Login

russian armor

Jackson's target priorities and charging in is killing me

1 Jul 2014, 09:49 AM

Just had a game where I was trying to destroy a king tiger, and obviously wanted to kite it. There was a problem, however: the jackson kept targeting the infantry next to it instead. Slightly annoyed, though not raging, I clicked on the tiger repeatedly to attack it. No big deal.

Except I'm kidding. Because once I did, Mr jackson decided it was in his best interest to put the petal to the metal and charge right up to the king. I believe he may have got a round off before he kissed that smiling grill of the steel beast and was blasted to infinity. I believe I may have smashed my keyboard.

Possibly.

Anyone else having this issue?
1 Jul 2014, 09:53 AM

Jackson and M10 badly need holdfire. They have no reason to be aiming at infantry.
1 Jul 2014, 10:46 AM

It wouldn't be too bad if it didn't charge when you told it to attack
1 Jul 2014, 10:56 AM

They should fix it

It is important
I have the same Issue
1 Jul 2014, 11:29 AM

This happens with other tanks too, Pz4, puma and Panther are known for it, been asking for some kind of fix for this for a while.
1 Jul 2014, 11:37 AM

This happens with other tanks too, Pz4, puma and Panther are known for it, been asking for some kind of fix for this for a while.

Afaik this problem came with the new patch but I might be mistaken. And yes it's extremely annoing and definitely needs fixing.
1 Jul 2014, 12:37 PM
Senior Caster Badge

This is such a huge problem that is just destroying a lot of potential for really great micro, which is really important because Tank battles at the moment have so much RNG in them and little meaningful micro. Not only a hold fire button that all tanks should have but also a "Hold turret Facing" would be incredibly handy to have when you know a tank is around the corner but it will take the main gun 2 seconds to rotate around to focus it, but you can't do that until after the Tiger starts shooting at you.
1 Jul 2014, 12:59 PM

also a "Hold turret Facing" would be incredibly handy to have when you know a tank is around the corner but it will take the main gun 2 seconds to rotate around to focus it, but you can't do that until after the Tiger starts shooting at you.

Give an attack ground order a bit behind the angle you need, then move it around the corner before it fires.

2 Jul 2014, 12:02 PM

It also feels like tank behaviour in general fucked up since WFA. Most time I use Panthers, they do retarded shit and get stuck at everything (including enemy tanks), then start to turn in a circle while traversing the gun to wherever but not the enemy tank.

Your opinions? Can you confirm?
2 Jul 2014, 15:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jul 2014, 12:02 PMgeist
It also feels like tank behaviour in general fucked up since WFA. Most time I use Panthers, they do retarded shit and get stuck at everything (including enemy tanks), then start to turn in a circle while traversing the gun to wherever but not the enemy tank.

Yes, I can. I can't tell you the amount of times I've had a fast tank that the opponent cant track and I click behind him to flank only to have the tank crash directly into him
2 Jul 2014, 15:23 PM

Jacksons and M10's have infantry as their target priority
2 Jul 2014, 16:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jul 2014, 12:02 PMgeist

It really does seem this way. Since WFA the pathing is horrendous.
2 Jul 2014, 16:11 PM

This is a wider problem than just these units. I've had my IS2's switch targets on me to infantry during a shoot out.
2 Jul 2014, 16:12 PM

I had King Tiger focusing infantry instead of KV-1 too.
2 Jul 2014, 16:32 PM

Addressed this problem before.
There should be a hold turret rotation or smth, It's unbelievably frustrating when the enemy tank goes into the fog of war for a second (or behind a house / ...) and your tank start targetting infantry.
2 Jul 2014, 18:18 PM

This thread x1000. Tank destroyers should prioritize shooting tanks.
2 Jul 2014, 18:28 PM

I'd like if they just had a "Target Vehicle Only" option for all armoured vehicles. People ask for "Hold Fire" but that will not fix the problem because you still wouldn't be able to kite and attack at the same time, since issuing move-orders would override the attack order, but disabling "Hold Fire" will just let them shoot everything but the thing you want them to shoot.
2 Jul 2014, 18:54 PM

tanks should work this way:

target priority 1 = vehicles; target priority 2 = infantry
2 Jul 2014, 19:09 PM

there should be a hold fire ability vs infantry, which mean these unit will never attack infantry and only vehicles automatically
2 Jul 2014, 20:41 PM

I'd like if they just had a "Target Vehicle Only" option for all armoured vehicles. People ask for "Hold Fire" but that will not fix the problem because you still wouldn't be able to kite and attack at the same time, since issuing move-orders would override the attack order, but disabling "Hold Fire" will just let them shoot everything but the thing you want them to shoot.

This would be amazing and so easy to implement. I hope relic sees. This is not an issue of balance or people whining, it's a genuine problem that can be easily fixed with method above.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 46
Russian Federation 19
United States 13
unknown 3
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L