Login

russian armor

Broken balance - Soviets vs OKW

PAGES (10)down
24 Jun 2014, 15:37 PM

btw i do agree with bartonon the m3 problem , but hey im staying positive. i wasnt able to detect any other major flaws with balance so far, which regarding to COHs history is actually a good thing :D
24 Jun 2014, 15:48 PM

anyone tried going 2cnd truck -> convert to fuel -> rush flak HT ? i managed to get mine out before the 4 min mark once and it shreds m3s. yet it wasnt vs m3 spam so.... im just not into bashing balance within less than 24h after its release :O

It depends on who is my enemy.

if USA: Rush Flak HT is ok and with some decent support you can push enemy back.

if Russian: Bad Ideal. Both Tier 1 and tier 2 can take care of Flak HT good( The .50cal on M3 can actually fuck your HT up pretty good :O. Zis, Guards v.v.v ) I suggest using the second command truck to scout the Russian base first(lol) then start building the tier you need.

If enemy abuse M3 then I guess it's time for ya to get fast Puma.

Usually in 1vs1 after the first 3 mins using the command truck to scout around and crush enemy, I go back to base and build the Tier 1 truck to get medic and the Jadpanther to have something against enemy tank.

2vs2 I usually just go tier 2 and wait for the stuka halftrack. That shit blow up like crazy, worth the recharge time if you ask :D.

24 Jun 2014, 16:02 PM

I totally agree with you. The game is out 1 day and even the "Top" player BartonPL begins to flame and QQing... That's really disgusting! Maybe he should adapt to the new conditions? :)

Accusing someone of QQing is belligerent and unpleasant. At the start of this thread, Barton was just talking about balance, and now you're making it personal and calling people "disgusting." This irks me because you created that thread a while ago about how the community here was so hostile and I agreed with you and I was glad someone brought it up.

Question to people who have played the alpha for a while: does the OKW, in regards to M3 and other units, feel more like it was designed to fight the US, and as a result feel awkward against soviets?
24 Jun 2014, 16:09 PM
Honorary Member Badge

guys keep it clean there is no reason you guys need to be picking fignts if you see a post you don't think fits the site rules. there is a button for that now it will help us staff out tremendously, instead of flaming each other into an endless flamewar.

note: that if you dislike the content of someones post that doesn't mean it breaks site rules. :)
24 Jun 2014, 16:11 PM
Patrion 14

Question to people who have played the alpha for a while: does the OKW, in regards to M3 and other units, feel more like it was designed to fight the US, and as a result feel awkward against soviets?

The problem is that skill scales.

Barton is playing at a level where the aggregation of tiny advantage multiplies. He's an elite player. I respect his opinion, because he plays (and has) extremely developed apm and micro.

I don't, and at the level I'm at neither have a lot of the people I play. Down here in the shallow end, M3s are pretty much dealt with using Sturm Pios (yeah, ambush an M3 from behind with 2 x Sturms and you can wreck it) or the Puppchen.

Then again, if I was faced with a Cataclaw-level player with three M3s I'd be screwed.

OKW IMO is pretty campy. The faction is designed to claw a small piece of defensive map and carve your way out of it. I think you're meant to make Soviets fight the battle you want to fight, not the one they want to. Of course, that is predicated on the map and in the alpha I was one of the players who pointed out that OKW (was) the most map-dependent faction.

For now, I focus on one area of map and keep it. I let the Soviet guy have the rest and then build outwards.

Maxims are more of a problem for me than M3s atm, actually.
24 Jun 2014, 16:18 PM

^^^

+1 good point. I've noticed that as well about the top 20 players. They play COH like chess and stick to short & sharp 1 v 1 matches (mostly) where victory depends on counters & intuitive prediction of that one opponent.

Big team games have multiple players and it's less unforgiving because teammates can cover each other.
24 Jun 2014, 16:43 PM

The M3 has never been balanced. Not in Ostheer vs. Soviet and not now. It's just not a vehicle that can be balanced to start with.
24 Jun 2014, 18:21 PM
24 Jun 2014, 18:30 PM

It's just not a vehicle that can be balanced to start with.

You could not be more right.
24 Jun 2014, 18:31 PM

I totally agree with you. The game is out 1 day and even the "Top" player BartonPL begins to flame and QQing... That's really disgusting! Maybe he should adapt to the new conditions? :)

except you know, m3 has been an issue forever. it has nothing to do with "new conditions." I'd say your posts are the only thing disgusting in this thread.
24 Jun 2014, 20:11 PM

The M3 was only really an issue when they buffed the health while significantly delaying T2's arrival. They created a scenario where there is no counter for the first 5 minutes or more of the game, and in this time the M3 allows the Soviet to take over the majority of the map and gain a fuel advantage.
24 Jun 2014, 20:21 PM

Permanently Banned
Is because the map dependence that M3 early spam is f0ck! (vs a good player of course)

German loose in few minutes, because you know that you are in high delay (reinforce, fuel, upgrade times)...

If you dont do nothing to M3's and dont get half of the map, you will see 2 T85 or 2 Sherman?.. when you have 1 kiwi panzer4 (are strong in visual but a puff in damage and armor lol)...

And if you wait for 1 Tiger (OH 1 REAL TANK!!!!), you enemy still have advantage, with spam AT (+ crazy cons reinforce for life), 2 T85 (double T85, best call in game), and more 1 heavy tank...
24 Jun 2014, 20:30 PM

Possible solutions:

- Reduce the M3a1's health or gun's damage and reduce the OKW's Supply Truck speed.
25 Jun 2014, 07:47 AM

It's not like people like Barton played okw the first time on Monday. People were playing the alpha since a month and longer.
The final version of the alpha has no differences compared to the release.
25 Jun 2014, 08:42 AM

Permanently Banned
The thing that annoys me. Is there was already a balance issue with M3 and Maxims vs OH. They had two months plus testing with OKW to realise how ridiculous it is.

Coupled with the fact that they have now effectively replaced ISU152 with IS2 and the next OP thing and nerfed tiger and done absolutely nothing to benefit OH is an absolute joke. Disgusting.

Soviet armor was buffed last patch and now with further buffs to IS2 and KV8 its just becoming a joke as if it wasnt bad enough.

And now we have to wait another month just for a patch i BET!
25 Jun 2014, 08:54 AM
Patrion 310

I really dont get this topic...how can a 90 muni panzershrek and the raketenwerfer not be hardcounters to the m3?

Besides, you can get the flak HT 3 min into the game right? How is that not yet another hard counter?
25 Jun 2014, 08:57 AM

IS2 OP? lel

Learn to get a Pak or some Raketenwerfer, will ya?
25 Jun 2014, 09:40 AM

The thing that annoys me. Is there was already a balance issue with M3 and Maxims vs OH. They had two months plus testing with OKW to realise how ridiculous it is.

Coupled with the fact that they have now effectively replaced ISU152 with IS2 and the next OP thing and nerfed tiger and done absolutely nothing to benefit OH is an absolute joke. Disgusting.

Soviet armor was buffed last patch and now with further buffs to IS2 and KV8 its just becoming a joke as if it wasnt bad enough.

And now we have to wait another month just for a patch i BET!

The Tiger and the IS2 are now more or less equal. Tiger has higher dmg, IS2 has better defense. Before the patch Tiger was >>> IS2. Although the costs were the same, that was unfair and not balanced, therefore you hardly encountered any IS2.

It's not like nobody said something about the M3 scout cars in the test forum. Don't know why relic was not adjusting the M3, I guess they were focusing completely on the balance between all 4 factions, especially late game.

However the M3 is not uncountable, you just need to play really defensive in early game. And put the rocket at into buildings.
25 Jun 2014, 10:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2014, 08:57 AMPorygon
IS2 OP? lel

Learn to get a Pak or some Raketenwerfer, will ya?

Not op but once again the soviet equivalent perform way better again
25 Jun 2014, 10:47 AM

The Tiger and the IS2 are now more or less equal. Tiger has higher dmg, IS2 has better defense. Before the patch Tiger was >>> IS2. Although the costs were the same, that was unfair and not balanced, therefore you hardly encountered any IS2.

It's not like nobody said something about the M3 scout cars in the test forum. Don't know why relic was not adjusting the M3, I guess they were focusing completely on the balance between all 4 factions, especially late game.

However the M3 is not uncountable, you just need to play really defensive in early game. And put the rocket at into buildings.

You seem to ignore that the is-2 is more mobile and has more AI killing power. now it has a slight edge over the tiger its basically far more powerful.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS