Login

russian armor

MG34

30 Jun 2014, 01:57 AM
Patrion 14

i have been using this unit to fill the gap in my OKW build in several 2v2s. and time and time again, it fails to suppress units fast, and in my experience, it feels like it takes 1.5~2 full bursts to suppress and even worse against units in YELLOW cover! i know it is 30mp cheaper but it feels really underwhelming.

this is purely from my experience and i could be terribly wrong. i just want to know your experience with this unit. and it'll be great if someone has stats comparison between mg34/mg42.
30 Jun 2014, 02:11 AM

It's the worst MG in the game, so you need 2 in one spot if you want any real effect.
30 Jun 2014, 03:09 AM

Permanently Banned
OKW sucks in the HMG, AT department.

Units cost 33% more yet are 33% less effective or weaker than sovs or US.

Dont believe me. Check OH vs sovs vs US vs OKW win streaks.

Sovs + Us dominate. Obviously ou would expect relic to do something here but everything falls on deaf ears.

Its just a joke atm.
30 Jun 2014, 03:29 AM

Permanently Banned
If the mg42 dont have all that pin power and dont kill fast, imagine the mg34... paintball!!!
30 Jun 2014, 07:48 AM

OKW sucks in the HMG, AT department.

Units cost 33% more yet are 33% less effective or weaker than sovs or US.

Dont believe me. Check OH vs sovs vs US vs OKW win streaks.

Sovs + Us dominate. Obviously ou would expect relic to do something here but everything falls on deaf ears.

Its just a joke atm.

Gsus man. I have 4 win streak with my partner as OKW/Ostheer team, wtf have patience and practice a little before complaining.
The Mg34 sucks a little but why is everybody crowding tu use it? I just don't use it, I don't need it.
The rachetenwerfer is a nice at gun but only after it gets vetted, that's the problem. You should have a more constructive approach. Even if balance would be that bad, there would still be some solutions. But I admit I can't say anything about balance at this point because I need to play more to make an opinion.
30 Jun 2014, 08:24 AM

The Issue with both German MG's is they need a scout to be fully effective, unlike Soviet and US counterparts.
30 Jun 2014, 08:45 AM

The Issue with both German MG's is they need a scout to be fully effective, unlike Soviet and US counterparts.

wtf has scouting to do with suppression or killing power?
30 Jun 2014, 18:43 PM

The poor MG's. The best machine guns ever made. Outperformed by WW1 Maxims. LOL. Seriously, anyone who still says that MG34/42's are "in a good spot" needs to stop being a Sov fanboy.

Side note: Why is the Maxim better than the .50 cal? the second best machine gun ever produced?

30 Jun 2014, 19:07 PM

Gsus man. I have 4 win streak with my partner as OKW/Ostheer team, wtf have patience and practice a little before complaining.
The Mg34 sucks a little but why is everybody crowding tu use it? I just don't use it, I don't need it.
The rachetenwerfer is a nice at gun but only after it gets vetted, that's the problem. You should have a more constructive approach. Even if balance would be that bad, there would still be some solutions.

Exactly.
With the understanding of the faction(and opposing factions) comes the understanding of what and when to use.
lolcake is as clueless as it can get when it comes to all armies(have yet to see a single post where he seems like he knows what to do as ost).

Hell, I am rank 62 with OKW and OST AT team, me playing as OKW. So far I have only one single issue-double soviet on semoisky(which I find to be a horrible map despite so many people jerking over it, it should never be a 2v2 map).
30 Jun 2014, 19:50 PM

Permanently Banned
The poor MG's. The best machine guns ever made. Outperformed by WW1 Maxims. LOL. Seriously, anyone who still says that MG34/42's are "in a good spot" needs to stop being a Sov fanboy.

Side note: Why is the Maxim better than the .50 cal? the second best machine gun ever produced?

MaxPin! hehehe

I think is balance putting the best (ultra 1 sec pin) MG in the game with 6 guys!!! For do fast A+MOVE and GG! or get f$*%* and lost the MaxPin MG for the axis, GG too!!!

This weapons unrealistic balances have a big space in this game, but all for balance (i want more real weapons), the maxpin are easy flanked too...
30 Jun 2014, 20:13 PM

I actually prefer this one over the MG42 because of the seemingly faster setup/pack up time and the lower price.
Also it suits Volks well in the style-department, since both are kinda crappy :P

(still it misses a unique unit portrait, though (has same as Volks). Damn those lazyass 2d artists. Even I can make new icons from existing ones.>:()
30 Jun 2014, 20:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2014, 08:45 AMJaigen

Having a scout buys them about 3 seconds because they can open fire sooner, which will usually pin the enemy before they can get close enough.

I don't think the problem is the Maxim being 'better', I think the problem is that tripod machine guns are under-performing for some reason. I guess someone in the balance team thinks tripod machine guns are too 'set and forget', so they made them perform badly by themselves.
30 Jun 2014, 20:52 PM

Im finding using mg34s with kubelwagens very potent. mg32s by themselves just dont cut the mustard but supported by another, or a kubelwagen they get the job done.
30 Jun 2014, 21:30 PM

I think the Kubel suppresses better than the MG 34 actually.
1 Jul 2014, 01:08 AM

Im finding using mg34s with kubelwagens very potent. mg32s by themselves just dont cut the mustard but supported by another, or a kubelwagen they get the job done.

Ya so um 420Mp for a HMG that doesn't do the job!? totally balance no need to look any further relic................
1 Jul 2014, 07:32 AM

I think the Kubel suppresses better than the MG 34 actually.

And this is true. More than this, it is a mobile supression platform which makes it verry usefull.
Mg34 it's weak and therefore it's doctrinal. It's also cheap. I didn't test all the opening possibilities with OKW but I guess a kubel/Mg34/volks combo would be a choice. The only thing about it, is that your capping speed will be the speed of a snail :D. I refuse to play okw the way I played ostheer. From what I know (playing COH1 in the past and now COH2) is that every faction is verry different from the others and has its totaly different playing style. I guess you need to relay on mobile units in startgame, for one good reason: with ostheer you could afford to be slower at capping because it didn't have this income limitation. With OKW you hsould be agressive enough in startgame and try to grab some territory - preferably at list as much territory as your opponent grabs, then try to keep it untill more powerfull units come.
The choices are harder to make and if you take the wrong one this will result in GG. That's why I would not hurry to get that MG34.
Once again, it's harder to play OKW than americans :p as it is harder to play ostheer than soviets.
1 Jul 2014, 08:28 AM

The rachetenwerfer is a nice at gun but only after it gets vetted, that's the problem. You should have a more constructive approach. Even if balance would be that bad, there would still be some solutions. But I admit I can't say anything about balance at this point because I need to play more to make an opinion.

Hey Heini, I almost always agree with you :) but here I think he has a point about the win-streak statistics. Any faction/combo which has a much larger amount of long win streaks is likely to be overpowered in some way.

to use an extreme example, if a bug made vet1 riflemen unkillable and the bug wasn't fixed for a month (possible with relic ;)) this would be represented in the streaks with huge US streaks / win rates. Obviously we don't have anything so drastic BUT there is evidence to say there is a US advantage over the axis.

(of course, it could be because the US is simpler to play and people are still learning how to properly handle OKW)

Anyway, this doesn't mean that the OPs complaint about MGs is correct. I like the MG34, if it's kept behind your other units it can help a lot. But he's right that the suppression sucks compared to Maxim.
1 Jul 2014, 08:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2014, 08:45 AMJaigen

Because if they get to shoot at their MAX RANGE, they will suppress better and quicker, where as it doesn't really matter for Maxims or Brownings but it really does matter for the MG's
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★