Login

russian armor

Broken balance - Soviets vs OKW

PAGES (10)down
25 Jun 2014, 11:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2014, 10:00 AMJaigen

Not op but once again the soviet equivalent perform way better again

That is your exclusive subjective opinion, not a fact.

IS-2 takes more punishment, Tiger wipes everything in range quickly.

They are balanced.
25 Jun 2014, 11:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2014, 11:05 AMKatitof

That is your exclusive subjective opinion, not a fact.

IS-2 takes more punishment, Tiger wipes everything in range quickly.

They are balanced.

Great another katitof post with no facts. that the is-2 is better at ai is not subjective. its not subjective that it has greater speed. and now that the tiger and the is2 are basically equal in a slugging match i would say the soviets have the better heavy tank.
25 Jun 2014, 11:44 AM

You have presented your opinion as a fact.

I've pointed this FACT out.

You're still in denial. That doesn't make it any less of a fact here, bud.

Yes, soviets have better heavy tank. So what?

Germans have better AT gun, better mortar, better bunkers, better base infantry and so on.

I know how you love to scream "asymetrical balance" when soviets have something weaker then ger equivalent and complain about it, but say "perfect balance" when germans have something better, so I'll tell you its asymetrical balance here and leave you with that to sink(it most likely won't, BIAS shield will protect you as it did for the months before).
25 Jun 2014, 13:01 PM

Permanently Banned

Because you are known for your 100% neutral posts and strong arguments. You can trust barton. This guy even made shit into gold in vcoh (sniper spam for example). He also tested the alpha, so he already has the needed experience.

Yes I am. Please show me one post where I attack someone in a personal way :) thx
I'm Alpha Tester too. And I don't agree with barton
25 Jun 2014, 13:50 PM

Yes I am. Please show me one post where I attack someone in a personal way :) thx
I'm Alpha Tester too. And I don't agree with barton

Your opinion should be backed with arguments. right now posts are just junk.
25 Jun 2014, 13:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2014, 11:44 AMKatitof
You have presented your opinion as a fact.

I've pointed this FACT out.

You're still in denial. That doesn't make it any less of a fact here, bud.

Yes, soviets have better heavy tank. So what?

Germans have better AT gun, better mortar, better bunkers, better base infantry and so on.

I know how you love to scream "asymetrical balance" when soviets have something weaker then ger equivalent and complain about it, but say "perfect balance" when germans have something better, so I'll tell you its asymetrical balance here and leave you with that to sink(it most likely won't, BIAS shield will protect you as it did for the months before).

upon an unit to unit basis its not but i really doubt that the ostheer has any cost effective TD's that can take on the is2 now.
25 Jun 2014, 13:54 PM

This is a OKW vs Soviet thread, don't bring the Ostheer up pls and ruin the discussion with flaming.
25 Jun 2014, 14:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2014, 13:51 PMJaigen

upon an unit to unit basis its not but i really doubt that the ostheer has any cost effective TD's that can take on the is2 now.

Elephant?
PaK43?

No soviet unit can take single handedly on german armor, why do you believe the revers situation should be different?

Oh, right, I forgot about the bias as heavy as JagdTiger.
26 Jun 2014, 13:32 PM

Played a 4v4 last night and me and another guy where facing 2 soviets on our side of the map. One built 4 M3's as his first 4 units. Wtf. How on earth can okw counter that? we had lost the map by the time a schreck was available. 90 munis???
26 Jun 2014, 14:55 PM

Played a 4v4 last night and me and another guy where facing 2 soviets on our side of the map. One built 4 M3's as his first 4 units. Wtf. How on earth can okw counter that? we had lost the map by the time a schreck was available. 90 munis???

Maybe I'm just being stupid, but I thought that OKW had a T0 AT gun. >_>
26 Jun 2014, 14:57 PM

Doesn't work against that kind of mobility. best bet is to get the flaktrack out first.
26 Jun 2014, 15:00 PM

setup time combined with it's small arc and range means it's very hard to take down any M3.

It seems only useful in a building to deny M3 from entering the area but that is really map dependent.
26 Jun 2014, 15:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2014, 14:57 PMJaigen
Doesn't work against that kind of mobility. best bet is to get the flaktrack out first.

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2014, 15:00 PMarmatak
setup time combined with it's small arc and range means it's very hard to take down any M3.

It seems only useful in a building to deny M3 from entering the area but that is really map dependent.

Ah, makes sense.
26 Jun 2014, 15:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2014, 14:57 PMJaigen

Actually it does quite well.

Learn what baiting/scouting is.

And since we're talking 4v4 here, counter it with 4 min puma.
26 Jun 2014, 16:03 PM

OKW has at gun in first tier, what else do you need? Or just buy schreck , it counters m3s easily. You guys lose a game and then go hardcore whine mode on forums.

M3 needs to be a bit more expensive though(15fu)
26 Jun 2014, 16:04 PM
Senior Caster Badge

M3's seem so much worse than they are because people keep trying to use RakatenWerfers against them. Just go Triple Sturmpios and OKW early game is fine, just rather more delicate.
26 Jun 2014, 16:11 PM
Patrion 14

M3's seem so much worse than they are because people keep trying to use RakatenWerfers against them. Just go Triple Sturmpios and OKW early game is fine, just rather more delicate.

I agree with your remedy, but there's still the obvious design issue: the natural hard counter to the M3 (light AT versus light vehicle) doesn't work.

M3 is too cheap and too fast by the look of it. My nightmare is two of them with flamer squads, but by then I have (one) shrek.
26 Jun 2014, 16:11 PM

Raketenwerfer is weak and especially in early when it can't be that well covered with infantry since you spend MP on AT weapon, while M3 mobility can just drove around your AT gun. Your only hopes are
- place it in building, camp some and get another one and try some pushing
- get AT gun along with your infantry to some sector and on the retreat routes place some mines (OKW mine is only 30 and works as good as teller mine), best on roads.

But this might work vs 1 or 2 M3's, if enemy just spammed like 5 of them (had game like this) then there's nothing that you could do, it's hard to wait for volks getting shreck and even so, they reload it so slow that squad could die twice
26 Jun 2014, 16:14 PM

I like sending sturmpio (or FJ) + 1 volksgren squad to each VP area. They complement each other quite well with sturmpios doing the DPS (which hurts light vehicles) with volksgrens making sandbags on VP points and eventually getting a shreck. All munitions go to panzershreck upgrade (puppchen is too unwieldy).

With spec ops commander, they get the Assgren grenade volley for 10 (15 adjusted) munitions.
26 Jun 2014, 16:39 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Raketenwerfer is weak and especially in early when it can't be that well covered with infantry since you spend MP on AT weapon, while M3 mobility can just drove around your AT gun. Your only hopes are
- place it in building, camp some and get another one and try some pushing
- get AT gun along with your infantry to some sector and on the retreat routes place some mines (OKW mine is only 30 and works as good as teller mine), best on roads.

But this might work vs 1 or 2 M3's, if enemy just spammed like 5 of them (had game like this) then there's nothing that you could do, it's hard to wait for volks getting shreck and even so, they reload it so slow that squad could die twice

There's your problem. Stop trying to Raketenwerfer against M3's, it seems like the intuitive counter but it's absolutely not.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 86
Germany 2
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %