Login

russian armor

Question: How exactly does Soviet Industry's economy work?

22 Jun 2014, 16:34 PM

There's been patches and such that have modified the specifics- I know that manpower income declines in favor of fuel income.
22 Jun 2014, 16:44 PM

As it always did.

65 menpower penalty for 13 fuel income.

You will not be able to have any sustainable infantry force and you can't spam T34/76 after the changes to its cost and performance.

Its a doctrine designed to spam units that no longer exist.

Tank values were adjusted, the doctrine was not, waste of money if you ask me.
22 Jun 2014, 16:49 PM

Thanks for that. I have noticed the awful manpower shortage that occurs when using this commander.
22 Jun 2014, 16:57 PM

Yeah Soviet Industry isn't really sustainable in the long run. You'll have a ton of fuel but won't be able to build anything because a lot of vehicles got their manpower cost increased in the last patch. Saving up for KV2's 630MP cost is almost impossible.

It needs its manpower drain reduced at the cost of slightly less fuel gain. Maybe something like -35 manpower and +10 fuel would work better IMO.
22 Jun 2014, 17:42 PM

I think Relic should just simply change SI to a simple MP to fuel convert, like 500MP to around 175 Fuel seems good enough without gibbing your unit too much. The longer the game drags on, the more important MP income become and Fuel less, so that way SI is no longer a fast T70 1 trick pony.
22 Jun 2014, 17:52 PM
Patrion 14

500 fuel for 175 fuel seems pretty OP :P
22 Jun 2014, 18:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2014, 17:52 PMCptEend
500 fuel for 175 fuel seems pretty OP :P

"No map control? No problema Kappa"
22 Jun 2014, 18:18 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

22 Jun 2014, 18:20 PM

I think it's effective if not used the way it is intended. Instead of activating right away, float at about 4 fps and activate around 6, it allows you to have the man power early and mid for tanks so you can actually afford to get a pop mostly of armor
22 Jun 2014, 18:24 PM

^^ this. Dont'T activate it right away and it's a strong commander choice. It is not sustainable in the long run though so your going to have to severely handicap your opponent quickly or keep those tanks alive at all costs. Support infantry works well with this commander if you can keep them alive as well.

Definitely not a bad commander.
22 Jun 2014, 18:28 PM

There seems to be only a 'small window' where this commander could give an edge (mid game?).

I just finished a 24 minute game with mobile defense (axis) and I was swimming in fuel and relatively poorer in manpower.
22 Jun 2014, 18:36 PM

I think that window is around the 8-12 minut mark if you play well.. If you can get the German on his heels in those minutes it's gg.
22 Jun 2014, 18:37 PM

There seems to be only a 'small window' where this commander could give an edge (mid game?).

I just finished a 24 minute game with mobile defense (axis) and I was swimming in fuel and relatively poorer in manpower.

It has a powerful edge mid game that slightly tapers off in the late game depending on how you do. If played right the man power drain mid to late game should not be too bad because most of your damage should be repairable rather than model loss which is where the repair station comes in
22 Jun 2014, 18:37 PM

It has a powerful edge mid game that slightly tapers off in the late game depending on how you do. If played right the man power drain mid to late game should not be too bad because most of your damage should be repairable rather than model loss which is where the repair station comes in
22 Jun 2014, 18:38 PM

22 Jun 2014, 18:39 PM

Lol phone posts really?
22 Jun 2014, 19:15 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

+1

Definetely a teamgame commander.
22 Jun 2014, 21:11 PM

It'd work better if it was a manpower discount on tanks instead. Sure no more 7 minute T-70's but on the other hand you'll be able to keep pumping out Tanks in the late-game when fuel isn't so hard to come by and manpower is extra-valuable.
22 Jun 2014, 21:34 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

I am a dirty Industry abuser. When it first came out I would rush T70s so horrendously fast it wasn't fair. Those days are gone.

It will inevitably leave you with a lot of fuel, and not enough manpower to spend it. If you do decide to use it, be careful about how many infantry you purchase, and how risky you are with them. I often choose this doctrine in 3v3 and 4v4 games when its clear my arranged team is going to obliterate randoms. It's great for pumping out a few early vehicles, but if you are truly dominating you end up with double fuel control and your fuel income slowly outpaces your manpower income.

The KV2 cost increase made it a lot harder to get this beast out too. In saving for it, I often end up giving up on reinforcing infantry squads. They sit in the base idle, which is not ideal.
23 Jun 2014, 01:24 AM
Honorary Member Badge

I'm not sure it's that useful in teamgames

For yourself you don't really need to build fuel caches, but your teammates do unless they are arranging to go heavy infantry and artillery.

That just gives you even more fuel, and it's not like you are short of munitions either.

You could probably put together and pre-planned strat that had SI as an element, but its not good in random match ups
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 30
unknown 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment