Login

russian armor

Maxims against OKW.

6 Jul 2014, 15:46 PM

Maxims aren't the problem, OKW unable to deal with maxims is the problem.

I don't know what the solution is though.
6 Jul 2014, 15:57 PM

Permanently Banned
It is almost the only option you have as soviets, togheter with the m3 flame rush. If you do not do this you will get stomped by the late game armor. in 3vs3 and 4vs4 games, you have a combined ostheer and OKW team you are fucked if you do not end the game in the first 30 minutes.
6 Jul 2014, 16:06 PM

Kubelwagon is good for making them reposition, but he can't take them head on.
Generally, the counter is just to stall for a flaktrack. OKW don't have early game grenades (until vet 1 grens) or smoke really, so you either have to play like riflemen of old and just position your troops to flank all the time or you sit back and use garrisons to keep him form pushing you.

6 Jul 2014, 16:21 PM

stuka zu fus? Keep tanks away with raketenwerfer + volksgrenadier with panzershrecks.
6 Jul 2014, 16:32 PM

If he's Maxim spamming properly, there is no "proper flank" :P

So, what's going on over in the rest of the map?
6 Jul 2014, 17:52 PM

Stuka is the worst for this. It takes so damn long to get the fuel for it and it's such an rng unit. The reload is also punishing. When I play soviets as Ike it's infantry support gun all the way. Then I get to hear the qq over how op that expensive as indirect fire unit is...
7 Jul 2014, 01:55 AM

Everybody just forgets when Maxims spam going to buildings, they re really OP in buildings, ostheer and OKW have no way to wipe out them.Ostheer FHT is just useless now. when ost tec goes to T3, who will spend 120 ammo on this useless HT? sorry about my English.
7 Jul 2014, 03:20 AM

Permanently Banned
Maxim needs a 4 tier nerf.

- Supression decrease by 20-30%
- Sigh range decrease be 20%.
- Set up time increase by 1 second.
- Durability decrease of men by 20%
7 Jul 2014, 10:48 AM

Nope. Tweak MG42 a bit and it will be fine. I like how the Maxim perform. It's MG that's a bit behind.
MG34 should be on pair or a bit weaker with recent MG42 and MG42 should be a bit stronger.
7 Jul 2014, 11:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2014, 01:55 AMatouba
Everybody just forgets when Maxims spam going to buildings, they re really OP in buildings, ostheer and OKW have no way to wipe out them.Ostheer FHT is just useless now. when ost tec goes to T3, who will spend 120 ammo on this useless HT? sorry about my English.

The Stuka will one hit kill troops in buildings, regardless of vet/numbers because they destroy the building 95% of the time if you place the rocket pathing on top. The OKW ISG or wehr mortar are also very effective, mortar halftrack even more so with incendiary rounds.
7 Jul 2014, 11:18 AM

Then you will get fast T34 eat your Stuka for breakfast . How new you are?

The question ought to be, how new are you? The stuka barrages from a safe distance, well away from the frontline.
There are things called mines, which will prevent your opponent from bumrushing your stuka with a t34. Also, raketenwerfers. Nuff said?
7 Jul 2014, 11:22 AM

I've found going dual sturmpio and 2 volks to T1 for ISG and then T2 for stuka and eventually pumas for inevitable T34s works well. Use vaulting to pull off early flanks, and once they start camping use ISG to barrage their maxims. Stuka one shots buildings and is the worse nightmare of static units.
7 Jul 2014, 13:49 PM

Maxims aren't the problem, OKW unable to deal with maxims is the problem.

I don't know what the solution is though.

Speaking of 2v2 and 3v3, OKW is generaly unable to deal with a lot of late game things unless he's making sacrifices and build no vehicle until panthers or jagdiger. Hell, achieving to build one Panther as OKW, feels like Christmars every time. Not as if one panther will be able to deal with 4-5 T34s, but still .... :D
7 Jul 2014, 17:08 PM

Permanently Banned
Crazy OP, some mediocre players are using just MaxPin, and if they lost 2 or 3 guns, they continues, with Zis in they back...

I dont know how lost soo many infantry and continues coming with more...

And OKW praying for fuel, converting munition like a crazy, for get a panther, but the soviet call tank with no problem.

Resume: MaxPin is just the early no balance problem.
7 Jul 2014, 22:55 PM

The field gun does a very good number on the maxim. Had a hard maxim spammer pin me to my base, no problem, pop T2, get a field gun, start shelling them, get a second field gun, control group them together and now wipe a maxim with every click. Now grab a IR half track and continue to destroy them from their fallen back postitions in the map. Slowly you will bleed them dry and push them further and further back.

All they can try do is counter mortar, which your field guns sit next to your medics getting healed and reinforced.

Just get a Jagdpanzer to deal with any tank aggression and back up with either fuasts or shreks.

Just dont panic because you are pushed back into your base initially.
8 Jul 2014, 08:43 AM

All they can try do is counter mortar, which your field guns sit next to your medics getting healed and reinforced.

Just get a Jagdpanzer to deal with any tank aggression and back up with either fuasts or shreks.

If you're pushed back in your base and your way to get out is sniping maxims with mortars it´s going to take way too long against a decent player. And you've dug yourself too big of a economic hole if you give up the map for too long.
8 Jul 2014, 08:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jul 2014, 08:43 AMFlyboy

If you're pushed back in your base and your way to get out is sniping maxims with mortars it´s going to take way too long against a decent player. And you've dug yourself too big of a economic hole if you give up the map for too long.

That's a general principle that suites to OKW as well even if it's harder to be crushed. You perobably won't be crushed, but still owned from VP point of view.
8 Jul 2014, 09:10 AM

The field gun does a very good number on the maxim. Had a hard maxim spammer pin me to my base, no problem, pop T2, get a field gun, start shelling them, get a second field gun, control group them together and now wipe a maxim with every click. Now grab a IR half track and continue to destroy them from their fallen back postitions in the map. Slowly you will bleed them dry and push them further and further back.

look charlie, when you start talking about things like building indirect counter measures to static units such as the maxim you upset the German player base. Many of whom had been spoon fed wins from previous patches by having every advantage possible and p2w commanders. They don't want to hear you ramble on about logical tactics.... they want their attack move army to steam roll forward and end the match in 5 minutes so they can roll up the ladder of fame.

On a serious note, remove the rifle grenade from the OST and give it to the OKW in a doctrine or across the board in teching with the triage truck. The OST comes with counters to maxim spam in tier one such as snipers, mortars, mortar smoke + flame pioneers ect. This is a situation where a faction that actually needs a tactical early game option does not have it (OKW)and one that has 5 too many (OST).

Problem fixed. Relic can forward my consulting fee to my account any day now.

8 Jul 2014, 09:21 AM

True maybe they are quite lacking early on in this capacity, but it does not take that long to rush a field gun out when you see Maxims galore, and a second is not far behind.. then you really do put the hurt on them.
8 Jul 2014, 09:53 AM

True maybe they are quite lacking early on in this capacity, but it does not take that long to rush a field gun out when you see Maxims galore, and a second is not far behind.. then you really do put the hurt on them.

Your tactics are sound. The first match I tested the okw with on launch I actually did this build. I read what the infrared half track was. Right away I was like wow this is a cool unit for auto aim and fire artillery such as the field gun. So then I build a few guns and laughed my ass off. You don't even have to tell your guns to shoot enemy squads. It will do it all for you.

It is a very pleasant way to play with the OKW. You simply need to do this build and run around with spios and at volks mopping up the rest. Although a great build it does pigeon hole you into one build to stop maxim spam. Hence why the rifle grenade via doctrine or tech would be a nice addition. Although it needs to be removed from the OST core abilities to be fair.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★