, it's amazing, it gives the USF a reliable medium tank for mid-late-game.
12 Jul 2014, 23:20 PM

Doesn't the M1919 dole out the same DPS as the LMG42?

And the BAR, for that matter, is pretty much an FG42 (that you can have, at most, two of).

Other than defensive stance, the problem here is...?
12 Jul 2014, 23:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jul 2014, 23:20 PMVolsky

And the BAR, for that matter, is pretty much an FG42 (that you can have, at most, two of).

two m1919a6 is amazing. they can own every infantry in the game except for the ober.

you can leave the bazooka to the rear ech and captain while equipping double m1919a6 on the rifleman. It will tear through most infantry force.
13 Jul 2014, 00:04 AM

If I remember correctly M1919A6, for some reason, have enough inherent suppression to suppress squads even without defensive stance. Defensive stances just makes it faster. And yeah, their long range DPS is absurd. Combined with the ability to spam the hell out of them, they become very problematic.
13 Jul 2014, 00:28 AM

Has anyone tried using the M2 Machine Gun? I rarely see them in casts or streams, even though it's stronger and more mobile (lol?) than MG 42's, and those are used nearly every game despite their weaknesses.
13 Jul 2014, 00:36 AM

I usually get 2. I find their suppression abilities to be not that good and the firing arc isn't generous, either. They do good damage, though.
and
13 Jul 2014, 00:43 AM

Not sure I would dare using M2's because of how insanely deadly the ISG is
13 Jul 2014, 03:24 AM

If you want to win late game as any faction right now all you have to do is blob.
13 Jul 2014, 22:54 PM

I have not played too many WFA games, but from my Alpha and live experience, i'd have to generally speaking agree with Ciez observations on USF mid-late game. Outside of the AA halftrack, USF have some very strong units/upgrades such as the Utility car, Paratroopers, M1919A6 and Jacksons.

The only real composition I find they struggle against late game is a combined arms Ostheer player who keeps it tight and strangles the game with that magic composition of a few gren squads, mg42's, Halftrack, Pak(s) and armour (t3/Stug E or Tiger/Elephant). Some maps are better for that then others. But tbh, Soviets also struggle heavily if Ostheer make it that far as the synergy is great and requires a mistake by the Ostheer player or something out of the hail mary play book to break it down.

14 Jul 2014, 05:49 AM
Patrion 15

I think the Puma is terribad as well, its pathing is worse than AIDS. As for everything else? I don't know what pipe you're smoking.

Dude...pumas are one of the most cost effective anti tank vehicles in the game, their pathing is totally fine. Highly mobile, great LOS, great range, smoke, AND a vehicle stun? The unit is an absolute BEAST. Its the only saving grace for the OKW at the moment. This statement made me do a double take. :faint:
14 Jul 2014, 05:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jul 2014, 23:20 PMVolsky

Its not the M1919 itself, but the fact that you can get two.

I believe relic went way overboard with increasing infantry lethality by giving WFA armies immense, unthinkable before AI damage.

What before Quad M5 did from med/close range now rifles and obers can do at max range.
16 Jul 2014, 11:56 AM

The Americans are just broke through and through, its not just late game, you have to play reactive all the time not proactive, they have no offensive punch.

I played extensively when the Russians where out gunned after the weapon profiles where implemented when I thought the balancing of this game was at its worst but and I am sorry but the Americans are twice as bad.

Relic need to address this as soon as possible.
16 Jul 2014, 13:02 PM

The Americans are just broke through and through, its not just late game, you have to play reactive all the time not proactive, they have no offensive punch.

I played extensively when the Russians where out gunned after the weapon profiles where implemented when I thought the balancing of this game was at its worst but and I am sorry but the Americans are twice as bad.

Relic need to address this as soon as possible.
The lack of a non-doctrinal early-mid game indirect is really hurting the US. They really need to give the pack buffs because right now the US have a huge hole in their army.

It's especially noticeable when the OKW start bunkering up with the medic truck.
16 Jul 2014, 14:48 PM

Rifle Company offers a good lategame in the form of already vetted Rifles and the Easy Eight which seems like a slightly cheaper Panther from what I've gathered. of course the problem is actually getting the damn commander in the first place.

Jacksons are also excellent tank destroyers and howie Stuarts are mini-ISUs that can rip infantry apart. Apart from the manpower drain and lack of good heavy tanks apart from one company, US lategame is decent I find.

I can correct that for you. Not even close. They are an upgrade on the regular shermans but they are still not in the class of a panther.
16 Jul 2014, 17:27 PM

Easy Eight which seems like a slightly cheaper Panther from what I've gathered..

lol
16 Jul 2014, 18:08 PM

and the Easy Eight which seems like a slightly cheaper Panther from what I've gathered.

Sure it is.

And Brummbar is a slightly cheaper ISU.
16 Jul 2014, 18:29 PM

I feel like 50% of USF's late game problems could be solved by increasing M36 Penetration. The other half is Vet 5 OKW's, which is obviously only a problem against competent OKW players.
16 Jul 2014, 18:33 PM

The other half is Vet 5 OKW's, which is obviously only a problem against competent OKW players.

The new veterancy profiles should help with that.
16 Jul 2014, 19:00 PM

The lack of a non-doctrinal early-mid game indirect is really hurting the US. They really need to give the pack buffs because right now the US have a huge hole in their army.

It's especially noticeable when the OKW start bunkering up with the medic truck.

Agreed, vet ISG's or mortars late game are a real pain, no real way of countering when they are deep inside an OKW line, just chip away at you.

US seem to be good at setting up good early defensive line but they suffer from lack of late game offensive units to push the advantage, you just sit back and wait for Shrek Inf blob that wipes out your Jacksons followed by heavy armour (usually Tiger B). This pattern happens about 80% of the time I would say.

I don't want the only option to be blob Rifles early and just chase him to the base to strangle the game.

I think they need to put a decent heavy tank in the tier 4 to counter late Axis Armour superiority or just let me buy the rifle command doctrine with the Easy 8, which is apparently the only savour.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★