Login

russian armor

ISU Post Patch

2 Jul 2014, 11:42 AM

That works only if the ISU is on its own though.
2 Jul 2014, 12:18 PM

Permanently Banned
It seems to squad wipe easier than before.
2 Jul 2014, 12:33 PM

Yea, ISU vs Panther in a game earlier today, 1 frontal shot from a ISU brought a Panther to 50% HP. And it still one shots entire squads which was its biggest problem to begin with aside from the range.

I would like to see a replay of that, as it indicates a serious bug.
Panther has 800 HP and ISU deals 240 damage, which is 30%. I don't think someone as experienced as you would ever mistake 70% health with 50% health and your other posts suggest you do not exaggerate. Could you please upload it?

Regarding squad wiping - The ISU-152 should not squadwipe a full HP spread out squad. If they stand close together (leaving a building, hugging a crater, vaulting a fence) then it can wipe a full HP squad. If they are damaged, it should also wipe more likely.
2 Jul 2014, 12:54 PM

What kind of games allow for 5 ISU anyway... lol.

You probably did something else wrong before.

I'll have to ask you to believe me that I didn't. I know it's possible I am making it up. I hope you will give me the benefit of the doubt :)

The reason it was possible to get 5 ISUs was because the game was a long stalemate slugfest. You can't walk into an ISU so you are forced to give them lots of time to field several each. He had no inf really so lots of popcap.

At point of ISU hitting field I had:
Sturmpio vet3
2x Volks vet3/4
2x Obersoldaten vet2
Panzer fusiliers vet4
Sturmoffizier
Inf gun vet 4
Panther vet1

Stolen Mortar
Stolen AT gun
Stolen Maxim

70% map control. I had lost no units and we had killed several full squads of theirs. (I have this replay I think. Unfortunately it's full of insults from both sides, so if someone wants to check, I can send it by PM, I'd rather not post it.)

Within 5 minutes 3 of those squads were wiped by the ISU. I flanked with Panther, got caught by mines, retreated panther and repaired, tried to flank again - New ISU appeared. Retreated Panther, got away, repaired (now vet2) waited for Sturmtiger, attacked with Panther from right sight, while attack with sturmtiger from the front. Panther died, Panzerfusiliers died trying to use AT grenade for engine crit, volks both died trying to use hreks - all one-shotted. I killed one ISU and his teammate had already built 2 more.
2 Jul 2014, 13:06 PM

I wish the ISU worked like the Sturmtiger - give it even more killing power, and then some manual reload cool down. So it'd be like a Sturmtiger, except a bit less powerful, a bit easier to use. Plus other adjustments to make it balanced I suppose (maybe make it cheaper or something).

IMO the Sturmtiger is a much better designed unit than any of the other super heavies, be they Elefant or ISU, because it's powerful but it comes with drawbacks.
4 Jul 2014, 17:20 PM

Still the same unbeatable game-ending unit. What a complete joke Relic doesn't realize. Support with paks and guards and it is gg. This super hero God-like unit have to go or get nerfed in all aspects. I lose like 95 % of all 2v2s when ISUs arrive. Even alot of games where I was dominating all game.
4 Jul 2014, 17:36 PM

agreed. Historically the isu was no more durable than the is2 since it used the is2 chassis.

Historically the ISU didnt even work so....
4 Jul 2014, 17:41 PM

The 100 range on the ISU-152 has never been a problem. At least not for me. It could rarely make use of those 100 range as it didn´t spot for itself. The real issue was the squad wiping and rate of fire.

Now with the whining that was going on the Elefant was made useless.

The ISU-152 was pseudo nerfed. Sure it also got decreased range. But the Elefant relied on it more than the ISU.

- You have an infantry squad 70 range in front of your ISU? No problem - wipe it. If it somehow doesn´t get oneshot you have time for another shot.

- You have an enemy vehicle in front of your Elefant? You get off one shot. Then you are flanked. Vehicles cross the distance quite fast.

Solution: Give Elefant and ISU-152 85 range. Increase the reload time on the ISU-152 or change the AOE of the HE shell.
4 Jul 2014, 17:54 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

I would like to see a replay of that, as it indicates a serious bug.
Panther has 800 HP and ISU deals 240 damage, which is 30%. I don't think someone as experienced as you would ever mistake 70% health with 50% health and your other posts suggest you do not exaggerate. Could you please upload it?

Regarding squad wiping - The ISU-152 should not squadwipe a full HP spread out squad. If they stand close together (leaving a building, hugging a crater, vaulting a fence) then it can wipe a full HP squad. If they are damaged, it should also wipe more likely.

Went to go look for the replay but the patch has made them unwatchable. :/
4 Jul 2014, 17:57 PM

or, remove all mega range units from the game and give them heavy tanks instead.

seriously the whine on these mega range units is all the same. dont expect soviets or US to do anything against jadgtigers or elefants without a mega range unit on their own.
4 Jul 2014, 18:07 PM

Or give it more drawbacks. Like HE/AT change-over that takes some time (so it has to be used carefully)

Longer reload

Less squad wipe

I don't care about it killing tanks if it just wouldn't destroy my carefully vetted infantry so fast!
4 Jul 2014, 18:47 PM
Patrion 15

Pumas are your best bet
5 Jul 2014, 00:44 AM

Pumas are your best bet

that only works on ISUs that overextend and are unsupported. A decent player isn't going to make that mistake.
5 Jul 2014, 06:55 AM

Good luck using puma in minsk pocket on 2vs2 game. =).

5 Jul 2014, 07:21 AM

I never use ISU after patch...

Yet its still more durable than an is2.
5 Jul 2014, 07:24 AM

This is what happens when I try countering with jagdpanzers I doubt the results will be good when using pumas as OKW. I get tired and worn out and just surrender. :guyokay:
5 Jul 2014, 13:31 PM

Here is an idea. Make isu more at-oriented and then give it barrage ability not unlike su76, except firing one shot only. Make it have relatively low cooldown and add small munitions cost (30-45?) if necessary.
5 Jul 2014, 13:35 PM

Here is an idea. Make isu more at-oriented and then give it barrage ability not unlike su76, except firing one shot only. Make it have relatively low cooldown and add small munitions cost (30-45?) if necessary.

That's the opposite of what the ISU is.

It is designed to be an anti-infantry squad gibbing platform, much as the Phant or Jagd are Anti tank ammo rack detonating platforms.

If it proves to be too generalist, the AT will be the thing that takes a hit.
5 Jul 2014, 14:05 PM

That's the opposite of what the ISU is.

It is designed to be an anti-infantry squad gibbing platform, much as the Phant or Jagd are Anti tank ammo rack detonating platforms.

If it proves to be too generalist, the AT will be the thing that takes a hit.

Well that's the problem, it's designed wrong. Nothing except arty should be gibbing infantry with one shot. It's too mobile and there's no sound of arty in the distance, no red smoke like off-map. It shouldn't be gibber-jabbing.

I really like the barrage ability idea. If it was strong AT insterad. Otherwise it's justan ANTI-EVERYTHING platform.

(point of interest, the Soviets nicknamed it "PIZDEC VSEMU" which actually means "F**ks EVERYTHING". But I don't care nurf it!)
5 Jul 2014, 14:14 PM

Well that's the problem, it's designed wrong. Nothing except arty should be gibbing infantry with one shot. It's too mobile and there's no sound of arty in the distance, no red smoke like off-map. It shouldn't be gibber-jabbing.

I really like the barrage ability idea. If it was strong AT insterad. Otherwise it's justan ANTI-EVERYTHING platform.

(point of interest, the Soviets nicknamed it "PIZDEC VSEMU" which actually means "F**ks EVERYTHING". But I don't care nurf it!)

You do realize that ISU-152 is called like that because it uses ML-20 152mm howitzer as its main gun? You know, the same thing that soviets build as on map arty piece?

IRL this thing WAS low trajectory arty as much as tank destroyer.

I do believe it shouldn't get AT buffs it got, but survival ones were needed.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★