Login

russian armor

Patch updates for June 23rd, 2014

23 Jun 2014, 19:14 PM

RIP ostheer armor and good riddance,OKW/USA here i come.

I'm looking forward to your posts on how OKW and US are too weak vs vanilla factions.
23 Jun 2014, 19:15 PM

Fail patch...m3 stayed OP...germans will still grenspam probably.15 accuracy reduction for pzgren?..hmm.

No teching cost adjustment for germans,,t4 still inaccesible.Panther had no adjustments but puny 20 armor.Still not viable pricewise.

Last 2 german tanks elfant and tiger got nerfed,while is-2 now can probably beat all german tanks.

P4 got further cost increase just for inf killing power..lol.A t-34/85 at 360 mp and 130 fuel and p4 at 350 mp and 125 fuel..now compare performance..sham.

Wehrmacht armor basically got extinct..

Mg 42 and maxim problem still stayed.

FHQ still broken.

Only good things fixed mines and aoe profiles,and probably cooldown on arty.Other than that utterly disappointing..ostheer will probably be not really viable in this patch.

How could they not fix the m3?Fukin blind?Lots of useless pop changes.Utter anticlimax,I'm switching to OKW and usa for sure.

They dont want you playing ost anymore. buy okw to win as germans. ost vs us is going to be a good battle and okw vs soviets will be good. however, ost vs sov is a joke. ISU got a range nerf? what about the fact it 1 shots ost 4 man squads? the meta for ost and sov, is still going to be ele(maybe pak43 if you are good at sim city) vs isu. that match up is getting fucking boring as fuck.
23 Jun 2014, 19:18 PM

ISU got a range nerf? what about the fact it 1 shots ost 4 man squads?

All weapons that have AOE profiles will inflict less damage at midrange

That is, midrange of AOE.
23 Jun 2014, 19:18 PM

I'm looking forward to your posts on how OKW and US are too weak vs vanilla factions.

Everyone will be weak vs soviets.OKW will be last hope for germans.

What was the logic behind leaving the m3 and german t4 untouched?And what is the logic behind a p4 costing 350 mp and 125 fuel..and a t-34/85 360 mp and 130 fuel without teching needs to add to that.Brilliant,i'm sure.

What tank will germans use lategame?This pz 4 vs t-85s?Nerfed tiger?Nerfed elefant?Oh wait..extinct price panther?:clap:
23 Jun 2014, 19:20 PM

What was the logic behind leaving the m3 and german t4 untouched?And what is the logic behind a p4 costing 350 mp and 125 fuel..and a t-34/85 360 mp and 130 fuel without teching needs to add to that.Brilliant,i'm sure.

What tank will germans use lategame?This pz 4 vs t-85s?Nerfed tiger?Nerfed elefant?Oh wait..extinct price panther?:clap:

Im understand that youre pretty butthurt, and so do i, but theres no need to be that cynical / sarcastic..
23 Jun 2014, 19:20 PM

They dont want you playing ost anymore. buy okw to win as germans. ost vs us is going to be a good battle and okw vs soviets will be good. however, ost vs sov is a joke. ISU got a range nerf? what about the fact it 1 shots ost 4 man squads? the meta for ost and sov, is still going to be ele(maybe pak43 if you are good at sim city) vs isu. that match up is getting fucking boring as fuck.

Exactly,i feel they want german playerbase to switch to new factions..maybe a sales pitch once they see..how good new one is compared to crippled old one.
23 Jun 2014, 19:22 PM

+1, however, just go kingtiger until the fanboys get relic to nerf and overprice it to extinction.
I will say that OKW is just as powerful as sovs(last time i played alpha anyway).
23 Jun 2014, 19:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2014, 18:58 PMNapalm
Tiger still has better mobility and gun. I'd say that is pretty good.

Actually the IS-2 is faster than the Tiger is. The IS-2 also has higher penetration and a larger AOE. The Tiger's advantage was it's health, and the IS-2's disadvantage was it's health. So actually yes, the IS-2 is now officially better than a Tiger Tank.
23 Jun 2014, 19:24 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

road to kharkov looks so weird now. Its good they removed those two buildings but at least edit the terrain around it :P
23 Jun 2014, 19:24 PM

Im understand that youre pretty butthurt, and so do i, but theres no need to be that cynical / sarcastic..

No butthurt,answer my accusations logically..or not at all.Is anything i said abt t4,m3,nerfing of all german armor,p4 and how ridiculous t-85 is in comparison out of place?

Well play the patch as ost..u'll find out for urself.My disappointment is that i waited 2 months for this...they could have just said last patch was more or less final arrangement..and i would have simply left this broken cripple OH rather than wait with hope.Well there's okw and usa.
23 Jun 2014, 19:25 PM

So play soviets and shut it already?

If the grass is greener on the other side, jump the fence and see for yourself.

And yes, you are butthurt as it was pointed out. Your posts in this thread scream that you are.
23 Jun 2014, 19:26 PM

Actually the IS-2 is faster than the Tiger is. The IS-2 also has higher penetration and a larger AOE. The Tiger's advantage was it's health, and the IS-2's disadvantage was it's health. So actually yes, the IS-2 is now officially better than a Tiger Tank.

Good..it was the last obstacle for soviet fanboys.Now soviet power supreme.
23 Jun 2014, 19:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2014, 19:25 PMKatitof

So play soviets and shut it already?

If the grass is greener on the other side, jump the fence and see for yourself.

And yes, you are butthurt as it was pointed out. Your posts in this thread scream that you are.

Which one is scream...don't shout blindly..tell me which point was screaming?
M3 being OP?German T4?Ridiculous cost of p4 and t-34/85 which shows u the real face of 'balance'?

And no i won't play soviets because i don't like their playstyle..i'll play okw and usa instead..but that doesn't stop me from calling a spade a spade..and that is ostheer,particularly its armor has been nerfed to death.
23 Jun 2014, 19:38 PM

No butthurt,answer my accusations logically..or not at all.Is anything i said abt t4,m3,nerfing of all german armor,p4 and how ridiculous t-85 is in comparison out of place?

Well play the patch as ost..u'll find out for urself.My disappointment is that i waited 2 months for this...they could have just said last patch was more or less final arrangement..and i would have simply left this broken cripple OH rather than wait with hope.Well there's okw and usa.

Didnt you see the "so do i" part??
23 Jun 2014, 19:45 PM

Permanently Banned
4.2 GB :(

If the relic nerf more the germans, i will go for MOW 2 and is it.

Tired of no realism and "balance", forever issue.

And do not doubt anything that is tactic to buy the expansion as the new ger army seems to be much better (with MP44 everywhere), and a 2 real tanks.
23 Jun 2014, 19:45 PM

Still no nerf to the m3? well at least okw isnt bothered with it they get all the counters from the start and the only thing you will accomplish with m3 spam is losing loads of mp and fuel while giving lots of fuel to the okw
23 Jun 2014, 19:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2014, 19:45 PMBravus
4.2 GB :(

If the relic nerf more the germans, i will go for MOW 2 and is it.

Tired of no realism and "balance", forever issue.

Switch to OKW already,ostheer not worth it..u'll just feel bad abt urself after losing consistently to cheesy stuff like m3s and t-85s.
23 Jun 2014, 19:55 PM

Austerlitz: I get your reaction, and I understand its roots. But this is how balance progresses in Relic games. Small pieces at a time.

Your reaction atm, is a bit like a football fans whos team lost, even though they played well.

Imo this patch is a net buff for Ost, in some crucial areas that where problematic.

The AoE change might potentially be huge, as a response to Ost smaller units suffering from AoE much morenthan their counterparts. Imo this is by far the most significant and Ost positive change in the entire list.

BIg thumbs up to Relic for acknowledging this. Smaller Ost units have disproportionately been suffering Sov AoE proliferstion at a rate much higher than Sov has to from Ost, not only because ofnunit size, butnalso due to the nature of Ost vehicle mainguns which are on average terrible in xomparison to Sov equivalents. This was definately in my top 3 concerns, and its not a recent thing, its ALWAYS been a thing. And finally, now, it may be a corrected.

I think the PIV scatter change, also, may potentially be just enough, in two sense, as it improves both AT as well as AI. I find that emminently more important than the small cost compromise (whcich we will no doubt have to remind countless Sov fanboy hordes about when they next whine about t34 efficacy or the scatter change ;P)

This patch is good, in so far as what it is. It doesnt fix everything, but I think its a significant step forward on atleast 2 core Ost concerns.

M3 will have to wait. That unit is in such a weird gap, that we need a whole new kind of angle to wedge it out abit. I am confident that Relic will eventually figure out how to do that. Even the community here has not managed to conceive of a unilateral solution to it since launch, and yes, M3 has managed to, throughout all patches and changes, to retain a degree of stink. It stings, it sucks. Just about everybody acknowledges that. Sooner or later, it will get its due.

From Sov side, this is a weak patch. But that is just how the pendulum swings. Now that a few Ost problems have been adjusted, Im sure Sov will have its time more prominently in the next patch (quite possibly at the expense of the m3, but that makes sense, as with M3 nerfed, you need to give a little slack to cover the rest)
23 Jun 2014, 20:03 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Note: the patch reset my options settings, make sure you go back and change yours before you play.
23 Jun 2014, 20:06 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Just to make sure you read that correctly, it means a 15% accuracy reduction when firing at PGrens.

So they are now Neo-PanzerGrenadiers?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS