Login

russian armor

Disappointed with OKWs extra commanders

PAGES (7)down
27 Jun 2014, 05:33 AM

I don't even mind crossovers, hell I'd be content with a whole crossover commander just of WM units. Pak 40's and MG 42's would help fill some of the gaps left in Oberkommando's composition. I'd even take Grenadiers for the simple fact that the German Army was comprised of them (only for that doctrine though).
27 Jun 2014, 09:40 AM
Patrion 14

Someone mentioned going mental over Hetzers. I dont think I need to remind everyone that Hetzers NEED to hetz! Don't be cruel and deny them!

We already have an established precedent in having both the M10 and M36 with practically identical roles. Having both the Hetzer and the Jagdpanzer IV (and, I presume, the Jagdpanther) would not detract from the game. They could always give the Hetzer or the JP to OH if you want to avoid redundancies, but otherwise the cost would be drastically different and they could always add funky abilities to either one.

Or could it be that they're saving the Hetzie for the inevitable Hungarians.. One can always hope, I suppose.

27 Jun 2014, 10:15 AM

Jaeger inf are like 5 man sniper squad, with G43 they are better than obersoldats in everything, so as the reinforce which is 60 or sth like that, at least thats how they looked like in alpha for vCoH2 factions

Thanks for the info. Wouldn't mind trying them but at this drop rate who knows when :P
27 Jun 2014, 11:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2014, 09:40 AMSappi

We already have an established precedent in having both the M10 and M36 with practically identical roles. Having both the Hetzer and the Jagdpanzer IV (and, I presume, the Jagdpanther) would not detract from the game. They could always give the Hetzer or the JP to OH if you want to avoid redundancies, but otherwise the cost would be drastically different and they could always add funky abilities to either one.

Yeah People dont want to understand this.
They could add the Hetzer and make him faster and more mobile with a different gun and armor than the Jagdpanzer IV and give him a few unique abilitys. While the Jagdpanzer IV is also relatively expensive they could make the Hetzer also cheaper so that you can better mass him up and swarm the enemy.

BANG you got a different tankdestroyer.
27 Jun 2014, 11:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2014, 11:57 AMAffe

Yeah People dont want to understand this.
They could add the Hetzer and make him faster and more mobile with a different gun and armor than the Jagdpanzer IV and give him a few unique abilitys. While the Jagdpanzer IV is also relatively expensive they could make the Hetzer also cheaper so that you can better mass him up and swarm the enemy.

BANG you got a different tankdestroyer.

Except, overflaps with Puma, which is cheaper, more mobile tank destroyer.
27 Jun 2014, 12:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2014, 11:59 AMKatitof

Except, overflaps with Puma, which is cheaper, more mobile tank destroyer.

Puma a tank destroyer???????????????????????????
OK the Hetzer haters really got it..............
Puma was a Scout car.
Katitof thinks that the Puma is a tank destroyer like the Jagdtiger, Jagdpanzer IV or SU-85.o_O
27 Jun 2014, 12:15 PM

You need to play the game more Affe and spend less time on forums, your arguments start to sound like the ones of certain N named person, who also spend months on forums with 10 games played.

We couldn't care less what it was IRL.
In game, ever since it was introduced it got a role of light tank destroyer and thats what it excels at.

It have nothing to do with hetzer love/hate, its all about balance.

Heavy/big gun tank destroyer?
Elephant, JagdTiger.

Medium tank destroyer?
JagdPanzer IV, StuG.

Light tank destroyer?
Puma twice.

See, that role is covered, no matter how much you want to spin it, its there already. That niche is well covered for both armies.

Same thing with Jacksons and Wolverines, one is long range, big punch support, another one is more mobile, cheaper skirmisher akin to puma, they share similarities and targets, but they keep different roles.

Its really a simple concept, so I'll leave you with that, take your time and let it sink.
27 Jun 2014, 12:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2014, 12:15 PMKatitof
You need to play the game more Affe and spend less time on forums, your arguments start to sound like the ones of certain N named person, who also spend months on forums with 10 games played.

We couldn't care less what it was IRL.
In game, ever since it was introduced it got a role of light tank destroyer and thats what it excels at.

It have nothing to do with hetzer love/hate, its all about balance.

Heavy/big gun tank destroyer?
Elephant, JagdTiger.

Medium tank destroyer?
JagdPanzer IV, StuG.

Light tank destroyer?
Puma twice.

See, that role is covered, no matter how much you want to spin it, its there already. That niche is well covered for both armies.

Same thing with Jacksons and Wolverines, one is long range, big punch support, another one is more mobile, cheaper skirmisher akin to puma, they share similarities and targets, but they keep different roles.

Its really a simple concept, so I'll leave you with that, take your time and let it sink.

There are things between light, medium and heavy.(but this is beyond the closed mind of many Forum users here)
The Jagdpanter for example has more the armour and gun like a heavy tankdestroyer but it is based on the advanced and modern panther chassies and therefore it is also very fast and mobile like a medium tankdestroyer. It has things from the Heavys and things from the mediums.

Hetzer for example wouldnt have the firepower of a Jagdpanzer IV but it would have a better armor than the fragile Puma and faster then the Jagdpanzer IV and also a high rate of fire. He also got a stronger gun than the Puma but weaker than JP IV. BANG different from both. It would have things from mediums and lights.

Jagdpanther is a TD between medium and heavy.
Hetzer is a TD between light and medium.
BANG 2 new vehicles with a role for the game.

And stop calling the Puma a tank destroyer. Dude it is not even a tank. Its a Scout car.

AND PLS TELL ME SINCE ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO HAVE THE PUMA AND THE HETZER IN THE GAME: WHY DOES COMPANY OF HEROES 1 HAVE BOTH OF THEM COVERED IN THE GAME? PLS ANSWER! NOBODY HAS WHINED ABOU THIS IN COH1:
27 Jun 2014, 12:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2014, 12:31 PMAffe

There are things between light, medium and heavy.(but this is beyond the closed mind of many Forum users here)
The Jagdpanter for example has more the armour and gun like a heavy tankdestroyer but it is based on the advanced and modern panther chassies and therefore it is also very fast and mobile like a medium tankdestroyer. It has things from the Heavys and things from the mediums.

Hetzer for example wouldnt have the firepower of a Jagdpanzer IV but it would have a better armor than the fragile Puma and faster then the Jagdpanzer IV and also a high rate of fire. He also got a stronger gun than the Puma but weaker than JP IV. BANG different from both. It would have things from mediums and lights.

And stop calling the Puma a tank destroyer. Dude it is not even a tank. Its a Scout car.

AND PLS TELL ME SINCE ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO HAVE THE PUMA AND THE HETZER IN THE GAME: WHY DOES COMPANY OF HEROES 1 HAVE BOTH OF THEM COVERED IN THE GAME? PLS ANSWER! NOBODY HAS WHINED ABOU THIS IN COH1:

The reason why the Hetzer isn't in the game is because the job of the Hetzer has been fulfilled in the StuG, Jagdpanzer IV and Puma, Katitof is right.
27 Jun 2014, 12:40 PM

Hetzer for example wouldnt have the firepower of a Jagdpanzer IV but it would have a better armor than the fragile Puma and faster then the Jagdpanzer IV and also a high rate of fire. BANG different from both.

Oh, I didn't knew PE had Puma, thank you for enlightening me. :loco:

But even if you want to bring CoH1, here it goes:

Marder III, it was basically PE version of AT gun, once in range, small arms destroyed it.

JagdPanther had a role of elephant/JagdTiger here, the role of heavy tank destroyer with lots of HP, solid front armor and decent mobility(panther base after all). Here, JagdPanzer does that.

Hetzer was a light TD, basically it was an answer to StuG/Puma of the Wehr.
Now why Wehr had both, Puma and StuG you might ask?

That is quite simple really, Puma wasn't a light TD by default, it was mainly AI unit that could be upgraded to fight M8, while StuG was a full fledged medium TD.

And again, stop pretending Puma is not a light TD in game of CoH2.

http://blogs.companyofheroes.com/2014/06/10/coh2-the-western-front-armies-unit-profile-sdkfz234-puma/#more-735

It doesn't matter if its a car, tank or unicorn IRL, its role is light tank destroyer, you can deny that all you want, but it won't change that FACT.

You're as dense and thick on your head as Jagdtiger frontal armor you know...
27 Jun 2014, 13:05 PM

Clearly you were talking about vCoH1 and not PE at all. <444>_<444>:loco:

27 Jun 2014, 14:04 PM

My head hurts from all this bullshit
27 Jun 2014, 14:52 PM

I'm pretty sure they put a few ost units in because of time and money reasons.
27 Jun 2014, 15:46 PM

I'm pretty sure they put a few ost units in because of time and money reasons.

Yep this is most likely what happened, I hope they could patch it and replace the pak43 with the 88mm flak and the ostwind by the wirbelwind.
27 Jun 2014, 15:50 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2014, 12:01 PMAffe

Puma a tank destroyer???????????????????????????
OK the Hetzer haters really got it..............
Puma was a Scout car.
Katitof thinks that the Puma is a tank destroyer like the Jagdtiger, Jagdpanzer IV or SU-85.o_O

in this game the puma does act very much like a tank destroyer with the armor of a light vehicle.

warning to thread: keep it civil there is no reason you have to go off topic for the sake of name calling. stay on topic, stay respectful that is all i ask.
27 Jun 2014, 15:55 PM

Hetzer, if put in the game would probably be:

Frontal armor same as the Jagdpanzer IV. Very weak, paper side armor, (as historically).

Same pen as the Panzer IV G

HP @ 400 or lower than Stug- maybe 360?

Have the Jagdpanzer Iv's invisible mode.

I don't think it'll be popular for the same reasons why the SU-76 isn't being used to hunt tanks.

Personally I really want to see the US 90mm gun on the cruciform mount and Sherman 76mm (regular and non doctrinal) being put in. These fought in the Battle of the Bulge. The Germans have too many good tanks and the strongest AT ability & armor already.
27 Jun 2014, 16:17 PM

Permanently Banned
Hey, i crazy or the new factions dont get a inf. mortar? Only truck?

27 Jun 2014, 16:18 PM

There is a manhandled 60mm US mortar (with portrait and everything) that exists in the mapbuilder.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS