Login

russian armor

Umm US Jeep?

7 Jul 2014, 16:14 PM

Yeah, OKW has the Raketenwerfer although forcing them to get one right on match start is a victory in itself. Wehrmacht doesn't have T1 AT so they're still fucked.

Relic just needs to quit it with the 20 second vehicles. If it's gonna come that early, it has to be like the Kubelwagen, easily countered by normal units.
7 Jul 2014, 16:28 PM

The US have a jeep?
7 Jul 2014, 16:28 PM

people seem to be forgetting the balance issues with the ostheer. they dont have shreks or AT tier 1.
7 Jul 2014, 16:39 PM

The M3 is still a comparatively strong unit if well microed, however, you need a flamer to really do the DPS. I think its ok right now. The jeep on the other hand, if crewed with rifles, does not need that sort of investment, and it requires no tier either. Again, on larger maps, with longer retreat paths, its an almost foolproof unit to get early squadwipes. Load up the rifles, drive straight into the unit of your choice, chase it down and kill it - and you will kill it given short range rifle dps plus .50 cal. No OKW player will get a Püppchen first or second, and if he does, he is screwed anyways against otherwise rifle heavy play. Wehrmacht won't have 30 munis for the faust early, and its predicament will therefore be even greater.
7 Jul 2014, 17:07 PM

The Dodge are 20 fuel, 200 ish MP each.
7 Jul 2014, 17:12 PM

Actually, its less durable then soviet M3 with 0.2 less armor and 20 less HP.

.2 less armor has less than a 1% difference in chance to pen from the front. the jeep has 1.3 more rear armor though, making it much less susceptible to flanks (13% less chance to pen compared to the m3). the jeep also still has enough hp to survive a direct hit from an AT gun and get away.
7 Jul 2014, 17:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2014, 16:28 PMJaigen
people seem to be forgetting the balance issues with the ostheer. they dont have shreks or AT tier 1.

Panzerfaust, Teller mines, HMG42 also got a decent penetration against them.

@Woof
I've never said its a big difference, just that its less survivable :)

@CoH2player
Its 290mp 10fu.
7 Jul 2014, 17:19 PM

I am fairly certain that they are 20 fuel. The M3 @ 3 CPs is 35 fuel.

I played a match with them yesterday. They eat into the fuel income early if 2 are called in.
7 Jul 2014, 17:32 PM

I am fairly certain that they are 20 fuel. The M3 @ 3 CPs is 35 fuel.

I played a match with them yesterday. They eat into the fuel income early if 2 are called in.

They are currently 240MP and 20FU. Don't know what they were in the Alpha, but that's what they are now. I'll go screenshot it in a moment.
7 Jul 2014, 17:43 PM

Panzerfaust, Teller mines, HMG42 also got a decent penetration against them.

lol mines? 1cp into the game and Ostheer have enough for how many? Maybe one, which the jeep will avoid no doubt because its a huge map.
7 Jul 2014, 18:21 PM

Its still an option.

Hell, you can forget tellers and just get LMG on grens, it will shred it.
8 Jul 2014, 00:23 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Its still an option.

Hell, you can forget tellers and just get LMG on grens, it will shred it.

At 4 mins, which has already deal it´s damage. Since it´s a callin and how the faction works, it´s not a "tech" investment.
Then you have a 3CP HT with reinforcement capabilities with flamer include in contraposition to either 5CP HT (Lend Lease) or 3CP non reinforceable Mechanized Gren LMG/PG Groups.
8 Jul 2014, 01:26 AM

I had to pleasure luck to play a few games with the US Jeep and the mechanised company in general:

WC51 feels pretty much like a M3 scout car, but with one major difference: It is slow as fuck. It takes ages to turn an accelerate, which makes it kinda balanced i guess.

M3 Half-track has great damage output (with flamethrower assault engineers) and squad wipe potential, but dies in 2 schreck hits.

155mm Artillery strike is pretty good, but should not one shot OKW T1/2 buildings.

Overall i think infantry company with AA HT and 1919s is still the way to go as USA.
8 Jul 2014, 01:47 AM

don't worry about it, only few people have access of those commanders.
8 Jul 2014, 02:34 AM

New insight: The damage output of the WC51 with Riflemen inside especially up close is too damn high. As OKW, you are forced to get a Raketenwerfer out, which is not a good thing.
8 Jul 2014, 03:22 AM

New insight: The damage output of the WC51 with Riflemen inside especially up close is too damn high. As OKW, you are forced to get a Raketenwerfer out, which is not a good thing.

It only gets worse when you double BAR the squad inside.

Which happens at 35 total fuel/120 muni into the game. A few minutes at most.
8 Jul 2014, 03:26 AM

The US have a jeep?

I'm assuming the doctrinal one, because the jeep being discussed here resembles nothing like the jeep USF gets in Tier 2.

Why is it a bad thing that people are forced to build counters for units? Do you complain that your rifles don't penetrate a Tiger?

Anyhow, if the Jeep is coming out this early and is causing these problems, then it should be looked at. The M3 rush gameplay was cheesy and shitty as fuck, if it's being replicated it should be stamped out. I haven't managed to use it, only see it second hand, so I can't have an informed opinion on this matter other than what I've read/seen.
8 Jul 2014, 03:31 AM

yes a 0 cp vehicle is just like a 12 cp tank. you should have all your counters built by 0 cps
8 Jul 2014, 03:39 AM

Anyhow, if the Jeep is coming out this early and is causing these problems, then it should be looked at. The M3 rush gameplay was cheesy and shitty as fuck, if it's being replicated it should be stamped out. I haven't managed to use it, only see it second hand, so I can't have an informed opinion on this matter other than what I've read/seen.

You can't spam them the same way, and they're not nearly as mobile. Frankly, they're just about the same as the actual M3 is right now; clearly, no faust means OKW struggle with both.

The time between first M3 and first Dodge is pretty much no difference, though. Dodge mounts tougher squads, M3's are a lot more mobile (and a smidge more durable).

Every subsequent unit takes longer than every next M3. They're 240/20 rather than 190/15, after all.

They also can't mount flamers, but can invest in BARs instead- these take longer to get, but not by much.

Frankly, they're the exact same thing in US paint jobs.

The only real davantage the dodge has is it can pop the crew out, patch up faust damage and flee. But any decent M3 use has combat engineers to do the exact same thing.

For your extra cost, you get a rifle squad to defend your emergency repair crew, and can keep your vetted crew for a later vehicle if you so desire.
8 Jul 2014, 03:43 AM

Why is it a bad thing that people are forced to build counters for units? Do you complain that your rifles don't penetrate a Tiger?

It's bad because going for AT counters 2 minutes into the game is more harmful than helpful. You get that Raketenwerfer but cripple your field presence in the process. One less Volksgrenadier out capping or defending, or Kubelwagen (as if you'd ever want that when there are scout cars about), or a setback on the next Sturmpioneer.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 24
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment