Login

russian armor

M3 + maxim + Sniper spam 2v2 - Early game

PAGES (7)down
18 Jun 2014, 22:02 PM

Permanently Banned
M3 and Maxpin is only the tip of iceberg...

Double T85 Call and Shermans Calls is OP too...

But Maxpin and M3 is the hardest...

Maxpin pin in 1 second and kill, MG42 pin in 1 minute (LOL) and dont kill...

The big difference is in the infantry, germany is all weak and die quickly while the Soviets can withstand much more, and weapons there is no real big difference...

A old soviet rifle is a little weak than a SGT44 in this game (but if the sovs inf god mod get a bazooka or sgt44 gg)...

The soviet still no need much cover as germans, and the better range of the germans dont work half of the times because the low vision and the maps of course.

In the tanks battle the germans are in trouble because the aliens mines that decide the game.

Much things, relic are trying to make russians like the game and buy more or what???

I play mostly 1x1 and are right now tru hard days...

Because with soviet is 2more easy to play, as german you get crazy vs a good player!

18 Jun 2014, 22:37 PM
18 Jun 2014, 22:53 PM

Depends on how well co-ordinated his maxims are with his cars and snipers.If 3-4 maxims keep covering the car pushes and snipers,then its pretty difficult for gren blobs to hold their ground even with a mg 42,because maxim can just walk in and set up and have a good chance to win unless 42 is in green...because snipers can take out ur mg..and because u need to keep a gren or 2 close by to mg to prevent car from charging and those grens are then vulnerable to maxim advance.

The key in such games i feel is to try and isolate maxims from the cars..the snipers (Can't have too many sniper along with cars at the same time too early)are very diff to kill if as a good player will always keep them close to maxims.The cars however often get overenthusiastic and charge without support..this is the best moment when they are overextended to deal some heavy dmg.I feel german player is somewhat dependant on mistake of soviets in 2 vs 2,if soviet players micro and co-ordination is good...its very difficult right now to win 2 vs 2.
18 Jun 2014, 23:41 PM

... even if it's true, the man asked for help, it was not a balance discution.

In my opinion, any strategy against this combo-abusive tactic has a 50% chance to fail, but maybe you won't get unlucky.
What me and my team mate used in EARLY GAME:

Player nr 1 - A lot of grens and nothing else. If the map allows you, you will achieve some flanking with them, while M3s cannot really close in. If you cannot flank efficiently or the map doesn't allow, add a mortar. You need actively use buildings and micro your grens. If you cannot reach some buildings before he does, always engage maxims with grens from green cover - they will get supressed realy late that way. 2 gren squads in green cover concentrating fire on a maxim will make you smile. If you didn't cap an amo point, don't use amo for rifle nades. You will need it for pzfaust when the time comes.

Player nr 2 - grens, quick T2, quick SC, even 2 SCs - depends on situation. A SC in this combination can realy ruin his day if maxims are on the field because snipers + maxims need to retreat. If they don't they will be eaten eather by SC eather by grenadiers comming from behind.
Unfortunately, it's only about micro here.

Usualy in such situations guards will apear soon enough so don't be to cocky with your SC. Hopefully you managed to upgrade at list one gren squad with lmg and you will do just fine against guards. If you catch out of guard a sniper squad, follow it untill into the base if you can and kill it. A smart sov player will put mines on reteating path, so you need to be careful.

Sometimes, depending on situation, one of us or both are going mortar ht doctrines if we delt with the m3s. They are efficient agains static spam (zis spam, mortar spam, HMG spam).

Good luck.

Glad to see we have similar strategy for dealing with this combination. Me and my buddy have been playing a lot of 2v2 as Soviet and he likes to go double snipers, we've seen how well a 222 can do against it with good play. Not OP just balanced very well, if you take a chance when the opportunity arises you can wipe 720 MP.
19 Jun 2014, 00:42 AM

9 out 10 cases trying to flank snips against a competent Soviet player will just result in a dead AC. Fast T3 is actually more viable if you ask me.
19 Jun 2014, 01:06 AM

Got stomped by M3 + sniper from one player and guards/cons/maxims from the other rather than pure maxims. In some ways its easier to face and in some ways it's harder. The Scout car as a counter is no-longer really applicable.

It's also a bit map depdentant, I have a ton of trouble on Rails & Metal but Crossing in the Woods is prett easy for us because it's simpler to stick together and there's less time lost if you get pushed off.
19 Jun 2014, 03:02 AM

my take is go defensive and go meaty. it wont be easy and require some sort of acrobatics to make it work. dont let the sniper spam go up, if it does, you are fucked. get ur guys together and hold ur fuel.

