Login

russian armor

Rifle Company: How is it?

8 Jul 2014, 18:44 PM

What do the vetted rifles cost? 280mp as usual?

Yep, now I know they do. That is just ridicoulus...
I lost all hope in common sense at relic balance team...
9 Jul 2014, 11:01 AM

What do the vetted rifles cost? 280mp as usual?

Yep, now I know they do. That is just ridicoulus...
I lost all hope in common sense at relic balance team...

Vet rifleman take additional time to produce, but still only cost 280mp.
No sure but i heard RNG god is also affecting how much exp (vet) will the rifleman received.
9 Jul 2014, 11:32 AM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

It got pretty much everything you need. Vetted Riflemen with Flamethrowers? An awesome Anti Infantry arty strike, and a call in tank that combines the firepower of a Jackson AT and the Sherman AI with good armor. The Easy 8 is probably the best US tank.

I might even think this doctrine is too strong.
9 Jul 2014, 11:55 AM

I think it would be okay if they moved the E8 Sherman to a different commander. You'd have great early game but only by sacrificing call in tanks for late game.

As is...seems pretty darn strong.
9 Jul 2014, 11:59 AM

At least an appropriate price increase for the vetted rifles, it's just not OK that they cost the same as vet0 rifles.
9 Jul 2014, 12:14 PM

At least an appropriate price increase for the vetted rifles, it's just not OK that they cost the same as vet0 rifles.

They build for around 100-120 sec.

Not really reliable early game force, but a good means of replacing squad losses.
9 Jul 2014, 14:27 PM

They build for around 100-120 sec.

Not really reliable early game force, but a good means of replacing squad losses.

If you mean the cooldown, yeah, not that spammable. But still you can pump out 2 rifles in quick succession with one even having vet, which has quite an impact on early game IMO.
9 Jul 2014, 14:36 PM

If you mean the cooldown, yeah, not that spammable. But still you can pump out 2 rifles in quick succession with one even having vet, which has quite an impact on early game IMO.

That is correct. Right when the game starts, you can queue a riflemen to build and when that squad is on the field, you can call in the Veteran Riflemen and voila, you have 2 squads right away. But you can already do this with any 0CP call-ins.
9 Jul 2014, 15:10 PM
Patrion 14

Just got it.

-you can call in first vetted rifle straight off the bat then build a normal one then get another vetted one almost as soon as the recharger comes down. this is faster than just building three normal rifles marginally i feel or at least same. vetted rifles have one vet and half way to second vet. if you are slightly lucky, you can have vet2 rifleman after the first engagement, which i think is too much.

-and if your flamer blows up, you can't re-upgrade it. need fixing.

-sherman easy eight feels like t34/85 with sherman's health.

EDIT: white phosphorous does nothing to buildings. I wish it did but i guess all phosphorous doesn't do anything to garrisons.
9 Jul 2014, 17:28 PM

Seems ridiculous that you can get the vetted rifles on the field faster than normal rifles.
9 Jul 2014, 17:35 PM

Seems ridiculous that you can get the vetted rifles on the field faster than normal rifles.

and for the same cost...

this call in was fine in alpha when it had to be queued from a building and took twice as long to build. you gave up field presence for strong units, but now its not balanced at all. theres no downside whatsoever.
9 Jul 2014, 17:42 PM

I don't have it but I play with a couple people who do. E8s are great and are a completely solid upgrade to the normal Sherman as you don't need to select ammo for it, it does cost slightly more fuel but it performs marginally better. I've noticed that you do have to get a normal sherman out before you can get an E8 out as the E8 comes rather late.

As for white phosphorus. I've seen some massive destruction with this combined with incendiary artillery on OKW medical buildings. Destroying up to 7+ squads of infantry. White phosphorus will never kill a unit, only bring it down to 1hp iirc. Which makes it good for smoking a place up and bringing riflemen in the rear of those units and picking them off.
9 Jul 2014, 18:02 PM

in cohstats the E8 has 210 frontal armor and the highest pen of the medium tanks (exc. panther).

Does the armor, in practice, really help much against the OKW or ost? I know the pen does.

puppchens, shrecks, and pumas should have problems penning the front but everything else it probably won't matter.

It looks like the E8 may be great against Ost T3, though.
9 Jul 2014, 18:03 PM

Getting advanced warfare vibes from this doctrine, you can pretty much play it the same way. Get 4 rifles, 2 of which will be vetted. The fact you can have two capping units in the first 5 seconds like someone pointed out is somewhat of an issue. Support your army with 2x mgs, 2x AT guns and hold out for the E8's, and of course you get your captain and lieutenant to go along with it.

Upgrading to bazookas and putting one on each rifle squad can be a deterrent to early-mid light vehicles. The lack of anti-inf dps as a result of bazookas can be compensated by also giving a flamethrower upgrade. Like pointed out before it cannot be re-upped with a FT once it blows up.

The phosphorous ability will put some hurt on weapon team blobs or foward HQs. Pretty strong doc. Also when you get the vetted rifle squads, in my experience they can come out with vet 1 or vet 2 off the bat, it varies.
9 Jul 2014, 19:05 PM

Real simple solution, put the elite rifleman as an option in ADDITION to regular rifles in t1 (or whatever you want to call the building that makes rifles) and give it a higher build time than regular rifles.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★