Login

russian armor

OKW Truck and Pushing/Crushing

PAGES (9)down
26 Jun 2014, 03:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2014, 21:48 PMNoun

Just to give you some insight into the Q/A process for video games. Within a handful of hours of TWFA being released the players had already played more than we could have if we had the full SEGA Q/A department working on it for 2 years.

By now we could have been testing the game for over a decade and still not have put in as much time as players.

15,000+ people playing at a time are going to find things faster than any Q/A department.

Now I don't think that's the case here, because this was fixed in Alpha - but bugs or exploits are going to happen. We'll fix them as fast as we can, and I think in general for CoH2 we've done that.

woo damage control.

goodness though, if it was fixed in alpha, how come copy pasting that version to the retail version was an oversight? it seems like the hardest part was already dealt with, which is the identification and solution of the problem.
26 Jun 2014, 04:20 AM

good. HOW FUCKING HARD IS IT TO AVOID THE TRUCKS NOOBS? ALOT FUCKING EASIER THAN DEALING WITH ISU AND M3 SPAM. FFS. Make this the biggest issue and avoid dealing with easy mode sovs.

M3 spam is somewhat OP at the moment, but nowhere near this abusive. If you're having problems with ISUs get an elephant or KTB. If you didn't pick one of those commanders in the current meta, that's on you.
26 Jun 2014, 06:55 AM

Yea. Me and my friend got abused today pretty badly. It's just not fun to know you are already on a struggling path. In 1on1 it's a risk you can afford to take. In 2on2...there's just too much that is going on elsewhere so you can't focus on that truck. By the time one guy is done annoying you, the other guy is setup with spam you can't beat.

Thanks relic. Glad I didn't buy the expansion. I wanted to, but now I'm glad I didn't. So sad guys have to abuse the game at others expense and actually lol about it. The taunts...the abuse... really takes the fun out of the game.

FIX:

The fix to the mobile truck is not only take away the crush all together like the T70. But... make sure that infantry cannot be pumped out until it's setup. Or.

Each truck can only be setup 1 sector farther than your base.

Mix that in to the OKW somehow and they might not be so bad to play against right off the bat.

I do agree with the guy that ANY mobile HQ is plain old stupid. The biggest difference was that the Brits were fairly weak off the bat not super strong.
26 Jun 2014, 07:29 AM

Permanently Banned
The awkward moment when you get soviet noobs complaining about op issues when soviets are by far the most op nation in this game. Easy mode sttack move nation with little micro
26 Jun 2014, 08:10 AM

The awkward moment when you get soviet noobs complaining about op issues when soviets are by far the most op nation in this game. Easy mode sttack move nation with little micro

The awkward moment when you open your mouth.

Seriously. It's a bug. It's not intended. Using it is exploiting the game mechanics. This has been admitted by Relic themselves already.

Just grow a pair already and stop crying in e-v-e-r-y single thread about Soviets being OP. :D
26 Jun 2014, 09:36 AM

Relic just fix the dam' truck.
26 Jun 2014, 09:49 AM

From reading this thread, Id say its a bit slack to accidentally launch a version with this already previously corrected issue.

Aside from that, mistakes happen. Its normal. Seems to me its more important how you act to correct them, and in this case, Relics reaction is timely and proper.

So, no permanent damage done, and lets hope this is the worst of the gremlins that managed to sneak in.
26 Jun 2014, 10:41 AM
Patrion 310

The funniest part is its less about soviets and more about us forces because us has no early counter to it. Soviets atleast had m3 and at nades

Your whole act of posting Soviet op in threads and creating topics is really getting boring now. Either post your player card so we can see what experience and bias you have or just **** off out of the forums
26 Jun 2014, 14:39 PM

People keep calling this a mobile base to try to exaggerate how bad it is, but it isn't.

By the time it actually is a base and can call in units, it becomes a permanent structure. This is not like what the brits had.

Another thing is that only 2 of the 4 bases can actually reinforce squads or be set as retreat points, and it is not like it becomes an amazing forward base to churn out units; CoH2 dispatches units from off the map.

Only one of them is anything close to a mobile base since it can move before it permanently becomes a reinforce/retreat point. Otherwise, the other two are just repair stations and flak emplacements that lock down territory. Oh, and you can only have 1 of each.

The trucks aren't mobile bases. One is a normal base, and the other is an expensive forward base that is vulnerable to small arms fire.

There are plenty of good ways to deal with it proposed in this thread, and it will be fixed soon. Don't exaggerate.
26 Jun 2014, 15:04 PM

This game so sucks ass now because of this and many similar things that I have altogether stopped playing it. I have not bought this expansion, and have gone to playing something else. F Relic and what they have done to this game for a few extra dollars.
26 Jun 2014, 16:31 PM

The overreaction to this one bug is hilarious.
26 Jun 2014, 16:34 PM

The overreaction to this one bug is hilarious.

Let me guess, you have never faced it?

Its complete bs and no, its not overreaction, especially since it was reported and prevented in alpha but still managed to somehow be here now.
26 Jun 2014, 16:37 PM
Patrion 14

26 Jun 2014, 16:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2014, 16:34 PMKatitof

Let me guess, you have never faced it?

Its complete bs and no, its not overreaction, especially since it was reported and prevented in alpha but still managed to somehow be here now.

I have, actually, once, though I mostly play an Axis faction. It's definitely annoying, but when you start claiming you're going to quit the game forever (or already have), after Relic says they're aware of it and are gonna patch it by end of week, it begins to sound a bit ridiculous.
26 Jun 2014, 17:05 PM

Agreed it needs to go.

But just saw JellyDonut's promise to leave the game because people used abusive play against him...

https://vine.co/v/MtZ2xhIjDPe

^^ click ^^
26 Jun 2014, 17:33 PM

Agreed it needs to go.

But just saw JellyDonut's promise to leave the game because people used abusive play against him...

https://vine.co/v/MtZ2xhIjDPe

Somehow abuse against jellydonut and cpt molo is not abuse in my dictionary but a karma.

But that is only against these two.
26 Jun 2014, 18:38 PM

Threatening to leave the game over a simple bug (that has been acknowledged by Relic)is just... dumb.

http://steamcharts.com/app/231430#7d

DOUBLING playerbase is a good sign of the real reception of WFA, bravo Relic.

LULZ

It's getting fixed. If you can't keep your panties from getting in a wad and just laugh about the comedic footage generated then the Coh community is better off without you.
26 Jun 2014, 20:38 PM

If there's one thing about this bug is that it has created good lols
26 Jun 2014, 21:33 PM

Sorry guys but I can and WILL use this until it's fixed. WAY too effective to pass up on. Reliable, fast and heavily armoured early recon w/ridiculous crushing abilities?

You would have to be a samurai or 12th century knight to have the honor NOT to use it.
26 Jun 2014, 21:56 PM

Sorry guys but I can and WILL use this until it's fixed. WAY too effective to pass up on. Reliable, fast and heavily armoured early recon w/ridiculous crushing abilities?

You would have to be a samurai or 12th century knight to have the honor NOT to use it.

Or simply not be an exploiting dick.

Anyway it will be slightly more survivable then M3 scout car and won't be able to crush infantry tomorrow(or today at night).
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS