Login

russian armor

Official Sturmpioneer thread

PAGES (8)down
25 Jul 2014, 21:48 PM

As soviet, my best counter for sturmpios is a M3 at max range and penals (w flamer) if they try to approach.

You can bleed some mp without any or very low cost to you as the M3 can get repaired and the penals can be merged with cheaper scripts.
25 Jul 2014, 22:01 PM

What's wrong with combined arms? You will have hard time fighting SP with Cons alone as they were never designed to do that. To the same extend I wouldn't compose my OKW force from Volks only as this would put me at disadvantage.

Sorry but I don't understand this topic. Did OP has problems with Sturmpioneers in general or he/ she couldn't utilize Conscripts spam to deal with them?

If the OKW only spam SP than we is making it easier for you as no AT infantry present on the field. Use this so it will work your way.

Nothing but you mentioned that Scripts themselves could Easily deal with Sturms. No they cant. Combined arms are required. Scripts cannot even if you spam them to kingdom come handle Sturmpios easily as long as you arent outnumbering them 3 to 1.

The polarizing difference is OKW (and I play them a TON) dont HAVE to spam Volks and use Doctrine for viable infantry.

Soviets do. Scripts arent what is making up your easy counter that you mentioned. Its the Maxims and the Snipers. Its not the scripts. Scripts were OK vs ost until LMG but they are LOL against OKW. And thats a shame.
25 Jul 2014, 23:53 PM

If OKW player builds only SP than no, Cons alone won't do the job but in normal matchup when there are only 1 - 2 squads this won't be a problem just pick your engagements visely. Ignore Volks, focus SP, force retreat and there you go.
2 Aug 2014, 03:28 AM

Scripts were OK vs ost until LMG but they are LOL against OKW. And thats a shame.

I play Soviets a lot, and I don't think it's a shame. I like the asymmetric play styles versus the different factions and troops. Screening, capping, and overwhelming, they do their jobs effectively versus the OKW.
2 Aug 2014, 05:07 AM

I play Soviets a lot, and I don't think it's a shame. I like the asymmetric play styles versus the different factions and troops. Screening, capping, and overwhelming, they do their jobs effectively versus the OKW.

The issue is that cons doesn't scale in the game, and all the manpower you invest in them is manpower lost for the lategame, meanwhile volks scale very well and they are really useful all the game.

Cons are in the same tier than M3 or Kubel. They're good units but they doesn't make too far to the midgame, so sometimes it doesn't worth to make them if you want to tech fast or invest the mp elsewhere.

You can spam cons and hold the ground against OKW, but without snipers or maxims you will end overwhelmed whitout doubt and lose.
2 Aug 2014, 10:48 AM

One of the issues with this game is lack of global upgrades and having everything tied to the commander system. It would be great if Conscripts were able to have the PPSH upgrade by default tied to T3 or T4 so they could have some late game scaling.

Conscripts are cheap and are good early on though. Sturmpioneer may be a pain in the ass to deal with but they cost twice as much to reinforce (40 vs 20) and they take a long time to reinforce. Say for example you drop a SturmPio down to two squad members and they retreat and your conscripts retreat as well. The conscripts will be reinforced and capping again while the SturmPio is still in base reinforcing.

Also keep in mind that Conscripts do well vs Volksgrenadiers early on, and the AT Grenade almost one shots the kubelwagon. Once you get Guards or Shock Troops you can use them to merge saving you manpower down the road.

What would be nice though is having the ability to Auto Reinforce like in Dow 2 and have conscripts with Auto Merge leaving you with at least 1 conscript left (so you dont lose the squad) A quality of life issue but you would see less people complaining about conscripts as they would be vital to keeping the reinforcement costs of your other units down. All the infantry units have 1 armor now so there is no downside to using merge anymore.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS