Login

russian armor

OKW T4 truck reliably damages sherman from the front

4 Jul 2014, 07:16 AM

As per title, isn't this a bit too much?
4 Jul 2014, 07:19 AM

What do you expect from this tin can (aka coffin), anyway?
4 Jul 2014, 08:10 AM

Nah its not too much people would just rush it with anything and not give a crap about its flak. So it makes sense for Relic to do that.
4 Jul 2014, 14:49 PM

Yeah, bases are supposed to be no-go zones. That includes forward bases, that's why the Soviet FHQ gives huge combat buffs and the OKW have a Flak Truck.
4 Jul 2014, 15:08 PM

The whole idea of a "no-go zone" is fucking retarded. There's no way in hell that that is their intended design.

And yes, it is absolutely too much that the US's main battle tank is getting penetrated by a base turret that can be put anywhere on the map and requires hard anti-tank to kill.
4 Jul 2014, 15:22 PM

Medium tanks aren't supposed to counter Flak truck from my understanding, you should be using artillery/mortars/AT guns etc.

It's immobile so you can just bombard it all day long and it can't escape or fire back.

It's rough if they get it in a good position like a cut-off, but to do so it needed to be built which is when it's very vulnerable and a single rifleman squad could kill it (I think?)
4 Jul 2014, 15:25 PM

Essentially if they were defenceless vs tanks despite its dmg,no one would still put it forward even after change due to its potential loss-cost and mid-late game entry.Thats why they made its able to dmg to medium tanks i think.It can't be redeployed.so really is a big risk for ur main building that holds the panther and the obersoldaten.Lose it and no units for over 3 minutes..plus heavy price loss.
4 Jul 2014, 19:36 PM

The whole idea of a "no-go zone" is fucking retarded. There's no way in hell that that is their intended design.

It is, if it wasn't, then the Soviet FHQ wouldn't have combat buffs, the truck wouldn't have a Flak gun, and HQ's wouldn't have multiple machine gun nests.
4 Jul 2014, 20:37 PM

american AA ht reliably damage panthers and tigers from the front
4 Jul 2014, 20:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2014, 20:37 PMwooof
american AA ht reliably damage panthers and tigers from the front

I'm quite sure that 10-13% to penetrate for 40 damage is indeed a "reliable" damage.
4 Jul 2014, 20:42 PM

You really shouldn't feel endangered by that because of the fact that it can't move, it's easy prey for AT guns, and the American off map artillery strike would just destroy it in one go.
4 Jul 2014, 20:53 PM

Gun needs a nerf imo.
5 Jul 2014, 05:11 AM

Just use AT gun + pathfinder to destroy it. If they try to kill you then place an MG and bam profit!

I only set up that truck at choke point in 1vs1. From 2vs2 => 4vs4 that thing never leave my base.

5 Jul 2014, 07:56 AM
Benefactor 340

And yes, it is absolutely too much that the US's main battle tank is getting penetrated by a base turret that can be put anywhere on the map and requires hard anti-tank to kill.

Based on the time it takes to deploy then construct and the cost assosiated with doing so it would be far to costly on the OKW player if one tank could just waltz in and take it out. The OKW player would then have to wait another 3 minutes, pay a huge amount of resources and have it destroyed again by one Sherman. The OkW player should have some chance at being able to tech to tier 4 considering how costly it is for them
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 90

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight