Login

russian armor

OKW Truck and Pushing/Crushing

PAGES (9)down
25 Jun 2014, 18:44 PM

I'm curious how many trucks would be needed to level a base building?
1 of 2 Relic postsRelic 25 Jun 2014, 19:02 PM

This is not as intended and will be addressed in the next patch - which is tentatively slated for the end of the week.
25 Jun 2014, 19:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2014, 17:54 PMNapalm
These forums need an ignore user function.

Well, we already have report button, so its going into right direction.
Now rampant trolls can be silenced quickly and effectively.

And regarding the YT clip, FU germany for your music protection laws and FU uploader for using that music.
25 Jun 2014, 19:23 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2014, 19:02 PMNoun
This is not as intended and will be addressed in the next patch - which is tentatively slated for the end of the week.

thanks Noun.
25 Jun 2014, 19:31 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2014, 18:29 PMS73v0

OMG! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
:clap:

That was the most hilarious video of coh2 to date. I can't stop laughing :D Jokes aside though I would be pretty pissed if this happened to me. I feel bad for TheMachine, he's appearing in a lot of these monster truck videos :P

Provided it does not happen to you, then yes, I agree,this gross exploit has its humorous aspect. But in truth, it should never have entered the game
25 Jun 2014, 19:33 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

This is not as intended

Understatement of 2014.

and will be addressed in the next patch - which is tentatively slated for the end of the week.

But...but...it is not as if the Alpha forums did not address this stark issue......
25 Jun 2014, 20:15 PM

You played straight into his hands there. Use the capture point as a barrier. He wont be able to path himself around it in any reasonable time and if he keeps trying to run over you just run in circles around it. You capture the point and he probably spent more effort trying to run you over than you did right clicking every few seconds.

An example of me doing that is in this replay at the start;

http://www.coh2.org/replay/19021/usa-vs-okw-47-stressful-minutes

Oh my god you are that blind? Even if you do micro constantly and not get run over, it does not matter. Your first engage ment will be ruined by the fact that it will simply crush your cover and push your units around making them not fire, or fire with reduced accuracy. It is simply not fair.
25 Jun 2014, 20:43 PM

YAY NOUN :D
25 Jun 2014, 20:49 PM

Oh my god you are that blind? Even if you do micro constantly and not get run over, it does not matter. Your first engage ment will be ruined by the fact that it will simply crush your cover and push your units around making them not fire, or fire with reduced accuracy. It is simply not fair.

What is with the hostility? I explained a way to mitigate the problems a very obviously broken mechanic creates. I'd rather talk about how to deal with the problem while it gets fixed.
25 Jun 2014, 21:01 PM

Someone tried this on me and I punished him hard for it. Felt good.
25 Jun 2014, 21:02 PM

Yeah, the problem can be mitigated by running in circles. He will spend time microing the truck while you just move around. It's still bullshit that needs fixing, since the really dangerous part is when the truck lumbers in a firefight and disrupts your rifles/scripts. Early game is already bad enough against OKW without the monster truck absurdity every time.

I don't know how they can fix it, however. Maybe just make it as vulnerable as the ambulance to small arms fire.
25 Jun 2014, 21:09 PM

It probably wasn't intended, but people for some reason tend to find and go for the most abusive things and use them over and over to get an unfair edge which ruins fun gameplay.

Maybe you could devote a bit more time to think about and find potentially abusive mechanics when releasing new content / abilities?
25 Jun 2014, 21:11 PM
Honorary Member Badge

hes saying it was never intended to be in the patch release. (i think ;))
25 Jun 2014, 21:44 PM
Donator 22

Exterminator
OKW-Truck
Kills: 5

:megusta:

make them as slow as the KT
2 of 2 Relic postsRelic 25 Jun 2014, 21:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2014, 21:09 PMTNrg

It probably wasn't intended, but people for some reason tend to find and go for the most abusive things and use them over and over to get an unfair edge which ruins fun gameplay.

Maybe you could devote a bit more time to think about and find potentially abusive mechanics when releasing new content / abilities?

Just to give you some insight into the Q/A process for video games. Within a handful of hours of TWFA being released the players had already played more than we could have if we had the full SEGA Q/A department working on it for 2 years.

By now we could have been testing the game for over a decade and still not have put in as much time as players.

15,000+ people playing at a time are going to find things faster than any Q/A department.

Now I don't think that's the case here, because this was fixed in Alpha - but bugs or exploits are going to happen. We'll fix them as fast as we can, and I think in general for CoH2 we've done that.
25 Jun 2014, 22:34 PM

Look it is great noun that you come on here and at least attempt to do some damage control. This abusive exploit aka cheat was in coh1 with the British faction release and it had to be patched out after about a year of massive complaints. This is nothing new to the players and relic. We both have been here before. The minute that the dev team decided to use the broken and bad game design of movable hq's again... a big huge red alert light should have gone off in their heads as this was a huge game breaking cheat back then too.

I will give some credit as I have not seen the base truck retreat cheat yet which means somebody is sorta paying attention on the dev team. Or maybe players are too new to remember that cheat yet.

Movable bases are garbage and have no place in coh. They were a terrible idea in coh1 and are a terrible idea in coh 2. It is like you just copied coh 1 and shuffled the deck again and added a way to put p2w commanders in.
25 Jun 2014, 23:00 PM

Oh...just admit someone thought it would be funny to put heavy crush on the trucks. We understand, you guys need amusement too :)

It has been pretty funny, especially when you play Soviet vs it...!

26 Jun 2014, 00:35 AM

Movable hq's was and is a terrible concept for the coh world. Think about all the effort and time that is put into map design and balance. Every object, every fence and every peice of crushable cover is pointless when you can just take your truck and crush it all early game. It is just a terrible concept. There was a huge backlash from the community over this horse tripe and then relic tries to stuff it down our throat again. Why is relic obsessed with this terrible concept? Just when you thought the idiot who made The Brits was fired from coh1 here he shows up again.

I really hate being negative about a game I love but it just pisses me off when valuable resources could be directed at improving a solid concept instead of this garbage again. This one terrible concept has done more damage to the coh community than any other feature. P2w commanders is bad, but mark my words you will see a huge decline soon. It just destroys what coh is about.
26 Jun 2014, 01:18 AM

I really hate being negative about a game I love

Sure doesn't seem like it.
26 Jun 2014, 01:47 AM

Besides this one oversight, I think the game is pretty well designed, polished and fun. GJ Relic :)
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS