Login

russian armor

ISU Post Patch

2 Jul 2014, 00:45 AM

What' the point of gaining vet when 1 tank can one-shot you? :(

I know there are counters, I know it was nerfed but goddamnit it, what a frustrating turd of a unit :(

*edit*

The Jagdtiger is a great counter to an ISU. But still impossible to avoid squad wipes while you're killing the damn things. Also having to choose the same doc every time I see an ISU commander = boring.
2 Jul 2014, 00:52 AM

What' the point of gaining vet when 1 tank can one-shot you? :(

I know there are counters, I know it was nerfed but goddamnit it, what a frustrating turd of a unit :(

On the other hand I'm kind of glad it wasn't made totally useless
2 Jul 2014, 00:52 AM

2 Jul 2014, 00:56 AM

Has anyone tried the jagdtiger vs isu. I would love to know how that plays out.
2 Jul 2014, 01:02 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Yea, ISU vs Panther in a game earlier today, 1 frontal shot from a ISU brought a Panther to 50% HP. And it still one shots entire squads which was its biggest problem to begin with aside from the range.
2 Jul 2014, 01:07 AM

has any tried the jagdtiger vs isu. I would love to know how that plays out.
It;s not even close. The Jagdtiger will tear it apart.
2 Jul 2014, 01:12 AM
Patrion 14

has any tried the jagdtiger vs isu. I would love to know how that plays out.

85 range concrete piercing shell v. 70 range HE shell.

jagdtiger will rape all tanks. sure it isn't 100 range but having 15+ more range than anything else and monstrous armour make it the king of all tanks.
2 Jul 2014, 01:36 AM

Jagdtiger is in a pretty good spot. MEGA EXPENSIVE, super slow, but can shoot through objects and deals 320(?) damage to tanks (only tanks, no infantry wiping bullshit).

PD: The artillery mode from JT is bugged or something. When I order it to attack a hilly terrain, its shots get shotblocked by terrain or something else :( (Like the B4 203mm)
2 Jul 2014, 03:06 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Worlds easier to counter.
raw
2 Jul 2014, 04:30 AM

The biggest issue with the new 'ISU' is that it is more durable than a Tiger.
2 Jul 2014, 05:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jul 2014, 04:30 AMraw
The biggest issue with the new 'ISU' is that it is more durable than a Tiger.

agreed. Historically the isu was no more durable than the is2 since it used the is2 chassis.
2 Jul 2014, 07:43 AM

2 Jul 2014, 07:44 AM

2 Jul 2014, 08:20 AM

Has anyone tried the jagdtiger vs isu. I would love to know how that plays out.

My question is "has anyone managed to call a jagdtiger untill now?" I didn't. And if it is possible - sacrificing all you can build in the meantime just for calling one unit - then may I ask "Have anyone build a KT until now?" For me, it might as well not exist, because I find it impossible to build it if you want a balanced army that could hold the frontline. I think it's not ok to relay only on infantry to resist and then when you finaly build a KT or call a JagdTiger, that thing to be the only vehicle type unit you have among some volks and pio.
2 Jul 2014, 08:26 AM

My question is "has anyone managed to call a jagdtiger untill now?" I didn't. And if it is possible - sacrificing all you can build in the meantime just for calling one unit - then may I ask "Have anyone build a KT until now?" For me, it might as well not exist, because I find it impossible to build it if you want a balanced army that could hold the frontline. I think it's not ok to relay only on infantry to resist and then when you finaly build a KT or call a JagdTiger, that thing to be the only vehicle type unit you have among some volks and pio.

honestly its quite capable of having a manpower only army as OKW, shrek volks, raketen, obersoldaten, infantry suppport gun, etc. the jagdtiger is slightly easier since you dont need to construct all 3 trucks, instead you can get away with building just the medic truck and the t4 truck, which will give you access to every unit you will need to hold the line.
2 Jul 2014, 10:15 AM

Jagdtiger is definitely a great hardcounter to an ISU, no doubt about it. I just don't want to have to choose Jagtiger doc every time.

I called a Jagdtiger in the match I had before this post. The other teams called in 5 ISUs, one-shotted all my vet4-5 infantry then capped with new conscripts.

Even after the ISU nerf, I've seen it in 8/10 matches in 2v2 vs a soviet player. Maybe I'm unlucky.
2 Jul 2014, 10:45 AM

I called a Jagdtiger in the match I had before this post. The other teams called in 5 ISUs, one-shotted all my vet4-5 infantry then capped with new conscripts.

This is the real problem. Resources cripple system and the cost of heavy armor makes OKW weaker in late game. "The other team called 5 ISU, I called one Jagdtiger". That is saying all. No jagdtiger in the world can resist to 5 ISUs.
My impression is that in 2v2 games one of the players needs to be Wehrmacht and in 3v3, two of them need to be Wehrmacht, every time just one OKW. Elitism gives OKW an unwanted fragility.
2 Jul 2014, 11:19 AM

What kind of games allow for 5 ISU anyway... lol.

You probably did something else wrong before.
2 Jul 2014, 11:24 AM

This is the real problem. Resources cripple system and the cost of heavy armor makes OKW weaker in late game. "The other team called 5 ISU, I called one Jagdtiger". That is saying all. No jagdtiger in the world can resist to 5 ISUs.
My impression is that in 2v2 games one of the players needs to be Wehrmacht and in 3v3, two of them need to be Wehrmacht, every time just one OKW. Elitism gives OKW an unwanted fragility.

How to get Jagdtiger in teamgames?

As Okw in 2v2 > Get T2 Truck and start fuel converting all the time > 23 mins aprox = Jagdtiger.

As Okw in 3v3/4v4 > Get someone in your team as Ostheer to have Luftwaffe Supply Doctrine > 20 mins aprox = Jagdtiger.

But its not that reliable build, So I'm waiting for the OKW PAK43 doctrine. I cant wait till I get it.
2 Jul 2014, 11:28 AM

Get a Puma against ISU-152. Seriously guys. Its so fast ISU won't be able to hit it even if you attack head on.

PzV with combat blitz working as well.

On the side note after playing some games I find OKW to be very strong and very interesting to play.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★