4x gren + 1x mg42 and mortar ht, put teller mines at probable positions and pray, since tellers 1 shots m3, u dont really need to do anything else other than placing it. this part is extremely important. many m3 players are bloody over confident and have a good chance to drive over ur mines. always remember to keep ur gren number up, replace them if u need to.

the thing with soviet snipers are that they fire REALLY slow, it takes a good while for a sniper to take out a 4men mg42, so give them a reason to shoot the mg42, keep pinning them. heavy into snipers means u are free from conscripts running all over the map. if its only a single sniper, then there shouldnt really be much of a problem.

as for maxim, the mht should take care of them nicely, burn them, always burn them so they move or die. then if time and luck allows it, barrage snipers and hope for a 1 shot kill or at least move them out of range, sounds quite rng but it happens.

as for the 222, its defense for your lone squads capping. harrass his fuel, his cut off. since he doesnt have much conscripts, ur grens are basically free to take the map. if he sends snipers to deal with ur lone squads, the 222 can chase it away or kill it if he was being too ballsy. reason being there's nothing in the match up that can go 1v1 with 222 unless he has guards and AT guns, then u better stick together.

its not the something that will surely work, but its better than just completely relying on a 222.
19 Jun 2014, 06:02 AM

Well, the SC is a risky bet, but facing this strat will mandatory involve at list one SC if you ask me. You need a fast, un-supressable unit that could create some fidgetiness in their line and it's good at chasing snipers.
What I wouldn't do (remember we are in EARLY game):
- build to early teller mines - they will drain your amo to early and sometimes don't pay off, better conserve your amo in order to use it for faust or for something that you'll use through the game. For instnace, if everything goes well and you're not flushed out from the field by this strat, the conserved amo will help you to get a schreck upgrade. That way the M3 will be killed if it still bothers you, and you will have a powerfull weapon for a quick T34 next to your pack;
- build a to early cache and waste mp on that when in fact you'll need it for frontline units.

Often in my 2v2 games one of us (my or my partner) is building a reinforcement bunker hidden preferrably in the back of a house (to block direct shots and even range shots as shots from mortars). In the majority of situations this little building is extremely usefull because it's cheap and quite stealthy. These features make it different from sdkfz wich will be chased by every conscript on the map with an ATnade in the hand or killed by a ZIS shot. And it's costing fuel. That will help your units to build an "area resistance" that is hard to break. The secret is to fight somwhere in the front of the bunker at a certain distance, and when you see a unit is in trubble, retreat it just a little to be in bunker's range, reinforce it and throw it back into the fight. The only unit that should be kept near it it's the mortar in order to be reinforced easily, or lather the pack. Repair the bunker with some pios from time to time and don't let penals to aproach.

The other one, who has not constructed the reinf. bunker will build the medical one between our hqs so everyone can profit :). GL and HF.

P.S. If some of you are using what I describe above and have som improvements to it, I would be glad to hear them and improve my strategy too. Remember we are talking EARLY game and 2v2.
19 Jun 2014, 06:56 AM

4 x Scout car (2 per player) and rush for the snipers.

Before that, you will need 4 grenadiers to maximize your capping and get the fuel for the SC.
19 Jun 2014, 09:45 AM

Completely nerfing the m3 as a combat unit will fix this problem asap. and with nerfing i mean slash its damage by 70% and its armor should be reduced to 4. this way it will still be usable as a flanker and not as main combat unit.
19 Jun 2014, 10:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2014, 09:45 AMJaigen
Completely nerfing the m3 as a combat unit will fix this problem asap. and with nerfing i mean slash its damage by 70% and its armor should be reduced to 4. this way it will still be usable as a flanker and not as main combat unit.

Obviously its cost goes down to 100-120mp 5fu, right?
19 Jun 2014, 10:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2014, 10:02 AMKatitof

Obviously its cost goes down to 100-120mp 5fu, right?

nope stays the same and just be as cost effective as the rest of the vehicles in the game even with the nerfs
19 Jun 2014, 10:14 AM

Then let me tell you this:

You're adorable.
19 Jun 2014, 10:34 AM

No armor nerfing is needed for M3, but rather a HEALTH nerfing (the problem is not that it's armor cannot be penetrated but rather it takes too much "shooting" to be killed. A faust takes - what? - 50% of its health?). That's how this thing should be balanced, in my opinion. Between health nerfing and cost decrease, a balanced formula should be found in order not to increase the "spamability" of this unit.
19 Jun 2014, 10:42 AM

What's retarded about the m3 is that I didn't know that flamethrowers in cars was the core of the Soviet army in WWII. It's been a viable tactic since day 1 of coh2 and it's pretty silly.

Must have been a really realistic/practical and commonly used doctrine back then.
19 Jun 2014, 10:53 AM

Never liked early tier vehicles, I don't think they add anything interesting to Coh gameplay, quite the opposite actually. They should be just for reconnaisance, like jeeps and motorbikes (infantry pushing doesn't count).
19 Jun 2014, 11:40 AM

Whoops. Wrong button.

Have to agree with SSHeini. As someone who mostly plays soviet the strat he's mentioned can be a pain in the proverbial. Mortar HT's are really annoying and if well micro'd they can be very hard to kill until you hit T3.

19 Jun 2014, 11:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2014, 10:14 AMKatitof
Then let me tell you this:

You're adorable.

i love you 2. However you still have not explained why this unit that can transport a single infantry squad should have more fire-power then the 221.
19 Jun 2014, 12:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2014, 11:52 AMJaigen

i love you 2. However you still have not explained why this unit that can transport a single infantry squad should have more fire-power then the 221.

Because its open top light transport that doesn't have any turret. DUUH.

And the more firepower also doesn't stand true against 221 at max range.
221 got anti light vehicle upgrade there for a reason.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS