Login

russian armor

Broken balance - Soviets vs OKW

PAGES (10)down
24 Jun 2014, 10:50 AM
Honorary Member Badge

basically because it gets a forward sight bonus at all times. like the su85 ability only it can't turn it off.
24 Jun 2014, 10:52 AM

The Jagdpanzer is constantly in some focused vision. It has more frontal view than other tanks, but less to the sides and rear.
24 Jun 2014, 11:13 AM

Its so funny how these soviet pros think they are so good. Soviets have fk all micro to perform compared to oh. And yes I have played sovs and its emabressingly easy to play

You know what is really funny?

You thinking that you are good and 100% of your problems are balance issue.

The truth here is brutal(for you).
24 Jun 2014, 12:01 PM

Should i just attack move to get there? I might get there easier. Like sovs do

Hilarious, now my signature!
24 Jun 2014, 13:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2014, 07:49 AMBurts
really barton? the game has just been released and you are already complaining?

I'm dissapointed in you, test the game, for a week or two, then complain about balance, soviets might be OP, OKW might be OP, whatever might be broken and stuff, but it must be tested.

And who are you exactly? You've not even put up your player card while Barton has won highly competitive tourneys and contributed to CoH2.org. The man has a strong understanding of the game and therefore has a right to make posts on balance. You do not.

I agree with it. The M3 has long been a game-spoiler. light armour and map-control-ability in the same tier as snipers & long before a hard counter is a terrible idea.
24 Jun 2014, 13:07 PM

Go double or triple Sturmpioneers + Kubel against Soviets. Deals with anything early even against M3, but it can get a bit tricky. But so long as the Sturms are in cover, the Sturmpio insane DPS will just shred the M3 and force it off. Don't even bother with the Raketenwerfer, and Volks are only really worth getting for the Shrek. Though I like to have Volks against US.

Ummm... M3 kills from maximum distance, maybe 1 model per minute (LOL) but it still does. What can a STG do to M3 maximum distance?
24 Jun 2014, 13:37 PM

Should i just attack move to get there? I might get there easier. Like sovs do

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD EPIC :lolol:
24 Jun 2014, 13:49 PM
Senior Caster Badge

You would be surprised how effective Sturmpioneers are against M3's. At max range, no of course not. You can just walk away when the M3 is trying to snipe the sturmpios.

There's no reason to build Volks against Soviets until you can afford a Shrek.
24 Jun 2014, 13:52 PM

I remember the Panzergren/Sdfz 250 call-in from mech. assault shredded M3s. Very expensive counter, though. The STG44 in general does well against M3s if it can hit it.
24 Jun 2014, 14:00 PM

Go double or triple Sturmpioneers + Kubel against Soviets. Deals with anything early even against M3, but it can get a bit tricky. But so long as the Sturms are in cover, the Sturmpio insane DPS will just shred the M3 and force it off. Don't even bother with the Raketenwerfer, and Volks are only really worth getting for the Shrek. Though I like to have Volks against US.

I agree with TheMachine, Volks against Soviets just doesn't seem that viable, it's pretty much just trying to match conscripts against cheaper conscripts(in terms of damage output to reinforce/build cost). Strumpio's are just fantastic, if you have them predicatively in cover they can easily deal with the M3, cons etc. Maxims might be an issue on maps with heaps of garrisons like Semosiski but still in decent cover OKW has heaps of infantry that just shred. Plus nades are pretty decent.

Requires a lot more gameplay to determine balance issues, really should hold off for a week or two.
24 Jun 2014, 14:29 PM
Patrion 14

Requires a lot more gameplay to determine balance issues, really should hold off for a week or two.

We can only dream Archon.
24 Jun 2014, 14:50 PM

Ive not had chance to play yet, but why is shred volks not a good counter to M3? How much is the shrek?
24 Jun 2014, 15:04 PM

Permanently Banned
Something is broken if you can't use/play it.
To use such big words is wrong imh, and even more if someone famous/top player says that. This is why people say that the community of this game is bad.
Maybe he has some points but "broken" is total wrong!

I totally agree with you. The game is out 1 day and even the "Top" player BartonPL begins to flame and QQing... That's really disgusting! Maybe he should adapt to the new conditions? :)
24 Jun 2014, 15:05 PM

90 muni for 1 shreck. For OKW this is more like 135 munitions.
24 Jun 2014, 15:06 PM

Ive not had chance to play yet, but why is shred volks not a good counter to M3? How much is the shrek?

90 muni, because it also adds immunity to cold (Kappa) and usually Volkd die quickly due to M3 main gun fire
24 Jun 2014, 15:24 PM

Or maybe you give some good arguments boosting the discussion here instead of insulting other people? Please deinstall CoH we don't need such dudes in this broken community. :)
Additionally you should play the game once before posting the crap you usually do :) thx

Because you are known for your 100% neutral posts and strong arguments. You can trust barton. This guy even made shit into gold in vcoh (sniper spam for example). He also tested the alpha, so he already has the needed experience.
24 Jun 2014, 15:25 PM

anyone tried going 2cnd truck -> convert to fuel -> rush flak HT ? i managed to get mine out before the 4 min mark once and it shreds m3s. yet it wasnt vs m3 spam so.... im just not into bashing balance within less than 24h after its release :O
24 Jun 2014, 15:30 PM

Yeah, if something feels akward and op -> L2P ^^
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 95
Germany 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W